DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Caution with the new DJI FPV

Something weighing just 500g (less than many drones) travelling at 100 mph has around 500 joules of kinetic energy. That's quite a lot and you would definitely be "in danger" if it hit you.
Then I suggest keeping the drone away from people - as we have been doing for about a decade.

"What if" arguments. Nothing more vexing.

D

Reactions: Macinfo
Same applies to cars, trucks, trains, buses, and a slew of far more prevalent items then Drones.. so I don't think exaggerating the potential danger really accomplishes anything.
I'm not denying the danger posed by any of the things you mentioned. Nor am I exaggerating the potential danger of a 100 mph drone, I'm just stating a fact.
"What if" arguments. Nothing more vexing.
Rules/laws are mostly based on "what if" arguments. It would be irresponsible to see a potential danger and do nothing to try to mitigate it.

I'm not denying the danger posed by any of the things you mentioned. Nor am I exaggerating the potential danger of a 100 mph drone, I'm just stating a fact.

Rules/laws are mostly based on "what if" arguments. It would be irresponsible to see a potential danger and do nothing to try to mitigate it.
If you want to mitigate any potential danger, how in the world do you get up in morning?? There are potential dangers at every turn. The list is endless of things that are clear and present danger every day, many probably right in your own home.. And your worried that someone will fly an FPV and crash it into a person... get real.. you've probably got a better chance of being struck by lightning,.

I guess that's why I run red arrows @ 2:AM.

I prefer data to "what ifs." It's irresponsible to MANUFACTURE danger and force the constituency to mitigate a danger that has never actually been realized - like all those drone deaths we're mitigating....pffffft....

D

Reactions: Point Zero
If you want to mitigate any potential danger, how in the world do you get up in morning?? There are potential dangers at every turn. The list is endless of things that are clear and present danger every day, many probably right in your own home.. And your worried that someone will fly an FPV and crash it into a person... get real.. you've probably got a better chance of being struck by lightning,.
What an absolutely perfect post in the face of all these naysayers!

Good on you dude and I couldn't agree more.

Somewhere online there will be a list of objects and situations that kill humans for real. I would bet my life that DJI drones are nowhere to be found. Cigarettes kill 8.2 million people a year, 7 million directly and 1.2 indirectly but you wouldn't hear a peep from any of the all knowing omnipotent philanthropists that post here!

No. Its drones are the most dangerous things in the universe full stop.

Lol

Reactions: Donnie Frank
I guess that's why I run red arrows @ 2:AM.

I prefer data to "what ifs." It's irresponsible to MANUFACTURE danger and force the constituency to mitigate a danger that has never actually been realized - like all those drone deaths we're mitigating....pffffft....

D
Hi Donnie,

Totally agree with what you've said expect that its one of the most profitable things you can do on this insane planet is to MANUFACTURE danger from nothing, because there is so much money and power to be gained by using fear as a way to control and manipulate others just by suggestions.

Thankfully there are some that are immune to this foolishness but still have the heart to try and fight back against it, even on a little drone forum.

Hi Donnie,

Totally agree with what you've said expect that its one of the most profitable things you can do on this insane planet is to MANUFACTURE danger from nothing, because there is so much money and power to be gained by using fear as a way to control and manipulate others just by suggestions.

Thankfully there are some that are immune to this foolishness but still have the heart to try and fight back against it, even on a little drone forum.
"Safety" or creating laws, rules and regulations under the GUISE of "safety" is big business - especially for the public sector - who just happens to set the safety standards. And there's your circular revenue stream - at the expense of you and I.

D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25