DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

gmhbon

Reactions
Hi all, purchased a new Mavic Pro. First flights have been great and stable, but I also quickly ran into the dreaded Jello video shake problem and am unsure what to do next (send it in to DJI for repair, finetune some parameters, add filters, .... So I will be thoroughly scanning this forum for solutions and/or advise :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi all, purchased a new Mavic Pro. First flights have been great and stable, but I also quickly ran into the dreaded Jello video shake problem and am unsure what to do next (send it in to DJI for repair, finetune some parameters, add filters, .... So I will be thoroughly scanning this forum for solutions and/or advise :)
Hi there neighbour, welcome from the Netherlands.

I have not heard of a 'dreaded jello video shake problem' with the mavic. I never had these issues myself. Are you sure the gimbal rubbers are ok and still attached to the gimbal? It sounds like one of them is broken or has become loose. Did you have a minor crash perhaps?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hi there neighbour, welcome from the Netherlands.

I have not heard of a 'dreaded jello video shake problem' with the mavic. I never had these issues myself. Are you sure the gimbal rubbers are ok and still attached to the gimbal? It sounds like one of them is broken or has become loose. Did you have a minor crash perhaps?
Thanks for replying, I checked all the obvious issues (like a blocked gimbal mount). The mavic had the problem right out of the box and never had any rough landing. Props are original, latest firmmware, ... Physically its looks fine. The problem is not that rare (try google: mavic pro jello): I tried all of the suggested fixes but no cure. One thing does help: mounting a neutral density filter, but this causes another problem: I tried 3 different models; but they all block the gimbal during calibration (in the last step when turning to the right), resulting in a gimbal motor overload error. I will continue to experiment as the alternative is to return it for repair and get a refurb as replacement. Apart from that, it flies just great.

Howdy from Wyoming @gmhbon , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Have never had that issue so really can't tell you but maybe some one else will chime in that has .

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Welcome to MavicPilots! Fly safe and have fun!
Is the jello constant? Or does it only do it ascending and braking? How do your props look? Sometimes you can get jello with unbalanced props.

Thanks :) The jello is intermittend and is less when hoovering at a constant height. Props are brand new out-of-the-box and undamaged. Prop balance seems ok, but I have ordered a prop balancing device to see if I can still improve it.
I do have the impression that there is a relationship between :
- outside temperature (colder = worse)
- neutral density filters reduce or clear the problem. But then I have the issue of faling the calibration test as all off the filters i tried are slightly to large and get stuck during calibration.

I have received an RMA to return it, but am somewhat hesitant as I do not want to receive a refurb with an unknown history.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22