DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying Dji mavic air in the US HELP!!!

L17S95

Reactions
Hi guys,

I am a new member and I have a query.

I am going on holiday to New York and San Francisco at the end of June for 3 weeks. I have been looking at buying a Mavic Air in the UK but some of the prices are ridiculous compared to the US prices. I was wanting to know is it ok to buy the Mavic Air in the US and bring it back to the UK without any compilation in the overall operation of the drone beside the obvious of different plug sockets for charging.

I hope the group can help it would be much appreciated.

L17S95

I think the output signal for wifi in the UK is limited. So you might not get as good a distance as in the states.

Hi, I'm currently in the States but live in the uk. I bought my MA here, be aware of a couple of things. If you have a drone in then US you have to register it, easy to do and costs around 5 usd, rules for drone flying are way more relaxed than in the uk, however the most important thing is that if you buy a drone in the us and then take it back to the uk, if you are stopped at customs you will have to pay import duty on it...i believe on a 700usd drone will be about 100gbp.

I think the output signal for wifi in the UK is limited. So you might not get as good a distance as in the states.

I wonder if DJI would actually manufacturer the drone itself differently for their different markets? The drone itself knows where it is, I'd be willing to bet it configures itself automatically for the differing FCC/CE regulations.

Thanks for the comments, I think even if I get stopped at customs, it is still going to be cheaper overall.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21