DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course in Australia, we pay a lot more due to the exchange rate but I'm hoping that we'll claw a little back because we're not engaged in a trade war with China.

Exactly! When purchased from DDS you can fly b4 you buy
We have the largest indoor drone facility on the east coast

I’ll be there at Christmas time, I’ll be sure to drop in and check you guys out. Sounds like an amazing facility

Its interesting to see the hype for this little Mavic, no doubt on release there will be the usual Youtubers giving it large.

As a first drone, it looks like it will undoutably be a great little drone to have, new users will be hooked and soon want to move onto it's bigger brothers in the Mavic range after enjoying months of fun.

Personally having had a Mavic Pro for two thoroughly enjoyable years, I bought a M2P on release day due to it being a large upgrade from the MP.

If an M3P comes out next year then I will probably buy it, assuming it has some useful upgrades compared to my M2P.

The less than 250g weight of the Mavic Mini will not exempt anyone from the UK drone regulations, but will save them £9 drone registration in the UK.

Just my thoughts, a happy DJI customer.

Of course in Australia, we pay a lot more due to the exchange rate but I'm hoping that we'll claw a little back because we're not engaged in a trade war with China.
we were paying around the $700 for spark flymore, so i guess if this comes in at around that price, I may grab a few for training. Not sure if id want to pay much more than that

Reactions: deleted member 877
And in the US if you install the prop guards (or ANY aftermarket accessory) it must be registered if you use it outdoors...

Since it appears to have a wifi controller it will be interesting to see if the Spark RC might be compatible...

not sure if the prop guards could be considered as aftermarket, as they are designed and built by DJI and included in the kit. Ive always considered aftermarket as a third party accessory.
I would also suggest that the main use for these would be for indoor flying and not really needed for out doors. I would use them when flying in our hall, but would certainly remove them when outside.

Reactions: Thomas B
not sure if the prop guards could be considered as aftermarket, as they are designed and built by DJI and included in the kit. Ive always considered aftermarket as a third party accessory.
That's correct, but you'd still have to register the drone if you attached anything to it weighing more than 1 gram. The FAA classification is based on takeoff weight (including any attached accessories).

Reactions: Thomas B
I would also suggest that the main use for these would be for indoor flying and not really needed for out doors. I would use them when flying in our hall, but would certainly remove them when outside.

My point was the hyped weight is 249 g. I doubt if that counts propeller guards so anything whether it’s made by DJI or an aftermarket company in excess of the basic airframe, battery and props would bust the 249 g limit.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Ok!! Is everyone ready for the big reveal of the official Mavic Mini Tomorrow at 9 am? This little Mavic Mini Will surprise you! I have seen it fly for the first time!
Can't wait to see everyone's reaction!

Ok!! Is everyone ready for the big reveal of the official Mavic Mini Tomorrow at 9 am? This little Mavic Mini Will surprise you! I have seen it fly for the first time!
Not much we don't already already know about it.
However, there could be some surprises.
We shall see!
I'm waiting until Best Buy has them in stock to take advantage of my Elite 30 day return/exchange privileges, in case I get a lemon during the early production!

Can you spill any beans, or is it still "hush hush"?

Can you spill any beans, or is it still "hush hush"?
  • The drone will indeed weigh a mere 249 grams making it an ultralight aircraft
  • It will have a 30-minute maximum flight time.
  • It will have 2.5 miles of HD video transmission.
  • It will have a vision sensor plus GPS precise hover
  • A three-axis gimbal that provides 2.7 k video footage.

Reactions: Rusty105
  • The drone will indeed weigh a mere 249 grams making it an ultralight aircraft
  • It will have a 30-minute maximum flight time.
  • It will have 2.5 miles of HD video transmission.
  • It will have a vision sensor plus GPS precise hover
  • A three-axis gimbal that provides 2.7 k video footage.
Fairly accurate, however the surprise. You will see!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I’m looking forward to the surprise, isn’t the 30th the actual date it’s on sale?
Paul

Looks like the price will be $494 instead of $399 *cue sad trombone*

maybe $494 for the fly more combo. The Newegg listed reseller in CAD$ converted to USD leak shows that the base will be $399 and combo will be $499.

So is the surprise that this connects to the VR kit that just came out ? I have a thought this was originally designed for the racer crowd and changed last minute. Lol

So is the surprise that this connects to the VR kit that just came out ? I have a thought this was originally designed for the racer crowd and changed last minute. Lol
what VR kit? You mean the DJI FPV kit?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member