DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BEWARE MAVIC 2 PRO OWNERS!! >>PROCESSOR CHIP OVERHEAT ISSUES<<

Jedi

Reactions
Hi everyone, its sad that this is my very first post on this forum and I dont really post anywhere online, but I just wanted to put it out there and tell everyone who has just purchased a mavic 2 pro to beware.

If you have a new mavic pro 2 fly really low to start and make sure it does not overheat!

I just received my mavic 2 pro and flew about 2 ft for a minute or two then 6 ft for a minute or two and then I took it to 15ft and the processor overheated and the drone turned off in the air and my nice new mavic 2 pro fell to the ground.

Now I'm stuck waiting for an email with instructions to send my brand new mavic pro 2 back, to then wait some more for them to evaluate what happened and possibly send me a replacement.

Needless to say I AM NOT a HAPPY DJI CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wipster and 82Patch
No one is happy to hear this. Glad you where low, and could get the drone back.

Hopefully its a one off and they send me a replacement that actually flys more than 15 minutes. This is all i get when I turn it on now.

Attachments

• IMG_5067.png
    IMG_5067.png
    544.7 KB · Views: 797
Hi everyone, its sad that this is my very first post on this forum and I dont really post anywhere online, but I just wanted to put it out there and tell everyone who has just purchased a mavic 2 pro to beware.

If you have a new mavic pro 2 fly really low to start and make sure it does not overheat!

I just received my mavic 2 pro and flew about 2 ft for a minute or two then 6 ft for a minute or two and then I took it to 15ft and the processor overheated and the drone turned off in the air and my nice new mavic 2 pro fell to the ground.

Now I'm stuck waiting for an email with instructions to send my brand new mavic pro 2 back, to then wait some more for them to evaluate what happened and possibly send me a replacement.

Needless to say I AM NOT a HAPPY DJI CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW!!!
Thanks for letting us know!

112604w6nmi757ecz1fmb1.jpg
112628coo5hj5vgkgyjfhg.jpg
112648xbi8iavu14bs3uow.jpg

Pictures from his post on DJI forums...

If the drone is overheating within around 5 minutes of air time, it’s clearly just a factory defect. I wouldn’t worry for the rest of us, but I hope the OP gets it sorted ASAP because it sucks either way.

So, OP, 23 minutes ago you started a poll asking whether or not people will be switching from MP to MP2, no mention of a crash.

Then 18 minutes ago you started this thread about your M2P crashing.

Why didnt you mention your crash in the poll? It was 5 minutes apart from this one.

Detective alert.

maybe were uncovering the reason why dji delayed in the first place,as in not ready for all you rough flyers.

Reactions: Rah
When an M1 overheats the firmware shuts the radio link down and RTH is initiated.
Forward flight pushes air through the front grill and across the lower heat sink so the core board runs cooler vs. hovering.

Would be sad if the M2 doesn't have progressive failsafe programming that will try to prevent a total shutdown in flight.

Reactions: dewster and UAVNV
When an M1 overheats the firmware shuts the radio link down and RTH is initiated.
Forward flight pushes air through the front grill and across the lower heat sink so the core board runs cooler vs. hovering.

Would be sad if the M2 doesn't have progressive failsafe programming that will try to prevent a total shutdown in flight.
im sure dji figured in this scenario in the event of a major failure

im sure dji figured in this scenario in the event of a major failure
Agreed. In an over temp condition it would make sense for the power management chip to shut down all non flight control related power.

@Jedi Please upload the flight log TXT file that's stored in the DJI Go 4 app so we can see what occurred during your flight. All flight data and warnings are also stored locally on your phone/tablet so it doesn't matter if your drone won't start up.

I'm a bit skeptical as stories like yours run rampant after every product launch and especially when the crash is user error in an attempt to recoup financial losses. If your log demonstrates otherwise, I'll happily eat crow.

@Jedi Please upload the flight log TXT file that's stored in the DJI Go 4 app so we can see what occurred during your flight. All flight data and warnings are also stored locally on your phone/tablet so it doesn't matter if your drone won't start up.

I'm a bit skeptical as stories like yours run rampant after every product launch and especially when the crash is user error in an attempt to recoup financial losses. If your log demonstrates otherwise, I'll happily eat crow.

Might I suggest a little BBQ sauce to help it go down easier.

HELP!!! My Mavic 2 Pro fell out of sky into lake

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98