DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 new firmware update

propel

Reactions
I notice today a new firmware update for Mavic 2 pro/zoom v01.00.0 7 70
Has to do more for battery issue when getting to low and can't be charged.
What I notice when updated is that the battery level went during the update from 99% to 50% for 5min.
Anybody else tries or notice something. I'm charging again now and going to fly to test.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
What I notice when updated is that the battery level went during the update from 99% to 50% for 5min.
Anybody else tries or notice something. I'm charging again now and going to fly to test.

what a bummer...! i just had to purchase a new M2P battery to replace one i had sent in to DJI,cuz it depleted soo low ,it wouldnt charge...this sucks cuz maybe this new update wouldve "woken up" that battery with less than 25 charge cycles....

I just updated my Mavic Zoom and the controller also required an update. I had no issues with battery dropping. It was 100% when I started the update. After everything was complete, I took outside for a test run. Started up and battery was at 89%.
After flying for a minuet or two I tried to switch to tripod mode and it wouldn't let me. Flew the drone back to the landing spot while I investigated and it wouldn't let me land it. I held the stick down until it auto landed on my pad. (It did a nice job, but I land it WAY smoother!).
Long story short.... All my settings were completely gone. (changed). Went threw everything and set er back up how I like it. So far.. All good.
Plan on running another battery this afternoon when it doesn't feel like middle of winter outside :)

I just updated my Mavic Zoom and the controller also required an update. I had no issues with battery dropping. It was 100% when I started the update. After everything was complete, I took outside for a test run. Started up and battery was at 89%.
After flying for a minuet or two I tried to switch to tripod mode and it wouldn't let me. Flew the drone back to the landing spot while I investigated and it wouldn't let me land it. I held the stick down until it auto landed on my pad. (It did a nice job, but I land it WAY smoother!).
Long story short.... All my settings were completely gone. (changed). Went threw everything and set er back up how I like it. So far.. All good.
Plan on running another battery this afternoon when it doesn't feel like middle of winter outside :)
Makes me want to go slow with this update........plus its too windy and cold here for flying.

my mavic zoom mainboard failed during the update, now it displays Firmware incompatibilty detected in dji assistant
won't update that, won't downgrade, won't update. the link button no longer works, the led near it starts red then goes off and stays off. Looks like the update bricked my mainboard

• Sad
Reactions: DBT_Drone
my mavic zoom mainboard failed during the update, now it displays Firmware incompatibilty detected in dji assistant
won't update that, won't downgrade, won't update. the link button no longer works, the led near it starts red then goes off and stays off. Looks like the update bricked my mainboard
This firmware up date looks like trouble! I hope this feedback is getting to DJI.

What !! seriously?? I can't see how it would do that?? So Sad! Hope you get it figured out!

Flew my drone again in the afternoon after the update and totally fine. No issues at all.
The only part that was bothersome, was resetting all my settings back to the way I had them.

Reactions: propel
Please more pilots post your experience with this "upgrade".
When I looked at it, it said it was 277 Megabytes and would take 30 minutes.
That seems like a lot just to enhance battery recharging, so is there more to it?
I can't find any notice or exclamation of this on DJI website. Does anyone have a link about it?
I'm also in a wait and see mode until we know it's safe.

Reactions: DBT_Drone
here

mavic 2 zoom and ipad pro 11" with ios 14.5.1

update done to aircraft + normal conttroler and 4 batterys, everything OK

Updated today 5/4/21. RC, DJI app, Drone all connected fine. After update the Go 4 app doesn’t not connect to drone. Unable to fly.

here

mavic 2 zoom and ipad pro 11" with ios 14.5.1

update done to aircraft + normal conttroler and 4 batterys, everything OK
i only use the bottom usb port, not the side micro usb and i only use ipad, not phone and i dont have any problem

i only use the bottom usb port, not the side micro usb and i only use ipad, not phone and i dont have any problem
Edit just to say
Tested with iphone 12 ProMax ios 14.5.1
Everything 100%

No need to sign in go4 app, only need if you uninstall it and install again

settings in the aircraft must be redefined again like in every updates in the past

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78