DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Repair Scam - I have had "enough" I am suing !

Skyler King III

Reactions
Over the last year or so I have had a few minor "accidents" with my DJI drones (I have P4, P4P, Inspire 1 V2.0, Mavic, Spark). Each time, even though it might be a warranty issue or a very minor repair, they send me an invoice for some $500 to $600 with listed replacements of body, landing gear etc etc that in no way needed repair. I DO have DJI care on everything. Then they tell me that if I want to use DJI Care it's (whatever deductible is). I usually pay this ransom. Recently I had a gimbal bracket fail on Mavic Pro. Gimbal is fine, ribbon is fine, camera is fine. Again they send a $600 repair invoice replacing almost everything. I call and email for weeks. Finally get to "Jake" in China. he says "no worries", it would be warranty and I'll send you an email and take care of it. No email. I call and email 6 more times, get chased in circles, each time with DJI saying they'll contact "Jake". Over a month they have my Mavic !

The plan that DJI has is most people would simply pay (whatever) just to get their Mavic back.

This is systemic and intentional by DJI.

On Wednesday I will bring a fraud RICO lawsuit in United States District Court which will likely turn into a class action.

Those that have similar issues can feel free to contact me. I am not looking to other "victims" to help with legal fees. I have that handled.

Last edited:
Over the last year or so I have had a few minor "accidents" with my DJI drones (I have P4, P4P, Inspire 1 V2.0, Mavic, Spark). Each time, even though it might be a warranty issue or a very minor repair, they send me an invoice for some $500 to $600 with listed replacements of body, landing gear etc etc that in no way needed repair. I DO have DJI care on everything. Then they tell me that if I want to use DJI Care it's (whatever deductible is). I usually pay this ransom. Recently I had a gimbal brach fail on Mavic Pro. Gimbal is fine, ribbon is fine, camera is fine. Again they send a $600 repair invoice replacing almost everything. I call and email for weeks. Finally get to "Jake" in China. he says "no worries", it would be warranty and I'll send you an email and take care of it. No email. I call and email 6 more times, get chased in circles, each time with DJI saying they'll contact "Jake". Over a month they have my Mavic !

The plan that DJI has is most people would simply pay (whatever) just to get their Mavic back.

This is systemic and intention by DJI.

On Wednesday I will bring a fraud lawsuit in United States District Court which will likely turn into a class action.

Those that have similar issues can feel free to contact me. I am not looking to other "victims" to hep with legal fees. I have that handled.

what is your name I love reading court docs I'll look you up on pacer.gov

That is not right.....more that enough people are complaining about DJI customer service, I think it's about time to do something about this.

Make it Wed.....Tues is Holiday! kidding.
This is more than bad customer service. This is a plan to get people to ramose-out their drone with invoices for unneeded and clearly bogus "repairs". It's called in RICO, a "Pattern and Practice".

Reactions: Codten
When I file, I'll give you case number. United States District Court District of Connecticut. RICO

If this was any other chinese company no one would care, Lots of Chinese quadcopters advertise to do certain things and some times they don't do them or don't do them well. But I guess since DJI is well known, they are different.

I will be watching the progress of this w/ much anticipation.

This is not about bad customer service. This is a systematic pattern and practice of fraud. Bad customer service is not a crime, fraud can be a crime, criminal and civil.

It will continue unless they are "called" on it. I have extensive (unfortunately) experience with Chinese tech businesses. This is just their mindset.

Reactions: WAXMAN
cool. are you doing this pro se like that other faa guy?
It's it's call action it can not (as far as I know) be pro se. Unless I hear from several other potential plaintiffs, before I file, it'll likely be pro se. I have an experienced admitted attorney that will take it from there on contingency, if it goes class action.

Over the last year or so I have had a few minor "accidents" with my DJI drones (I have P4, P4P, Inspire 1 V2.0, Mavic, Spark). Each time, even though it might be a warranty issue or a very minor repair, they send me an invoice for some $500 to $600 with listed replacements of body, landing gear etc etc that in no way needed repair. I DO have DJI care on everything. Then they tell me that if I want to use DJI Care it's (whatever deductible is). I usually pay this ransom. Recently I had a gimbal brach fail on Mavic Pro. Gimbal is fine, ribbon is fine, camera is fine. Again they send a $600 repair invoice replacing almost everything. I call and email for weeks. Finally get to "Jake" in China. he says "no worries", it would be warranty and I'll send you an email and take care of it. No email. I call and email 6 more times, get chased in circles, each time with DJI saying they'll contact "Jake". Over a month they have my Mavic !

This is systemic and intention by DJI.

On Wednesday I will bring a fraud lawsuit in United States District Court which will likely turn into a class action.

Those that have similar issues can feel free to contact me. I am not looking to other "victims" to hep with legal fees. I have that handled.

Read the DJI terms of use carefully - sUAS News - The Business of Drones

Good luck - Will be a nice test case for their terms and conditions, since as per these that you have accepted by using your devices you have waived all your rights to sue them.

I believe this is BS that should not be possible and should be invalidated, but IANAL and I wouldn't really be surprised by anything from the US legal system...

I would challenge the legality/enforceability of that language. They would have to have an Attorney enter an appearance to make that affirmative defense. It says that it precludes TRIAL by JURY but it does not say it precludes trial before the Court (Judge).

Good luck - Will be a nice test case for their terms and conditions, since as per these that you have accepted by using your devices you have waived all your rights to sue them.
The practical solution for DJI is to enter into a settlement agreement where they agree to not pursue the claimed pattern and practice, however the US Attorney make take a criminal RICO interest in this. It's high enough profile and "drones" are a hot legal topic.

Reactions: flight_tee
The practical solution for DJI is to enter into a settlement agreement where they agree to not pursue the claimed pattern and practice, however the US Attorney make take a criminal RICO interest in this. It's high enough profile and "drones" are a hot legal topic.

correct, enemy of enemy is your friend in this case.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS