DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DrakeFly

Reactions
I got a new Oculus Quest 2 as a gift last week and I would like to use them to fly my drone Mavic Air 2 as a FPV headset.

I think that maybe I could just mirror the mobile screen to the Oculus or something like that (I would make the Gimbal not respond to my head movements, but could be a middle step).

Do you know how to mirror the mobile screen to the Oculus (middle solution) or how to conect the oculus to the drone?

Thank you a lot in advance!!

I think that maybe I could just mirror the mobile screen to the Oculus or something like that
Yeah that's pretty much the only way. You need to be using an android device with the RC, install a miracast receiver app on the Quest after flipping it into dev mode and turn on screen share on the phone/connect to quest. There's a lot of latency, low framerate and broken up pictures so it's not really usable.

Running the app on the Quest is possible but at least on the quest 1 it's not possible to connect the remote via usb so no help, don't know if someone tried with a quest 2 yet.

Hi Guys, just found a YouTube video, explaining this in 2 min - I checked it through, needed a few min. to understand the logic, and it is now working fine with a MA2 - Quest 2 - Samsung A51
Feel comfortable to ask if you are struggling

anyone tried to connect from Oculus 2 direct to the remote ? The app installs fine and looks nice inside the headset.
but I need to get cable first. The charging cable I used from DJI does not detect the remote at all :( Maybe to good to be trough. This would be a solid and stable connection. All those mirror streaming connections are not reliable ! I saw a guy that streams trough youtube !

anyone tried to connect from Oculus 2 direct to the remote ?
Yeah, unless it's recently changed with a Quest update it doesn't work, the quest's OS probably doesn't have the required drivers for USB networking etc that the remote needs.

Yeah, unless it's recently changed with a Quest update it doesn't work, the quest's OS probably doesn't have the required drivers for USB networking etc that the remote needs.
This would be insanely good. Hopefully somebody comes up with something

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan