DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is what DJI does with the Mavic legal?

All it states is that you must log into your DJI GO account if you update DJI GO and/or the firmware. The vague part is the changes that were made that require the login.

Are we seeing two different screenshots? Can you please post a screenshot of your dji go app where it says that you only need to re activate if you performed an update because this one clearly says ALL customers HAVE to reactivate or you WILL be limited and doesn't mention anything about having an option.

dji go notice.jpeg

1. Those like me do not update and everything is fine and 2. Those that do update see there is not much difference in operation and everything is fine.
Right on. This will surely be the end result. Much ado about nothing.

Reactions: vimagreg
Are we seeing two different screenshots?
Nope. That's what everyone is seeing.

Where in that screenshot does it say you must install the DJI GO update?

Reactions: Egika
With all the mis information being spread around its no wonder everyone is in an uproar. I am going to find these threads comical after 1. Those like me do not update and everything is fine and 2. Those that do update see there is not much difference in operation and everything is fine.

Well, who's responsible for all this "misinformation"? I only know what I am being told. When I see the message DJI is forcing me to acknowledge in their app it's clearly telling me that I have to reactivate or I will be limited. When I bought a DJI product I was not aware that a Little Orphan Annie Decoder Ring was a necessary accessory to allow me to decipher the message hidden behind the message given so I know what the REAL information is versus the misinformation they gave me.

And even if after updating and reactivating and putting our right foot in and taking our right foot out after shaking it all about nothing happens. That's not the point. The point is what doors did these updates open that will allow DJI to force through whenever they want. Forcing customers to update their product under threat of essentially bricking their purchase AFTER they bought it outright is wrong. End of story.

I know there are users here that might not speak english as a first language so i will clarify : AVAILABLE -you may obtain it if you wish. REQUIRED -mandatory. All I saw is an update is going to be AVAILABLE

The above message is vague, so there is really no proof the product is going to be inferior after you update DJI GO and/or the firmware. At this point, it's just what's racing around in your head. You're jumping to conclusions and preparing for an end of the world scenario....
If it restricts me in anyway (and firmware .700 as opposed to say .500 does) and I cant get the freedom I had then it is inferior to the present product. No?

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
Well, who's responsible for all this "misinformation"? I only know what I am being told. When I see the message DJI is forcing me to acknowledge in their app it's clearly telling me that I have to reactivate or I will be limited. When I bought a DJI product I was not aware that a Little Orphan Annie Decoder Ring was a necessary accessory to allow me to decipher the message hidden behind the message given so I know what the REAL information is versus the misinformation they gave me.

And even if after updating and reactivating and putting our right foot in and taking our right foot out after shaking it all about nothing happens. That's not the point. The point is what doors did these updates open that will allow DJI to force through whenever they want. Forcing customers to update their product under threat of essentially bricking their purchase AFTER they bought it outright is wrong. End of story.

Read again:
In case you are worried of any change - just leave the update alone. Why is this so hard to understand???

The phone I use to fly has no cell service and I won't be using Wifi, so would this notice even turn up for me? -CF

Nope. That's what everyone is seeing.

Where in that screenshot does it say you must install the DJI GO update?

Here's what the screen shot says. All customers will need to log into their DJI GO accounts to complete the activation application process, or else aircraft performance will be limited.

It says ALL customers, does it not?. It does not say all customers that UPDATED FIRMWARE. It doesn't say all customers that INSTALLED THE UPDATE. It says ALL CUSTOMERS. Did something change in the english language and "all customers" suddenly doesn't mean "all customers" but instead only "some customers" who fall into certain categories?? It's not hard to communicate effectively. Write exactly what you mean an mean exactly what you say. You are making assumptions. Why would you make an assumption that they don't mean what they say?

Reactions: Dadcat and Robbyg

It clearly says re activation is needed on apps that have been updated. Therefore no update means no re activation. Why are you guys not getting this. NO ONE IS BEING FORCED TO UPDATE!! If you show me where it states you have no choice but to install this update I will let you stick a big fat I told you so in my face in front if the entire internet audience

Read again:
In case you are worried of any change - just leave the update alone. Why is this so hard to understand???

Read what again exactly? The part where it says ALL CUSTOMERS will have to login to complete the activation process or your aircraft will be limited? Please show me the hidden message behind that statement that I cannot see.

Reactions: Danno
Read again:

Very well said. The level of paranoia that is spreading within the different DJI- based products boards is unbelievable. I, for one, am not that upset: I will take a "wait and see" attitude until we see what's being done, what we are gaining versus what we are losing.

Reactions: MavicMoira
It says ALL customers, does it not?. It does not say all customers that UPDATED FIRMWARE. It doesn't say all customers that INSTALLED THE UPDATE.
If you don't already know it by now, then let me be the first to tell you. DJI does not excel at communication. Don't take everything you see for face value.

Read what again exactly? The part where it says ALL CUSTOMERS will have to login to complete the activation process or your aircraft will be limited? Please show me the hidden message behind that statement that I cannot see.

The hidden message is the sentence right in front of your quote: "will release new versions"
Followed by: "will have to activate"

It clearly says re activation is needed on apps that have been updated. Therefore no update means no re activation. Why are you guys not getting this. NO ONE IS BEING FORCED TO UPDATE!! If you show me where it states you have no choice but to install this update I will let you stick a big fat I told you so in my face in front if the entire internet audience

It says no such thing. LOL how are people arguing what is clearly in front of their face in plain black and white. It says next week new versions of the app will be released. It then says all customers need to do login or aircraft will be limited. It does not at all say all customers need to login IF you updated something.

Reactions: wayy510
Guys there are not going to restrict anything. Terms of service get updated all the time. No one knows what the result is going to be.

Agree to it, do the update and see what happens.

I believe they are going to make it where they can give more accurate information if and when something happens. It's not different than a black box.

I don't care what DJI does.

If you don't already know it by now, then let me be the first to tell you. DJI does not excel at communication. Don't take everything you see for face value.

LOL gtfo. So now the burden is on the customer to decipher what a company means instead off what they actually say and if they don't guess correctly, they're just stupid paranoid people? That's hilarious! I find it comical what people are willing to let companies get away with. Imagine if every company operated in the same way. Holy cow.

Did everyone not receive the email from DJI that contained more info on this update? In that email it stated the re activation procedure is needed if ( there is the operatve word) it has the firmware update. I dont think anyone is arguing that you will have to go through this if you update. The mis informatoin is about if you are forced to update and I have yet to find any evidence to support that claim

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000