DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Favored Mavic Accesories I've personally own, bought and use.

ScottJD

Reactions
I thought I would include some of my favorite accessories I've bought for the mavic in a list. I do reviews on gadgets but not much on accessories for things. But I still wanted to,share what I've personally bought and used with others that have wondered about these items.

Most of these can be found in many places, but I went for the ones at the cheapest price point to save a few dollars.
I've never shopped on wish or geek before until a couple months ago when my better half showed me these sites. What I've found is the same items being sold for s lot less.
Everything came OK, except for some cloned mavic props. But now that the props seem to be back in stock in most big DJI resellers I would stick with the authentic ones. They are a lot more stuf and the ones from these sites seem very flimsy.
All stay prices include the cost of the item and shipping.

Accessories add up fast and become an added expense, this is why I choose to wait three or four weeks to get my stuff and save a lot then buy fro others who sell the same thing at a large markup.

So my first a favorite thing is the landing pad. It does great at keeping the dust and dirt from getting sucked into the mavic scrolling fan and helps launching from grass. And has two colors, just flip it over. Comes with steaks to keep it down, a carry case, and reflectors for low light landings to help the mavic see it when landing at sunset.
Landing Pad Helipad Waterproof Foldable Portable for DJI Phantom 4 3 Mavic Pro MOM
I paid $18 with shipping.

Sun shield for my iPad mini, and it folds down for easy storage. I've seen others recently that might be easier to out on, but they were not available when I bought mine.
$9 from amazon
Amazon.com: 7.9" Tablet FPV Monitor Sunshade Sun Hood for DJI Phantom 2 3 Inspire 1 Transmitter Remote Controller Quick Release iPad Holder Clip Mount (White) (physical mount not included): Toys & Games

Mavic gimbal sun cover and protector.
I laid $2 with shipping
Sun Shade Lens Hood Glare Gimbal Camera Protector Cover For DJI Mavic Pro Drone

Covers for the motor for storing over the winters and wanting to keep the mavic out on display.
I paid $2 with shipping.
Vovotradehot 4Pc Silica Gel Motor Protective Cover Accessories For DJI Mavic Pro Drone

Controller stick covers, great to keep the controller sticks straight when packing into a tight bag. Also this one has a lift in the middle so it won't scratch the controllers screen and is injection molded, not 3D printed despite what the description says.
I paid $2 with shipping.
Transport Clip Controller Stick Thumb For DJI Mavic Pro Trendy Gifts

If your flying with a tablet like an iPad and looking for a shorter cable with right angle plugs, then this one worked great and was easy to take sort with removing 4 Philip screws. Works great with my iPad mini 2. The first one I bought from Amazon for $6, and the second one is this one is exactly the same as the one from amazon.
From amazon:
Amazon.com: WOPOW Portable Metal Keychain USB Data Charge Sync Cable Support Bottle Opener for iPhone 5/6/7: Computers & Accessories

From Wish I paid $3 with shipping
Portable Metal Keychain USB Data Charge Sync Cable Support Bottle Opener For Huawei Samsung S6 iPhone 7 Plus

Landing Heightened Extender Landing Gear Riser Kit for launching in taller grass.
I paid $6 with shipping.
Landing Heightened Extender Landing Gear Riser Kit For DJI Mavic Pro Quadcopter CON

Shock absorption heightening Landing Gear Support. I found with the landing pad I didn't need the bigger landing gear that added sight, so I switched to these and they are easier to remove and put back on.
I paid $7 with shipping.
Mavic Pro Shock absorption heightening Landing Gear Support Safety Landing Bracket Guard Protector for DJI Mavic Pro Drone

I've also bought the PGY Tech tablet holder for the mavic off eBay's, but the seller is out of stock. Looks like you can buy it directly from PGY on Ali express.
Aliexpress.com : Buy PGYTECH DJI Mavic Pro Accessoriess 7 10 Pad Mobile Phone Holder aluminum Flat Bracket tablte stander Parts RC drones quadcopter from Reliable rc tank parts suppliers on PGY-TECH

I think some accessories are over rated, everyone says get landing gear, I got'em, haven't used it since I got'em. I use the PGYTECH landing pad more. My favorite accessory would probably be the small cases for my transmitter and mavic, because then I can just put'em in there and put them in my back pack and go.

I started this a few days ago, just never got around to posting it. I think I started it because some companies like freewell and other are pushing out free stuff for YouTubers for reviews and selling that landing gear for $15, wow. I've seen the same landing pad being sold for $35.
One video I watched listed the amazon cable for the right angle and it was $10, then the seller realized why they were selling so many and jacked it up to $20. So I had to hunt for another one.

So I wanted to start a list of things I've personally confirmed are the same exact things being sold for double, triple and more on other sites. RC in general has always been an expensive hobby, even with cars when I was younger. But if people can save and wait a few weeks I find this method worth it in the long run.

The landing pad is also one of my favorites, and the control stick holder, and the right angle short cable for the iPad min. I guess those are my top three.

Well I agree on some of them being over rated, I stopped using the landing gear but I do like the landing shock absorbers. It adds a little height, easy to take on and off and prevents scratches on the back plastic landing pads of the mavic. Also that extra height sometimes helps if you have no choise but to land in another place beside the pad you launched from that may have gravel or high grass.
This wasn't meant to be a review, more a way to find things cheaper.

Scott

Reactions: Kestrel
I may purchase filters once they come down to a reasonable price as they are way too dear at moment. Apart from that, I bought the Fly More (and a Sandisk 64GB) and have found the need to spend the square root of f-all on anything else.

I have two landing pads - cost zero. Old rubber car mat and my special homemade one made out of a bit of plywood and spare stuff I had just lying around.

I may purchase filters once they come down to a reasonable price as they are way too dear at moment. Apart from that, I bought the Fly More (and a Sandisk 64GB) and have found the need to spend the square root of f-all on anything else.

I have two landing pads - cost zero. Old rubber car mat and my special homemade one made out of a bit of plywood and spare stuff I had just lying around.
I was using one of my all weather car mats for a little bit, it had the benefit of being heavy and no steaks needed on windy days. Then again I did switch the plastic tent stakes for a few metal ones that are easier to stick in the ground real fast and remove.
Before I thought of the car mat, was just using a box I kept in the trunk.

I guess the foldable mat works for me despite having the fly more kit I decided to use an old DSLR camra bag with adjustable velcro parts to adjust the size of the compartments needed. After adding the iPad mini 2, lens cleaners, one of those rocket squeeze air things to blow dust of lenses and a couple other items the mavic fly more bag wasn't enough.
But the foldable landing pad fits in the front pocket of the DSRL camera bag with the iPad mini and fold down sun shield so it made it perfect for traveling as a carry on bag with everything when flying. The car mat wouldn't fit in the bag, and the box wore out after folding it so many times.
So it's more of a portable solution if you travel with the mavic and want everything in one bag.
Scott

#1 assecory - Blue charger (simutaneously fast charge 3 batteries, controller, and phone/tablet)

#2 ND Filters - to obtain the best picture quality

These are really the only "must have" accessories. I guess those and the case of your choice.

#1 assecory - Blue charger (simutaneously fast charge 3 batteries, controller, and phone/tablet)

#2 ND Filters - to obtain the best picture quality

These are really the only "must have" accessories. I guess those and the case of your choice.
Yep I have that charger and it works awesome, cuts my charge time down a bunch.

I only put down what I age personally tired and how to save money on buying them if people are interested in any of them.
$3 for that landing gear I don't care for isn't a big waist of money, $15 for that landing gear and I would have felt ripped of for what it is. So I figure if other want to try the cnantry it for $3 now.

I left those out because I haven't bought any filters yet, some seem over priced and I heard are junk. Waiting on the reviews and opinions before I spend money one filters.

If you have tried any that you know are not over prices and a good quality glass lens that isn't to heavy for the gimbal motors, maybe even can stay on with the cover for storing and also can stay on for the gimbal start up calibration then this is the thread to recommend them and leave a link.

I'm ok with the chargers that came with the fly more kit personally. But I have the car charger that charges twice as fast as the standard charger, same speed of the phantom 4 pro charger. I also have the ability to run the car charger in my house to charge one battery while the other two charge with the standard charger.

I have a portable battery that does 4A per USB port for on the go charging and charged the controller and the at the max speed they can take. So personally I'm not worried about that. Despite having the leather case with the fly more kit, I still prefer my old DSLR bag with Velcro adjustable slots so I was able to make a compartment for everything to for snug, plus the tablet, and the sunshade for the tablet, lens cleaners and other things.

Thanks for the suggestions, as I mentioned, if your have tested and owned a good set of filters or anything you mentioned and have a goodnight price for it then add to the list in the thread.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+