DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good thing MP prices are falling like a rock - What cha think?

I think the MP does 90-95% of everything that the M2 does, so, these price cuts ARE great for people wanting to get into the hobby!

Reactions: Former Member
It's still a great platform to fly, but now, others that DON'T want to spend $1400+ $1700+ can pick up a AC for under $800. Great deals here and Amazon for those that want to get into the sport with weeee little money!

I wouldnt say falling like a rock, but declining slightly. Used units are still holding their value very well, and new units might have some discounts, but they are not dumping them.

To my amazement, Phantom 3 Standards are still selling new for up to $498 and you cant find a used one for less than $350. That will help the Mavic sustain its resale value as well as a used Subaru Outback.

It's still a great platform to fly, but now, others that DON'T want to spend $1400+ $1700+ can pick up a AC for under $800. Great deals here and Amazon for those that want to get into the sport with weeee little money!

Hello,
They were under 800 on amazon several months ago. I bought a new one last month for 700. They have actually ticked back up pre-DJI launch hype.

Last edited:
I'm usually first in line when DJI comes out with a new drone (other than the Inspire and above). But I'm not so sure I'm going to buy either MP2 right now. While the new MP2s are definitely an upgrade, I don't know that I need or would actually use what the new MP2s have to offer.

I've found that with all my DJI drones, I hardly if ever use any of the intelligent flight modes, I'm no photographer so all that tech-talk regarding aperture, white-balance, and filters are all PFM to me. I don't fly beyond LOS, I'm very cautious of my surroundings so more CA isn't a real benefit for me, the MP's flight time is actually more than enough for what I do, I'm very "manual" when I fly. I fly to whatever it is I want to video/take a pic of and fly back. So I can't find a reason to "upgrade"

Regarding prices - Used prices in my area via CL looks to be the same as they were prior to the release of the MP2s. What they actually sell for could be another story....

I notices a lot of MP's selling out quickly on Amazon after the big launch. I'd guess a lot of people were waiting to get a new drone until the big event, then just bought the MP when they saw the price.

Reactions: hherbson
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB