DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected

This will no longer work on new iphones as version 12 itunes no longer supports new iphones like the 7 plus. also the charles proxy version 3.6 is no longer available from that site it is now 3.7. \so another workaround is needed this is my last hate wit IOS that they dont allow downgrades of apps.

I download old iTune, deleted new iTune from my Mac, installed old iTune, did whatever need to download the old DJI Go. Then update iTune. This works, I am with 4.0.6 now.

Well it works now really good with no lagg or freezing. I suggest you guys do a nice reset on your iPads and only have the go 4 app.

Hi,

I've updated to the latest firmware (.800) and everything went well (I usually keep my firmware updated).
But today I've experienced a strange behaviour, this message: "Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" was shown more than once and for the first time. I don't know if it's related, I guess so, but my video stream (to the controller) was laggy and sometimes stayed stucked for a few long seconds.

Anyone experienced this?
Thanks.

ps: DJI GO 4 (4.1.2) on iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.2.
I've used a memory clean app but nothing changed...

i know what you mean. testing. i post it later.

i have a mini 4 wifi only and i had this issue today. no apps running in the background. i suspect it's the heat. it was 90+ outside and hard sun on a black ipad. also had the screen brightness all the way up.

it's just like leaving my iPhone in the car on a hot day. it either wont start because of the heat, or if its still running, it will have all kinds of issues and lag. when i put it in front of the cold AC for a minute, it snaps back to normal.

its kind of scary when the image just freezes and doesn't come back, but good old RTH saves the day.

EDIT: also it looks like the ipad mini4 has 2GB of RAM so i guess any settings where you are persisting information to disk quickly would help the app

Last edited:
Yesterday I had again the same issues (iPhone 6s) running on latest iOS app version with .800 firmware.
I thought it was the latest iOS app version which solved the issue.

I had this warning today. It was my first flight since the latest update. I hope dji can fix this fast, its not fun flying with a choppy video feed. I'm using an iPad mini 4 with cellular and it the first time this has happened.

I had this warning today. It was my first flight since the latest update. I hope dji can fix this fast, its not fun flying with a choppy video feed. I'm using an iPad mini 4 with cellular and it the first time this has happened.
What firmware and app version?

No problems for me so far after the latest update. Going to Greece tomorrow and attend to test further there. I'll try to keep you updated

Further to my earlier post #98...

Rolled back from latest DJI GO update 4.1.3 where i most certainly AM getting video lag problems and sometimes 'CPU error' problems on an iphone 6, to DJI Go 4.0.7. This update was from April this year where I definitely was NOT having any issues. I didn't touch the .0900 firmware.

Went for a fly, and the video lag problem seemed to be improved. However, it would not let me fly over 30m. I logged out and logged back in to the DJI website, with no avail.

Clearly the flying restrictions introduced on the .0800 firmware don't talk properly to anything prior to DJI Go 4.1.0. So I thought - fine, I'll roll back the firmware too.

4.0.7 DJi Go matches with .0600 firmware, so I thought I'd just roll back to .0600 using DJI Assistant.

So I go online just now and see that DJI has removed all previous firmware except for .0800 and .0900.

So I'm totally screwed.
1. DJI Go 4.0.7 should resolve the video transmission lag issue, but I now can't access the firmware that went with it. Current firmware prevents me flying over 30m no matter what.

2. DJI Go 4.1.3 allows me to fly with 0.0900, but still has the lag issue.

Guess I'll just go back to 4.1.3, put up with lag, and hate the world.

BTW, if you are testing whether or not you have the lag issue, please test using active track, as I have found it most problematic there.

iPhone 6S IOS11, Go 4.1.3 and .900. I was getting device CPU fully loaded errors, disconnects and app shutdowns. Luckily I was using my Katana with the MP in wifi mode so no drama. Reverted to IOS4.3.3 and all is well again.

Just keep complaining to DJI maybe they will fix it one day. Might pick me up an android, but those have separate issues. [emoji854][emoji43][emoji24]

I don't believe it is a heat issue. I just flew my Mavic today with the iPad mini 2 from inside the air-conditioned car and kept getting the CPU fully loaded message along with choppy video

I updated to the latest DJI app for the Mavic last week and this CPU error message and video lag is driving me crazy! I 'm using an iPad mini and can't seem to fix it. Also, while videoing in 4K it won't stay focused. Very frustrating.

I don't believe it is a heat issue. I just flew my Mavic today with the iPad mini 2 from inside the air-conditioned car and kept getting the CPU fully loaded message along with choppy video

I believe it is the fact that something they did is causing the IOS devices to use 100% cpu, which is fine at first but as the tiny devices can't keep up with the demand and start to overheat hence cpu errors. Before the update I could fly and the iPad wasn't hot, now when start getting those errors the back of my iPad is extremely hot from the cpu usage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne