DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
View attachment 23757View attachment 23743
Hey, thanks for the question. Even though the screen has a very clear and robust image, it would not be possible to block out the drone totally. The screens do not take up the entire field of view within the lenses.
Thanks for the information because I am going to buy a set pretty soon and I was wondering if you sell them? I saw them on Amazon for $699 base price so can you beat that price? Please PM me if you can offer me a better price at [email protected]

Hi EpsonMoverio,

I have DJI SPARK and thinking to buy BT-300 (or BT-350 , which one you advice?). I have some questions can you please advice me on them?

- Is it compatible with SPARK without any possible issue?
- Can BT-300/350 be used with PARROT drones and/or other ones as well?
- Is there any way to use BT-35E with DJI drones? thinking about screen mirroring or similar feature we can see the screen of mobile phone on it? using Bluetooth or WiFi?
- If all BT-300 on the market now are FPV Drone edition? I would buy it from EPSON in Sydney,/Australia, it does not mention anything about the edition on their website
- What are in the BT-300 box? does it come with tinted lenses?

Thank you.
Hello Max,

-Yes, the Spark and Moverio 300/350 will work, no issues.
-I have seen people successfully load parrot’s app. Please see this group for instructions which are pinned to the top in the discussion thread. Epson Moverio BT-300 350 35-E FPV TIPS/TRICKS/SUPPORT
-Yes, if you have a phone or tablet that has usb-c or hdmi out. I personally run the Go4 on my crystalsky or nvidia shield and utilize the 35e.
-If it is not the “drone edition”, it will not come with the dji applications preloaded or a Dji Mount. You can easily load the applications through the Moverio store or by side loading the latest apk.
-please see link

Hope this helps. Please don’t hesitate to reach out should you have any other questions.

Thank you EpsonMoverio for prompt reply.

I am thinking about when we watch a video, if you look directly through the glasses, is the glasses fully filled by the video? or around the video screen is still transparent? and if we wear something to block up/down and sides of the BT300 (I saw something like that on a YouTube clip) would you see the video similar to as you can see through DJI googles or not?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thank you EpsonMoverio for prompt reply.

I am thinking about when we watch a video, if you look directly through the glasses, is the glasses fully filled by the video? or around the video screen is still transparent? and if we wear something to block up/down and sides of the BT300 (I saw something like that on a YouTube clip) would you see the video similar to as you can see through DJI googles or not?

Thanks.

Max,

To best answer your question, no, the video does not take up your full field of view. There is still transparency around the screen. Yes, if you use the Rochester optical Solitaire Ace 2 enclosure to black everything out, it would be similar, but not the exact experience as the DJI goggles.

Hi EpsonMoverio,

If my device has usb C and is connected to BT35E, can I use the glasses exactly as my phone's screen for setting change etc. or it only shows the video? and can BT35E be used with the DJI remote to use your drone training simulator in any way or not? based on your experience, which BT version one do you think is better for my if my primary use is drone flying? Thanks.

Hi EpsonMoverio,

If my device has usb C and is connected to BT35E, can I use the glasses exactly as my phone's screen for setting change etc. or it only shows the video? and can BT35E be used with the DJI remote to use your drone training simulator in any way or not? based on your experience, which BT version one do you think is better for my if my primary use is drone flying? Thanks.

Hello Max,

Sorry for the delayed response.

-The 35e will function as a screen for your phone only. (monitor) You will still need to utilize your phone to make selections within the application.
-As for the training Sim, you could use the glasses if the device running it utilized HDMI or usb-c.
-Not sure about which version will suit you best, as it may depend on which DJI drone(s) you utilize and which other devices you own. (i.e. crystalsky, tablet, etc.) Feel free to pm me to discuss in more detail.

Hello Max,

Sorry for the delayed response.

-The 35e will function as a screen for your phone only. (monitor) You will still need to utilize your phone to make selections within the application.
-As for the training Sim, you could use the glasses if the device running it utilized HDMI or usb-c.
-Not sure about which version will suit you best, as it may depend on which DJI drone(s) you utilize and which other devices you own. (i.e. crystalsky, tablet, etc.) Feel free to pm me to discuss in more detail.

Hi EpsonMoverio

Thanks for that. I ordered my BT300 and got it today. Was able to fly my spark and looks very nice.

I tried to run the simulator app with spark but looks not working , wondering the simulator should work with spark remote?

Thanks.

I'm doing a bunch of research on the Moverio BT-300 smart glasses, and the more I read the more I like what I see. My drone is a Mavic Air. I have a question regarding using the BT-300 with prescription glasses.

I wear prescription glasses that I need to wear all the time. My glasses are "progressives" (I use the bottom portion for up close and the top portion for farther away). They're also "transition" glasses that turn darker as the light gets brighter (basically, they transition into sunglasses).

Will I be able to use the BT-300 glasses with my prescription glasses?

Larry

I'm doing a bunch of research on the Moverio BT-300 smart glasses, and the more I read the more I like what I see. My drone is a Mavic Air. I have a question regarding using the BT-300 with prescription glasses.

I wear prescription glasses that I need to wear all the time. My glasses are "progressives" (I use the bottom portion for up close and the top portion for farther away). They're also "transition" glasses that turn darker as the light gets brighter (basically, they transition into sunglasses).

Will I be able to use the BT-300 glasses with my prescription glasses?

Larry
Larry,
The Moverios are designed to make it seem like the screen is at a 5M distance...therefore, your distance prescription is what's going to be in play. Don't think you're going to use your reading corrections as you would if you were looking at your phone. In other words, imagine that the screen was 15 feet away from you and the writing was big enough to read. That's what it's going to do. So, your progressives will likely work just fine, as you will be looking over the "reading prescription" most of the time.

I'm going to suggest that you consider getting the prescription inserts for the Moverios rather than wearing them over your glasses. Don't get me wrong, they'll fit nicely over your glasses, it's just that the inserts will give you a better experience (in my opinion and experience). It's more than the convenience of not having to wear your glasses when you fly, but even more importantly, the inserts will be able to correct for the difference between the spacing of the two prisms that display the info to you and the space between your pupils (interpupillary distance) which, if you're like me, can cause ghosting around the edges and difficulty reading the fine print if you don't correct it. The inserts will correct that problem, as well as provide your distance prescription throughout the screen. They're going to run you another $200...but if you wear glasses, you're already used to that sort of thing.

I strongly recommend that you talk to the guys at Rochester Optical. They are the ones who make the inserts and they're incredibly knowledgeable about the Moverios. I can't remember the name of the guy I spoke to, but he was SO helpful.

Love love my Moverios.

- Gary

Reactions: larryc43230
Larry,
The Moverios are designed to make it seem like the screen is at a 5M distance...therefore, your distance prescription is what's going to be in play. Don't think you're going to use your reading corrections as you would if you were looking at your phone. In other words, imagine that the screen was 15 feet away from you and the writing was big enough to read. That's what it's going to do. So, your progressives will likely work just fine, as you will be looking over the "reading prescription" most of the time.

I'm going to suggest that you consider getting the prescription inserts for the Moverios rather than wearing them over your glasses. Don't get me wrong, they'll fit nicely over your glasses, it's just that the inserts will give you a better experience (in my opinion and experience). It's more than the convenience of not having to wear your glasses when you fly, but even more importantly, the inserts will be able to correct for the difference between the spacing of the two prisms that display the info to you and the space between your pupils (interpupillary distance) which, if you're like me, can cause ghosting around the edges and difficulty reading the fine print if you don't correct it. The inserts will correct that problem, as well as provide your distance prescription throughout the screen. They're going to run you another $200...but if you wear glasses, you're already used to that sort of thing.

I strongly recommend that you talk to the guys at Rochester Optical. They are the ones who make the inserts and they're incredibly knowledgeable about the Moverios. I can't remember the name of the guy I spoke to, but he was SO helpful.

Love love my Moverios.

- Gary

Gary, thank you for the detailed response to my questions about prescription glasses and the Moverio BT-300 glasses. Based on this information, I'm more eager than ever to get my hands on the smart glasses and try them out. After I get the Moverio and try out the combination, I'll most likely contact Rochester Optical and check out the inserts they offer. I'm due for my annual vision exam sometime in January, and I'll probably wait until I get my new glasses prescription before getting the the inserts.

Larry

Gary, thank you for the detailed response to my questions about prescription glasses and the Moverio BT-300 glasses. Based on this information, I'm more eager than ever to get my hands on the smart glasses and try them out. After I get the Moverio and try out the combination, I'll most likely contact Rochester Optical and check out the inserts they offer. I'm due for my annual vision exam sometime in January, and I'll probably wait until I get my new glasses prescription before getting the the inserts.

Larry
When you get your checkup have them give you your ipd (Inter pupillary distance) for EACH EYE. Its a number per eye. This is important because it's not enough to know the total distance between your eyes but also the distance of EACH EYE from the center of your face. That's what Rochester will need. You may as well get that from your dr in case you decide you want them.

When you get your checkup have them give you your ipd (Inter pupillary distance) for EACH EYE. Its a number per eye. This is important because it's not enough to know the total distance between your eyes but also the distance of EACH EYE from the center of your face. That's what Rochester will need. You may as well get that from your dr in case you decide you want them.
Duly noted; thanks again!

Larry

Hi EpsonMoverio

Thanks for that. I ordered my BT300 and got it today. Was able to fly my spark and looks very nice.

I tried to run the simulator app with spark but looks not working , wondering the simulator should work with spark remote?

Thanks.
Hey,

As of now, the simulator only works with the original Mavic pro. Sorry.

Larry,

Love love my Moverios.

- Gary
Gary,

Thank you very much for your response to Larry's inquiry. It was spot on.

Cheers.

bt-35
First post!
Thinking of buying the Moverio BT-35E glasses. I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and Samsung Note9, would like to know if I can use the BT-35E with this setup. If so How would I connect the system together. Would like detail description and diagram if possible. Note9 has only one USB-C outlet. Reason for looking at the B35E is for the frame, seems much better then the 300.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy