DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI CareRefresh Mavic 2 Pro list of requirements for verification video

Sean M2Pro

Reactions
I missed purchasing my CareRefresh policy within the 48hr window after purchase and had to go through the somewhat tedious and frustrating (as it was difficult to work out/find out what requirements pertained in particular to the M2P).

After a number of emails exchanged and some guesswork on my part piecing together the bits from those and what is on the DJI website (which pertains in the main to the Phantom and Inspire series) I came up with this list and managed to get the verification first time (something I definitely did not wish to repeat!) and repeat it here in case it assists other M2P purchasers who slip up purchasing the policy in time, as I did:
  • Do one, UNEDITED (DJI emphasis) video (my wife did it on her iPhone), which is in focus – no starting then stopping and re-starting a new one;
  • I suggest use a landing pad and practice RTH back to the pad (see below);
  • Shoot in outdoors and bright sunshine (which makes it a challenge filming your device/iPhone screen!) (DJI emphasis);
  • Shot of drone, remote controller and GO 4 app in same shot;
  • Move gimbal around by hand showing free movement in all directions;
  • Shots: drone, gimbal and remote controller serial numbers on items;
  • Shots: drone, gimbal and remote controller serial numbers on M2P box (I made a list of the serial numbers for each item in larger text and filmed that list on the box as it became clear it would be tricky to film the tiny serial numbers in quick succession and with them in focus);
  • Power on the aircraft;
  • Connect to aircraft with remote control;
  • Launch DJI GO 4;
  • Click heading just to right of dji logo top left - show IMU as ‘normal’;
  • Calibrate the compass;
  • Format the micro disc;
  • Show gimbal moving down, up and sideways (using thumb-wheel and finger sliding on DJI app screen);
  • Tap “GO FLY”;
  • Start props using double joystick move;
  • Fly - rise to 1.2m – go forward, backward, sideways right and left, turn right and left;
  • Film for a few seconds and play it back;
  • Carry out a distance and altitude test - rise to 20m – fly forward 50m (much less than shown on DJI requirements list or video on their site) - show the height and distance in your DJI app on your device screen (DJI emphasis)
  • Press RTH and show soft landing;
  • Go back to the camera view to confirm that the GPS signal, remote controller signal, and the video transmission signal are normal;
  • Stop recording;
  • Upload to YouTube and provide the link to DJI (in my case added to an email thread I had with DJI on the topic – they say to send link to their website, but I couldn’t find where);

The points that DJI emphasised (their wording) after I had passed the verification and asked them if there was anything I should do better or differently as I wanted to compile a list for other M2P owners who may have to go through this process:

1. Show aircraft, remote controller and DJI Go app in the same shot.
  2. Film your video in a bright and open outdoor area.\
  3. Ensure video is clear and in focus. DO NOT edit your video.
  4. Carry out a distance and altitude test, making sure to show the DJI GO app clearly in your shot. In an open space, distance and altitude should reach at least around 50 m and 20 m respectively.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manu Gopinath