DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skydog

Reactions
Does anybody know of a resource that details all of the types of files and their location and purpose? I'm particularly interested in which files would be useful to the common flier vs the unix/linux type person.

For Example

1. SD Card on Mavic - DNG, JPG image files, and MOV/MP4 video files - accessible via card reader on computer or cable from computer to mavic

2. Mavic - Does the Mavic hold any other files onboard anywhere accessible to the user with out hacking?

3. Phone - via iTunes - Folders < academy, debugLogs, Export Works, FlightLogs, FlightRecords, Launch Screen Images, Logs, MCLOG, pathLogs, remoteRes, Tmp, videoCache, VideoEdit

Other files include: collectionList.db, datastore.sqlite, datastore.sqlite-wal, lear_more.json, logalLogDB.sqlite, statistics.db, tmp.dat. I assume these are database files that DGI GO 4 uses.

The only thing that I know how to use is the txt files on the FlightRecords that I can upload to Healthydrones.com

I know some of the .DAT files are used by DJI or some of the tools mentioned on DJI Mavic Accessories & Tips - Mavic Help under Software > Data Log

What's in the .DAT files that's not in the txt files?

4 Controller - Are there any user accessible files on that device?

5 Any other data sources?

Summary - I currently use the media files, dng/jpg, mov/mp4, txt for flight records. I know I could use the .DAT files. Are there other file types that might be of use? If anybody wants to add to this knowledge feel free.

Thanks - Clear Skies

Last edited:
I would like to know if the mavic holds flight logs like the logs on your mobile device ?

The Mavic stores more detailed DAT flight logs on its internal memory card.

The Mavic stores more detailed DAT flight logs on its internal memory card.

So on the one i messaged you about with the missing 30 seconds is this not visable on the mavic memory card ?

I did not have a chance to look at those logs yet. Yes, the entire flight will be in the log on the Mavic's memory card. You can use DatCon to view the data.

I did not have a chance to look at those logs yet. Yes, the entire flight will be in the log on the Mavic's memory card. You can use DatCon to view the data.

Ok thank you

Note, on the phone in addition to the .dat files there are .txt files with more detailed flight data (these are not .txt files which can be read with a text editor like NotePad).

Note, on the phone in addition to the .dat files there are .txt files with more detailed flight data (these are not .txt files which can be read with a text editor like NotePad).
The .dat file on the tablet is not the same as the .DAT on the Mavic itself. The .dat file on the tablet contains almost no useful information. The .DAT file on the Mavic contains the real stuff.

Help Guru assistance requested:rolleyes:

When I remove the micro SD card from my Mavic and insert it into my PC to retrieve my videos, this is what I see on my file tree

Removable Disk (G):
DCIM
100 MEDIA
my various mp4 video files
MISC
IDX
idx00 (date & time) File 288KB
idx01 (date & time) File 289KB
LOG This folder is empty
THM
DJI_0001.THM (date & time) THM File 38KB
DJI_0002.THM (date & time) THM File 38KB
GIS (date & time) File 4KB
XCODE This folder is empty

Other than my mp4 video files I see nothing here I can look at to check my "logs"?
This is exactly the same as when if I simply plug my USB cord directly into the Mavic.
If I plug the USB cord into the Mavic with the micro SD card already removed, I get nothing.

What am I missing? Where are my flight logs and data?
:(

What am I missing? Where are my flight logs and data?

The SD card you can remove from the drone is just for your photos and videos. Use DJI Assistant software on your desktop/laptop to retrieve DAT files from the drone. You need to connect the drone itself directly to your desktop/laptop by USB. The drone stores these on a second, hidden, glued-in SD card, so that they can inspect the data back at the factory for warranty claims.

There are also some logs (less detailed than the drone) in your DJI Go4 or Litchi folders on your phone. The only to access the drone photos is directly from drone (none on the micro-SD).

OK thanks. I loaded up the DJI Assistant 2 program on my PC and thought that it was the wrong program because it only showed a screen for the Inspire quad. On a hunch I went ahead and plugged the MP in to the PC ans nothing until I turned the MP on. DJI should have at least put a bit of instruction on the opening screen. Anyway, I found a bunch of Data Files which apparently I can't open but I think you said that DJI uses these to analyse any crashes or malfunctions, so OK. Some are pretty big files. Does the system overwrite the oldest as the permanent internal memory fills up or do I need to delete the oldest from time to time? How big is that permanent memory?
Thanks for the help.:)Thumbswayup

Have you tried Healthdrones.com. If you use Litchi it will automatically upload the flight record, or if you primarily use DJI Go, download the HD Sycn app to your phone/ipad/tablet and it will pull and sync the data from there. BTW.. this means DJI GO is storing the flight records on the phone/ipad as when you use HD Sync it does not need to be connected to the drone or SD card.. The one item they currently are missing that I wish they tracked and reported on are the alerts, such as OA alerts.

The flight records used by HealthyDrones are not the huge files on the Mavic but the smaller files on the phone in the app folders.

Msinger, I am about to embark on the next phase of Mavic knowledge - the dat and txt files etc. I am amazed at the data you and colleagues can get from these!!! Not to mention finding downed birds!!!! Question is; is there a tutorial or YouTube you can point me to to begin the learning process. The story above is just inspiring!!!

[QUOTE="Snow Bird 1, post: 133523, member: 1312"is there a tutorial or YouTube you can point me to to begin the learning process[/QUOTE]
I've never seen such a tutorial. It's on my to-do list.

Reactions: Skydog
[QUOTE="Snow Bird 1, post: 133523, member: 1312"is there a tutorial or YouTube you can point me to to begin the learning process
I've never seen such a tutorial. It's on my to-do list.[/QUOTE]

Great news! I'm sure a lot of us will be interested to see this when you get time to do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS