DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 3 firmware is out

No improvement for GPS lock, 7 minutes and still waiting at 10-9-10-9-8 satellites...

It worked before the December 10th Firmware???
the new firmware update has helped my Mavic 3 for a GPS lock, but still kind of a delay compared to my Mavic 2 drones. I also did an IMU calibration as the drone was drifting when taking long exposure photos... so my Mavic 3 no longer drifts like before! happy about this.

GPS fix Update: When I fired up to fly, my M3 came up with a sensor (no indication which one) error, & said to restart. So I did. Right away I had GPS lock. Flew in 20+ mph wind testing 7x in the wind. All went well. I have restarted before & gone through longer periods of finding GPS lock than when firing up the first. This time was different. 20 minutes later I started everything up & had 19 satellites immediately :) Hope this helps & gives some optimism to others :)
Cheers, Jon

Last edited:
GPS fix Update: When I fired up to fly, my M3 came up with a sensor (no indication which one) error, & said to restart. So I did. Right away I had GPS lock. Flew in 20+ mph wind testing 7x in the wind. All went well. I have restarted before & gone through longer periods of finding GPS lock than when firing up the first. This time was different. 20 minutes later I started everything up & had 19 satellites immediately :) Hope this helps & gives some optimism to others :)
Cheers, Jon
Well. Hard to say before I try it myself but that 7X looks almost usable now

Reactions: Bussty
I have the Cine version, bought early December so one of the first batches. I’ve never had a problem with GNSS lock, possibly a bit slower than the M2P but nothing to worry about. Took it for a test flight today after the update and it acquired GNSS lock in less than 30 seconds, much the same as the M2P. Someone posted that the update had improved their 7x camera, I never tested that today but I hope it has improved mine, it really was pretty useless.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent