DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ignore doesn't exactly work on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amckim2084

Reactions
There needs to be a change in how ignore works. If I want to ignore someone, I don't want to be able to see them at all. I want them blocked from my life. Yet, they can still comment on your threads with a little note at the bottom that says "see ignored content" which defeats the whole purpose. It should be like youtube, if you block someone, they can still see your content but can't engage in the conversation because the OP blocked them. That's just my little rant about it.

There needs to be a change in how ignore works. If I want to ignore someone, I don't want to be able to see them at all. I want them blocked from my life. Yet, they can still comment on your threads with a little note at the bottom that says "see ignored content" which defeats the whole purpose. It should be like youtube, if you block someone, they can still see your content but can't engage in the conversation because the OP blocked them. That's just my little rant about it.
That’s just the way it works. Where it says ..see ignored content..don’t look. You cannot block someone from posting in your thread.

Welcome to the digital world!
lol it works flawlessly in YT and FB. Don't wanna see someone anymore, boom!!! Blocked and done. Just thought maybe it would make it easier for the mods if it was done that way. Giving people the option to quickly resolve things on their own with the click of a button lol.

lol it works flawlessly in YT and FB. Don't wanna see someone anymore, boom!!! Blocked and done. Just thought maybe it would make it easier for the mods if it was done that way. Giving people the option to quickly resolve things on their own with the click of a button lol.
Of course both your examples are for your channel and not one meant for viewing by all. Thanks for your concern... we’re doing fine.

@Amckim2084 I understsnd where you are coming from and whom you were referring. Have had to clean that thread once already.
This isn’t YT or FB so it just don’t work that way.
You posted a thread that you should have know would have caused
negitive post. Had you posted it in the Long distance thread it’s not
to bad. Members are going to disagree but some take it to far,
cross a guideline or step over me when I say enough.
Members that start on you just ignore the post if you see it. The more
you engage the longer they will stay on you. And that’s with all members. And if it continues that’s what the report button is for.
Folks don’t engage and let a thread continue to be argumentative
cause it just takes to long for staff to clean it up.

This is a public forum, not your "private" FB or YT.

I hear what you're saying, but that defeats the purpose of it's existence as a place for people to express their opinion and share their knowledge.
We passed ?
Yes express opinions when it’s within the guidelines but when a Staff
member cleans a thread do not cross that line after he post the guideline that caused him to post.
It never turns out well when that happens.

I agree about forums being a community and differ from personal pages or similar plus I find the ignore function here is extremely well implemented since it removed the hidden replies from inline in the thread, hides quoted posts by an ignored person, hides their threads in the main view and I like the option to ignore a thread as well. Some forums mark the hidden posts within the thread showing a button for each one to unhide it which I find harder to avoid doing whereas here with the 'ignored content' button down the bottom most of the time I don't know an ignored poster has even taken part in the thread.

I wouldn't want ignored users to be blocked from my thread as there could well be a spin off conversation or something else useful to others and since the forum hides all that, I don't see it anyway as I've chosen.

Is this post not an opinion? Are the comments that follow not a discussion? I mean come on, this is what it’s about. Agree or disagree and discuss it but if you must attack a person based on their opinion, not just me, I read a lot of arguments on here, then those are the ones who would be nice to block. It was just my opinion and my idea. If you don’t like it and can’t discuss it, then don’t comment. That’s all. Forget my other thread. I don’t care about it or the person with their panties in a bunch over it. The point now is don’t attack people. And I posted this after reading an argument on another thread, not because of my distance thread.

Is this post not an opinion? Are the comments that follow not a discussion? I mean come on, this is what it’s about. Agree or disagree and discuss it but if you must attack a person based on their opinion, not just me, I read a lot of arguments on here, then those are the ones who would be nice to block. It was just my opinion and my idea. If you don’t like it and can’t discuss it, then don’t comment. That’s all. Forget my other thread. I don’t care about it or the person with their panties in a bunch over it. The point now is don’t attack people. And I posted this after reading an argument on another thread, not because of my distance thread.
Well with that before this turns into a mess your OP was answered and is no need for this to go any further.
CLOSED
And let me add this
reading an argument on another thread,
you are someone else should have hit the report button. Staff can't read every thread though i try the ones i see started and know right off where it is going to go.
Guys we all need to get along. This is our house and we want to keep it clean for company.
( as in visitors not members which you would be amazed read in here )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan