DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
At any distance that you can see your drone without the glasses, you can see the drone through the glasses - however, even fairly close, when I REALLY want to see the drone (like landing it or flying around the trees), I put them up on my forehead and look without the glasses. I'm just more comfortable that way.

At 3Km I see what the drone is looking at, perfectly. But I can't see the drone.
Thanks
I have the goggles, and they work great. However, their gigantic, and prevent me from seeing what is around me, which is disorienting, and leaves me vulnerable to who knows what.
I'm interested in the BT, but I don't really want to see the drone in the screen.

Not wanting to see the drone in the screen? To Epson, that is a selling point for the glasses. At more than a few meters under rare circumstances you can’t see the drone through the glasses.
Frankly, I don’t care if I can see the drone through the glasses or not.
What I care about is that I can see what the drone can see, and if it is close see the drone as well.
For me the glasses are an amazing experience, phones, tablets or CrystalSky are only for emergences when my glasses fail, which is increasingly rare.

Thanks
I have the goggles, and they work great. However, their gigantic, and prevent me from seeing what is around me, which is disorienting, and leaves me vulnerable to who knows what.
I'm interested in the BT, but I don't really want to see the drone in the screen.
I have the Solitaire enclosures on my Moverios. For people walking by while I'm flying, they think I'm not able to see them. They're usually pretty shocked when I acknowledge their presence as they go by. Being free to walk around to a better location, be aware of what's going on around you, and still being able to see the view from the bird - it's pretty liberating. The enclosures give you more of the best of both worlds...having isolation and excellent light control, but also allowing you to see. And again, it's really easy to just lift them onto your forehead like a pair of sunglasses if you feel you need a completely unobstructed view.

Not wanting to see the drone in the screen? To Epson, that is a selling point for the glasses. At more than a few meters under rare circumstances you can’t see the drone through the glasses.
Frankly, I don’t care if I can see the drone through the glasses or not.
What I care about is that I can see what the drone can see, and if it is close see the drone as well.
For me the glasses are an amazing experience, phones, tablets or CrystalSky are only for emergences when my glasses fail, which is increasingly rare.
thanks

Have you ever tried the DJI goggles? If so, how would you compare them?
I've looked on the forum for goggles vs. BT, but most people commenting had yet to receive the glasses, or had only tried one or the other

So, Epson has worked out most of the bugs, or you were able to tweak the parameters to improve the performance?

The DJI tutorial mentioned an adapter for the Mavic remote specific for the Moverio BT-300. I'm not finding those on the Epson site. Anyone know where to get them?
I'm still debating if I want to spend $700 for them. B&H does offer a 30 day return policy, so that could be an option to try before I buy. If BestBuy has them in stock and on display, I could try them in store too I suppose.

The DJI tutorial mentioned an adapter for the Mavic remote specific for the Moverio BT-300. I'm not finding those on the Epson site. Anyone know where to get them?
I'm still debating if I want to spend $700 for them. B&H does offer a 30 day return policy, so that could be an option to try before I buy. If BestBuy has them in stock and on display, I could try them in store too I suppose.

There are many different variations on ebay so you can choose which bests suits you.

The challenge in committing to this product is the price. After all, these are an accessory; a 720p accessory

Without the ability to try out the glasses, we are left to the opinion of those who have them.

Some people love them, and point to reasons why they are better than the DJI goggles. Others say they are problematic, and that Epson' customer service (like other companies) can be less than stellar causing some of those who purchased them to return the glasses; likely never to try again. Some people have had to return them and get a second, or third set to try. Some Youtube channels were given a pair to review, and while the reviews were favorable few if any have bought a pair. I know because I asked.

Others say that the partnership between Epson and DJI is not as tight as we were led to believe, and so how integral are these glasses to the software? I see that Epson has come out with their own app called Soar. That suggest the struggles with the partnership may be true. Being that the app is fairly new, and there are even less reviews of the app than there are reviews of the glasses there is little encouragement.

For that price (I realize they are now $699 when originally $799) there needs to be no problems with set up, no problems with performance including lag, and no problems with the DJI GO 4 app we are familiar with. Unless Soar offers a substantial benefit over the DJI GO 4 app, why would we want to add that complication?

I would be willing to take a chance on the glasses when the price is $500 with all accessories, including the specially tinted Rochester shades.

But, that's just my opinion unless the likes to this stitch in the thread tell Epson others agree with my hesitation toward purchasing these.

The challenge in committing to this product is the price. After all, these are an accessory; a 720p accessory

Without the ability to try out the glasses, we are left to the opinion of those who have them.

Some people love them, and point to reasons why they are better than the DJI goggles. Others say they are problematic, and that Epson' customer service (like other companies) can be less than stellar causing some of those who purchased them to return the glasses; likely never to try again. Some people have had to return them and get a second, or third set to try. Some Youtube channels were given a pair to review, and while the reviews were favorable few if any have bought a pair. I know because I asked.

Others say that the partnership between Epson and DJI is not as tight as we were led to believe, and so how integral are these glasses to the software? I see that Epson has come out with their own app called Soar. That suggest the struggles with the partnership may be true. Being that the app is fairly new, and there are even less reviews of the app than there are reviews of the glasses there is little encouragement.

For that price (I realize they are now $699 when originally $799) there needs to be no problems with set up, no problems with performance including lag, and no problems with the DJI GO 4 app we are familiar with. Unless Soar offers a substantial benefit over the DJI GO 4 app, why would we want to add that complication?

I would be willing to take a chance on the glasses when the price is $500 with all accessories, including the specially tinted Rochester shades.

But, that's just my opinion unless the likes to this stitch in the thread tell Epson others agree with my hesitation toward purchasing these.
???

Well, all I can say is that I too find the price a bit steep, and that’s why I found a good deal on a pair in great shape on Fleabay. I wasn’t really going to get them, but I’ve got a cousin that does part 107 work for an oil company and he raved about them...and I trust him. For me, after using them a few times...I really don’t want to fly any other way to be honest. There’s several benefits to me... number one, the ability to fly and maintain VLOS just can’t be denied. Secondly, being able to fly without having to move your head up and down to look at a screen makes the whole experience more pleasant. Thirdly, having a device dedicated to the drone frees my phone up for other uses. Lastly, I think they allow you to more easily combat the sun than almost anything other than the equally costly crystalsky monitors. Does anyone “need” these things? I think not... but...if you’ve got the coin and take care to set them up and use them properly, I can’t imagine too many people would be disappointed. Now all that being said, I don’t wear prescriptions and I’ve got pretty solid eyesight for now, so I’m sure there are plenty of folks out there that might have different experiences than I’ve had. At the end of the day, nobody’s putting a gun to anyone’s head...if you think you’d use them and enjoy them, then buy it. If not... no harm...no foul in not making that purchase. Your bird’s still gonna fly just fine without them.

Reactions: Drone on
For the life of me I do not know why every flyer does not use them they are amazing way better than any phone or tablet or a box on your head. As an owner I am their most fierce Critic they were terrible to begin with overheating and all sorts of other issues most of those issues are now solved and they are brilliant. Going back to a phone or tablet would be like going back to the the Stone Age.
When I have to use a phone or tablet I can't see a **** thing in the sun I just give up.
With these I can see with the drone sees any time any day any night.
I just can't think of an improvement to made at this point.
I can do things I would find impossible with a phone or tablet or a box.
Replacement please Epson mine are worn out. Held together with Sellotape and elastic bands even though they're quality merchandise I must have used them getting on for a thousand flights.

Hi EpsonMoverio,

I have DJI SPARK and thinking to buy BT-300 (or BT-350 , which one you advice?). I have some questions can you please advice me on them?

- Is it compatible with SPARK without any possible issue?
- Can BT-300/350 be used with PARROT drones and/or other ones as well?
- Is there any way to use BT-35E with DJI drones? thinking about screen mirroring or similar feature we can see the screen of mobile phone on it? using Bluetooth or WiFi?
- If all BT-300 on the market now are FPV Drone edition? I would buy it from EPSON in Sydney,/Australia, it does not mention anything about the edition on their website
- What are in the BT-300 box? does it come with tinted lenses?

Thank you.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem