DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New sUAV Pilot - Ann Arbor MI

Willie Peloquin

Reactions
Hello All,

I just received a Red Mavic Air Fly More Package. All the YouTube's concerning the Mavic Air looked great, so I pulled the trigger. I have had it a couple weeks now, but the weather has been miserable, I have been under the weather and the MA has not left the ground :( I did power it up and apply all the updates. Hopefully I will be flying this weekend.

I am a private pilot. I have not flown in quite a while, but I expect to be a commercial sUAV pilot in the next month or two. I am very anxious to get in the air and see how quickly I adapt to being a drone pilot. I am currently determining the best way to be a YouTube content provider. I plan on doing travel, software engineering, pilotage tutorials and other hobby type videos. I don't expect to make any money, but I believe it will help my career as a contract senior software engineer.

Does anyone else live near Ann Arbor? I am also looking for other flight plan generation apps to set up my flight with way points and other advanced functionality. Any pointers would be great.

Thank you all in advance and thank you for providing this group,

Willie Peloquin

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello All,

I just received a Red Mavic Air Fly More Package. All the YouTube's concerning the Mavic Air looked great, so I pulled the trigger. I have had it a couple weeks now, but the weather has been miserable, I have been under the weather and the MA has not left the ground :( I did power it up and apply all the updates. Hopefully I will be flying this weekend.

I am a private pilot. I have not flown in quite a while, but I expect to be a commercial sUAV pilot in the next month or two. I am very anxious to get in the air and see how quickly I adapt to being a drone pilot. I am currently determining the best way to be a YouTube content provider. I plan on doing travel, software engineering, pilotage tutorials and other hobby type videos. I don't expect to make any money, but I believe it will help my career as a contract senior software engineer.

Does anyone else live near Ann Arbor? I am also looking for other flight plan generation apps to set up my flight with way points and other advanced functionality. Any pointers would be great.

Thank you all in advance and thank you for providing this group,

Willie Peloquin
Howdy from Wyoming @Willie Peloquin , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to MavicPilots! Fly safe and have fun when the weather breaks!

I am also looking for other flight plan generation apps to set up my flight with way points and other advanced functionality.
In regards to waypoint apps I'd recommend Litchi but the Mavic Air is not supported yet, so you will probably need to stick with the DJI GO 4 waypoint options for now.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Walled Lake here... Hope you got to fly today, was beautiful.

I hope to find time tomorrow.

Walled Lake here... Hope you got to fly today, was beautiful.

I hope to find time tomorrow.

Sweet! I’m in West Bloomfield, got a Mavic Pro that I’ve flown over Wolverine Lake several times.

Lansing here with the MA....pretty effortless to fly with all the sensors and gps if you keep it away from trees.

Sweet! I’m in West Bloomfield, got a Mavic Pro that I’ve flown over Wolverine Lake several times.
I live right across the street from the paper and have flown over it a couple times.

Reactions: Alasas
You are going to love the air when you finally get it in the...air.

With your experience and abilities as a software engineer, you should get into some playing with one of the programable flight controllers. There are quite a few about there and many of the sensor modules are all plug and play.
I’ve been tinkering, but just don’t have the software skills. I’m more of mechanic mind

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998