DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alec Smirts

Reactions

Before you watch I just want to reiterate that I knew the possibilities and take full responsibility for what had happened. Nobody was hurt, injured or effected by this except for me. I made this video to remind people of the possible dangers that could come from flying a drone no matter how experienced you are. I just want to say that we will be back soon! so please subscribe and hopefully within the next few weeks we'll have the Mavic version 2!

Thanks and happy flying!!!!

I am truly sorry for your loss. :(

The consequences were not the result of experience or lack there of. It came about through negligence--flying in the rain. Page 52 of the manual clearly says not to fly in the rain.

It can be repaired. Crashed mine in a tree at the lake. Took a couple of weeks to round up all the parts. But it is good as new now. Why did you lose connection?

*million dollar man theme song* we have the technology, we can rebuild it, make it stronger, faster,...we just don't want to spend a lot of money"

It can be repaired. Crashed mine in a tree at the lake. Took a couple of weeks to round up all the parts. But it is good as new now. Why did you lose connection?

Not sure why yet, I've sent a bunch of the info to DJI and they're supposed to get back to me. How much roughly did it cost you? I'm going to need an entirely new camera because after looking at it i noticed I had cracked the connection of the camera to the gimbal.

Reactions: jimmyboards
sorry for your loss. hopefully replace soon, I have flown in light drizzle that got worse so I brought it in. not something to make habbit of but hardly the worst offence in the world. don't beat yourself up.

I had to replace all the props,right rear leg and I found a new camera gimbal complete ready to install. Did all the work myself. About $300 in parts. But I have a complete camera gimbal ready to go in if it gives problems.

Bummer Alec. I've enjoyed a number of your videos -- especially those of abandoned places....and yes, you are a good pilot. I've also seen people fly in harder rain. I might've flown in those same conditions....just bad luck.

For those that think this is too risky, I disagree...I prefer to take the risk to get the shot. One good shot can be worth the price of your whole drone -- or camera. My stills camera is environmentally sealed, and has kept me out shooting in some bad conditions -- but the drama of the conditions makes it worthwhile. We can hope for greater water resistance on our drones...perhaps someday ;)

Sorry to hear about this, but yea, it does say don't fly in the rain.
I just parked my one 40' up a tree last week, but thankfully, all is good.
I guess as always, we just have to learn from our mistakes.

Before you watch I just want to reiterate that I knew the possibilities and take full responsibility for what had happened. Nobody was hurt, injured or effected by this except for me. I made this video to remind people of the possible dangers that could come from flying a drone no matter how experienced you are. I just want to say that we will be back soon! so please subscribe and hopefully within the next few weeks we'll have the Mavic version 2!

Thanks and happy flying!!!!
sorry for ur loss :( , need to follow ur instincts, hope to see u back in the air soon.

Ouch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicko222