DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected

I did a few flights today and did not have the "Device CPU fully loaded..." warnings . So far the IOS djigo4 app version 4.1.4 seem to be better.
The temperature was 89 F and my ipad mini 4 128 GB cellular had no problems. Video transmission was clear and had no glitches. It did get warm but not hot.
I will fly more tomorrow and will post again with an update.

Check in the DJI app in the Editor next to the Equipment and Manage your files. Was able to free up 30g there, leave some good ones and try out the Create movie.

I had the same problem with this update.

I turned off my cell on my iPad 4 with cell and the problem was gone.

Just happened to me. iPhone 6 on DJI Go 4.1.5. Phone was toasting hot! Very laggy.

I did fly my Mavic last 4 days on daily basis till flat out 4 batteries I had issues on CPU fully loaded worning but after changing the stock cable to other cable USB to IPhone connector from that time been smooth & never had issues ever...
I fly using IPhone 6 Plus and herewith cable details you can buy it from any mobile store;

iPhone Charger Toways Lightning USB Cable 90 Degree: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Reactions: SteveM
I got my first overloaded cpu yesterday, I( dedicated ipad air 2 ) windy,78 deg F.
Just practicing in the yard. I still have 9 days to return so hopefully they come up with a fix otherwise its getting returned until figured out.

This is issue must be related to device's temperature.

I'm not sure if the device increased temperature is caused by the environmental high temperature/sun rays or DJI GO4 is causing CPU to work overtime thus increasing temperature.

Reactions: royalhghnss
This is issue must be related to device's temperature.

I'm not sure if the device increased temperature is caused by the environmental high temperature/sun rays or DJI GO4 is causing CPU to work overtime thus increasing temperature.
Am flying in hot environment from 33 to 38 degrees and I use to have almost every flight error message overloaded warning, which I’ll need to get back restart my mobile (IPhone 6 plus) & Mavic & wait to cool down , but strange after changing the cable never had issue ever or is it something to do with remote connection using Micro USB vs regular USB at the bottom of remote?
If anyone else having issue could try using cable option & get feedback...

I got my first overloaded cpu yesterday, I( dedicated ipad air 2 ) windy,78 deg F.
Just practicing in the yard. I still have 9 days to return so hopefully they come up with a fix otherwise its getting returned until figured out.

Lol, it's not going to be fixed in 9 days. DJI claims its users devices not their software. Not going to be fixed by them, period.

Lol, it's not going to be fixed in 9 days. DJI claims its users devices not their software. Not going to be fixed by them, period.
That’s not true, there are several posts on dji’s forums where they admit that this is a problem. In 4.1.3 they changed how dji go uses the iPhone cpu to optimize for chip in the iPhone 7 and it’s not working well for earlier hardware. 4.1.4 and then 4.1.5 was supposed to address this, not sure it did. 4.1.3 is also the version they removed the setting to disable hardware decoding, so it’s always on and over using the cpu. I tested and flew yesterday with 4.1.3 and got the error pretty fast on my iPhone 6, but my air 2 doesn’t exhibit it. I rolled back to 4.10 dji go and never once got the message.

Hers what I shared on dji’s forums as a summary of statements

this is a bug in DJI Go 4.

Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.

DJI Mindy states,
"Hi All, the response in 47# is from our R&D engineer. It's a new feature to detect the CPU usage of mobile device.The criteria for "fully loaded" for current version DJI GO 4.1.2 is quite easy to reach and it will be revised at next release. Appreciate your patience and understanding."
and
"The post on 153# is from our R&D engineer, we have been aware of this issue and is working on it, your patience would be highly appreciated."
and
"Sorry for the trouble caused, our engineers are working on it, and the new version APP will be released very soon, appreciate your patience."
and
"I cannot provide the date because we have no idea either. It's just a reminder, please put the RC and mobile device in shade place during flight."

I dont think it was the cable BUT,,,,
That cable was changed out within the first few minutes of the first flight.The stock cable that comes with the MP is a HUUUGE blunder on DJI's part.(IMO)Sourced it out to the cheapest vendor ???Dont know.
I do see that the MP eats through the Ipad air 2 battery twice as fast as the P3P does.
With that said ,today I got 50-60000 ft with CPU issues. I turned off save voice to apad(or whatever it was)

Weather it is or isn't I still have 9 days to return,period.:confused: and I did see a thread where they were working on it.

Just saw digdat0 post ,that's the one i'm referring to

That’s not true, there are several posts on dji’s forums where they admit that this is a problem. In 4.1.3 they changed how dji go uses the iPhone cpu to optimize for chip in the iPhone 7 and it’s not working well for earlier hardware. 4.1.4 and then 4.1.5 was supposed to address this, not sure it did. 4.1.3 is also the version they removed the setting to disable hardware decoding, so it’s always on and over using the cpu. I tested and flew yesterday with 4.1.3 and got the error pretty fast on my iPhone 6, but my air 2 doesn’t exhibit it. I rolled back to 4.10 dji go and never once got the message.

Hers what I shared on dji’s forums as a summary of statements

this is a bug in DJI Go 4.

Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.

DJI Mindy states,
"Hi All, the response in 47# is from our R&D engineer. It's a new feature to detect the CPU usage of mobile device.The criteria for "fully loaded" for current version DJI GO 4.1.2 is quite easy to reach and it will be revised at next release. Appreciate your patience and understanding."
and
"The post on 153# is from our R&D engineer, we have been aware of this issue and is working on it, your patience would be highly appreciated."
and
"Sorry for the trouble caused, our engineers are working on it, and the new version APP will be released very soon, appreciate your patience."
and
"I cannot provide the date because we have no idea either. It's just a reminder, please put the RC and mobile device in shade place during flight."

Did you even read the iOS dev message?

Your device overheating is not a bug in their software.

“This is a new feature to detect the cpu usage of mobile device.

The criteria for "fully loaded" for current version DJI GO4.1.2 is quite easy to reach and it is revised at next release.

It is just a warning tips for u to hv an idea of the cpu usage of ur ipad/iphone. Liveview frame decoding /communication to drone will be influenced when mobile device's cpu is overloaded.

This usuaully happens when ipad/iphone gets very hot...”

The criteria for "fully loaded" for current version DJI GO4.1.2 is quite easy to reach and it is revised at next release.

It is just a warning tips for u to hv an idea of the cpu usage of ur ipad/iphone. Liveview frame decoding /communication to drone will be influenced when mobile device's cpu is overloaded.

their software is causing it to overheat. the 4.10 release doesnt do that, its 4.1.3 and after when they implemented this 'feature'

Yes they added a notification, the overheating issue has nothing to do with the addition of a notification. It is a software bug introduced after 4.1.0, before that I NEVER had issues in the sun that caused the iPad to become extremely hot to the point where it causes degraded video on the device. I fixed by downloading 4.1.0 from the iTunes Store and the issue is gone, no more chop video for me.

Can anyone who thinks they are not getting this bug please try activetrack? I am getting super laggy video feed and numerous cpu warnings using activetrack, every time. Try it again now, even if it was working in the past.

Its a bug, and its not temperature related. Im in australia flying in freezing cold in winter and it happens on startup. I'm using iphone 6 in airplane mode, with all other apps shutdown, video cache disabled. Im now on 4.1.5 dji go. I am still getting choppy video feed or cpu warnings or both. Its been going for months. I wish i could go back to march and never apply any updates from dji...

Last edited:
Reactions: digdat0
I have finally made up my mind regarding this. It's caused by either having too many apps open on my iPhone so when I close them it gets fixed, or due to high ambient temperature that heats up my iPhone (today it was around 38C) so a few minutes into the flight it starts happening. I guess iPhone CPU automatically slows down its processing speed to reduce generated heat, since it would have otherwise been impossible for it to go away and would eventually damage the device.

So 1) close all other apps and keep only DJI Go open and 2) if it's too warm outside you should know that you most likely will get choppy video and CPU overload error once your phone warms up and can't dissipate its own CPU-generated heat.

So like all of you I was getting this error on my iPad mini2. Super choppy feed. I came up with an easy (temporary fix) though. Worked great.

I noticed the iPad was crazy hot, so I figured I'd cool it down.

1. Get a ziplock bag
2. Fill it with ice
3. Rest the iPad on the bag of ice.

It worked flawlessly once I did that.

So like all of you I was getting this error on my iPad mini2. Super choppy feed. I came up with an easy (temporary fix) though. Worked great.

I noticed the iPad was crazy hot, so I figured I'd cool it down.

1. Get a ziplock bag
2. Fill it with ice
3. Rest the iPad on the bag of ice.

It worked flawlessly once I did that.

4. make sure the condensation drips all over the mavic controller to cool it off as well. Or they could fix their buggy app. [emoji106]

Reactions: royalhghnss
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edy44