DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My car warranty keeps expiring

EpicFlight

Reactions
And I'm having loads of fun "renewing" it. Is your car's warranty running out too?

Have some fun with these scammers. You do have some power – they're paying for the call, and they're getting paid. Not much, but still...

So, have some fun, keep them on the phone as long as you can, if you're not busy at the moment.

I've pulled the following:
  • chatted with the guy for 15 minutes about his kids, the weather in Mumbai, drone flying, other hobbies, until I couldn't stretch it any further, and had to give him the make and model of my car, a 1952 Edsel, at which point he hung up.
  • Told him I needed to go ask my wife, put it on speakerphone, turned on Dr. Phil, and left it there. He waited 5 minutes.
  • My wife and I staged a horrible sounding fight, then busted up laughing. Scam caller swore at us and hung up.
Many others that have me in stitches recalling them. Apparently they have a "do not waste your time" database, 'cause most of the time these days after the robocall and I press 1 to be connected to a live person, it hangs up on me.

Last edited:
Try asking them that if the warranty is set to expire on the car, why do you need to give them the make/model? Don't they have that info?
OR
Ask them which car the warranty is set to expire on? Let 'em know you have several vehicles under warranty.

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
I used to ignore them but if I'm bored I do enjoy stringing them along. My favorite was the pain institute. Finally I asked what kind of pain they deal with because they were a pain in my a##. Apparently they only addressed necks, backs, and shoulders. :)

Have some fun with these scammers.

Have all the fun you want, but remember, they may have your phone number up on the screen and if you piss them off, they might write it down and since they are probably in a different country, different time zone, they just might start calling you up at all hours just to hear you scream, "Who is this?" You can try blocking them, but it's a simple Google search to learn how to call through an Anonymous Phone Number Spoofer. And since they are probably out-of-country, you'll have no legal recourse.

Don't bite off more than you "can chew…" Just hang up and enjoy the rest of your day, because you know they are living phone solicitor hell with most folk just slamming the phone down on them and they are doing this just to scratch out a living…

When you finally get tired of the calls, here's my solution.
Go to youtube, search disconnect tones.
Record the 4 notes, and place them at the front of your voicemail message, make sure to leave a little pause before your actual message.
The bots hear those tones, assume the number is no good, and your number moves off the list as a saleable number.
Your incoming phone call spam will drop to almost nil within a short period of time.

But answer a call once, and your number gets published and sold to everybody and their brother again.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
They call me on a daily basis everyday about my "car" running out of warranty and im 16 and dont have a car 😐

Years ago I remember this idea bing used in an advert, possible for tea or coffee or cup-a-soup, it was brilliant. I don't know if it still runs.
The recipient even came back to the phone at times and said "please hold, your call is important to us and we will.........", they might have even played the most terrible "canned music" into the phone in between the "please hold...."s lol.

I actually look forward to their calls

I answer using my old lady voice and mess with them until they hang up on me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan