DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Need Cellular Connection or Wifi?

Kristen_Scholl

Reactions
Hello all I've been wanting to get a drone for a while and I was planning on getting the DJI Mavic Air but then the mini came out. I have not a flown a drone before so I feel like I would benefit the most from the mini. However I do a lot of traveling and thats what I like to make videos. I currently live on an island and would love to get footage of some of the mountains and beaches. I dont have wifi or cell surface in most of the island and when traveling abroad I also dont have surface.

So basically my question is do I have to be connected to a cellular network or connected to wifi in order to fly the Mavic Mini?

Thank you all so much!

Hello all I've been wanting to get a drone for a while and I was planning on getting the DJI Mavic Air but then the mini came out. I have not a flown a drone before so I feel like I would benefit the most from the mini. However I do a lot of traveling and thats what I like to make videos. I currently live on an island and would love to get footage of some of the mountains and beaches. I dont have wifi or cell surface in most of the island and when traveling abroad I also dont have surface.

So basically my question is do I have to be connected to a cellular network or connected to wifi in order to fly the Mavic Mini?

Thank you all so much!
you will need a wifi connection to the internet to set your drone up and do firmware updates, but once out in the field it is not a requirement to fly the drone, and you do not have to have cell service to fly either

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast