DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
This should clear things up.
I understand that I can plug my phone or tablet into the controller using usb-c or hdmi and see the screen display. my question is how to connect mavic 2 controller to the smart glass controller system. I do not have a crystal sky monitor only a note9 and mavic 2 controller which need to be connected to each other to control the drone. the instructions in the user guide just shows me how to connect to a phone or other display device to the smart glasses.

I understand that I can plug my phone or tablet into the controller using usb-c or hdmi and see the screen display. my question is how to connect mavic 2 controller to the smart glass controller system. I do not have a crystal sky monitor only a note9 and mavic 2 controller which need to be connected to each other to control the drone. the instructions in the user guide just shows me how to connect to a phone or other display device to the smart glasses.

I have this same question? The only way would to have a device with an extra video out port?

I would like an answer from Epson moverio, beside the videos and user guide which just keep showing the connection to the phone only, they should try this same configuration with the mavic controller, would mean any mavic owners including enterprise owners with smart phone would be able to purchase the bt35e.
Wonder if you connect smart glass controller hdmi to phone usb c and usb c from smart glass controller to the micro usb or regular usb on the mavic controller or visa versa, would that work?

I would like an answer from Epson moverio, beside the videos and user guide which just keep showing the connection to the phone only, they should try this same configuration with the mavic controller, would mean any mavic owners including enterprise owners with smart phone would be able to purchase the bt35e.
Wonder if you connect smart glass controller hdmi to phone usb c and usb c from smart glass controller to the micro usb or regular usb on the mavic controller or visa versa, would that work?

As far as I have tried, you cant have anything hooked up to the charging port (micro usb) on the controller and use the USB connector on the controller (except for charging). So If i understand what you are saying , I dont think that is possible.

Hey Everyone,

My apologies for not getting back sooner, and for the lack of clarity. To pilot your DJI drone while utilizing the 35-E, you will need the HDMI out of a crystalsky or Nvidia shield type tablet. There doesn't seem to be a way to leverage the usb-c for more than just video and power at the moment.

Hi, Just a simple question, can I use built in camera to film while flying my drone Mavic 2pro using go 4

I just saw a pair of BT300 today, very impressed, and they're a good price now!

But, critical to me, will they run Litchi? And Drone Deploy... Even with a workaround such as Amazon store, or APK's?

I have not been able to get Litchi to run but others have on here. Not sure about Drone. Where did you find them at a good price mine are falling apart although I really am waiting for the new MOVERIO BT-35E Smart Glasses to be able to be used with the Mavic 2 and Phantom.
They are much more heavy duty and believe me they need to be.
So Epson what is the story? When can we use the BT-35E with our drones?

EpsonMoverio I have misunderstood, I think. So the Moverio BT-35E Smart Glasses, Interface Unit (the little box) acts like the projector from the device of your choice that projects the image the drone is seeing onto the glasses (as in screen). Is that right?
So it does not matter what device you use, as long as it is powerful enough like a good smartphone. So as long as you have say DJI Go 4 on say my Samsung 9+ it can project the image from the drone on to what you see in the glasses?

EpsonMoverio I have misunderstood, I think. So the Moverio BT-35E Smart Glasses, Interface Unit (the little box) acts like the projector from the device of your choice that projects the image the drone is seeing onto the glasses (as in screen). Is that right?
So it does not matter what device you use, as long as it is powerful enough like a good smartphone. So as long as you have say DJI Go 4 on say my Samsung 9+ it can project the image from the drone on to what you see in the glasses?
Yes John. It's an interface box...nothing more. No smarts, no "projector". It takes an A/V signal and translates it to the glasses. The only feature that is "smart" is that it has a "side by side 3D" viewing mode, so if you're watching a side-by-side 3D video, you click the buttons and will see the left side of the video through your left eye and the right side through your right eye...so you see 3 dimensions through the glasses --- which works pretty well, from my experience.

So are you using the BT-35E Smart Glasses with a drone [B]gjmphoto[/B]? Is anyone else using them. I have searched and only found youtube channels in languages other than English. Loads on the 300 but not 35E.

So are you using the BT-35E Smart Glasses with a drone [B]gjmphoto[/B]? Is anyone else using them. I have searched and only found youtube channels in languages other than English. Loads on the 300 but not 35E.
Yes...but remember, the BT-35E is an interface box...it's not a computer of any kind...therefore, you don't "Load up" anything on them. You need to attach the interface box to a device (via USB-C or HDMI) that is running the software you are using to fly the drone. This is different than the BT-300. The BT-300 IS an android device...it's not just an interface...so you actually run the software on the BT-300 control unit.

To fly my drone using the BT-35E, I am running GO 4 on an NVIDIA Shield tablet (android device) and taking the HDMI out of the tablet to the 35E so I can see the screen through the glasses.

My opinion is that the BT-300 is a better experience for me when flying...because as bad as the touchpad of the BT-300 is, I find it easier to use it than a different device with the 35E...BECAUSE: with the 300s, you can see the cursor through the glasses and don't have to look away to see the tablet...AND...I have corrective lenses in the glasses which makes it easier to read the screen in the glasses than looking down to the tablet (without my reading glasses).

There are pluses and minuses to both setups...I've hit them in other posts. If you're interested, I'll point you there.

- Gary

Reactions: EpsonMoverio
Thanks gjmphoto I knew the box was only an interface between a device of your choice and the glasses. I was planning to use my Samsung Galaxy 9+.
But "My opinion is that the BT-300 is a better experience for me when flying...because as bad as the touchp...."
is what I was looking for. I was about to start saving for the BT-35E. I love the 300 but was hoping for more clarity especially with the Mavic 2.
The 300s are fantastic with the P4P but not very good with the M2 for some
weird reason.
So thank you so much, the whole
point about glasses is that you almost never need to look up and down.
I am still amazed why people are not taking up the glasses option.
It's like two different worlds.
Any system where you have to keep looking up and down is not fun for me. Frankly when you have used the glasses any other option is rubbish, so frustrating. The only way round this is to have a device like a tablet or phone right in front of your nose. Which is awkward at the best of times.

So do you use the 300 with the Mavic 2? I need to get the glasses to be as good with the P4P as with the M2.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Thanks gjmphoto I knew the box was only an interface between a device of your choice and the glasses. I was planning to use my Samsung Galaxy 9+.
But "My opinion is that the BT-300 is a better experience for me when flying...because as bad as the touchp...."
is what I was looking for. I was about to start saving for the BT-35E. I love the 300 but was hoping for more clarity especially with the Mavic 2.
The 300s are fantastic with the P4P but not very good with the M2 for some
weird reason.
So thank you so much, the whole
point about glasses is that you almost never need to look up and down.
I am still amazed why people are not taking up the glasses option.
It's like two different worlds.
Any system where you have to keep looking up and down is not fun for me. Frankly when you have used the glasses any other option is rubbish, so frustrating. The only way round this is to have a device like a tablet or phone right in front of your nose. Which is awkward at the best of times.

So do you use the 300 with the Mavic 2? I need to get the glasses to be as good with the P4P as with the M2.
I haven't jumped to the 2s yet. I'm still on my MPP that I got about a little over a year ago. I think my next drone will be an Inspire 2 or something in that class...right now, I'm just loving the little adrenaline rush every time I get airborne!

I haven't jumped to the 2s yet. I'm still on my MPP that I got about a little over a year ago. I think my next drone will be an Inspire 2 or something in that class...right now, I'm just loving the little adrenaline rush every time I get airborne!

Hi guys
I just get my BT-300
Everything work great but I noticed
When BT-300 not fully charged
It start charging from my Mavic 2 remote
controller
Is this normal?

Hey Everyone,

My apologies for not getting back sooner, and for the lack of clarity. To pilot your DJI drone while utilizing the 35-E, you will need the HDMI out of a crystalsky or Nvidia shield type tablet. There doesn't seem to be a way to leverage the usb-c for more than just video and power at the moment.

I took the time to read all 9 pages and seee my question was asked about 50 times. My bad.
Only thing I'm still curious, Whatever you hook up to the controller, needs to have GPS, yes?
Do Shield tablets have GPS/Glonass?

Last edited:
O and just so everyone with 35-E knows, you can buy a USB-C hub splitter to get power/video to both the controller
and your phone, or whatever your using with the controller.

You dont have to spend $700 on a monitor you dont want, to pass a signal through

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair