DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night Flying Approval - LANNC or FAADRONEZONE

• Thread starter Deleted member 148928
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 148928

I have passed the new FAA test and have the new certificate indicating that I'm good to go for Night Flying...however I cannot figure out how to get Class "D" Air Space approval in a timely manner. FAADRONEZONE site 107 area seems to be the old wavier method? LANNC via KittyHawk say "RED" no way...
Ideas welcomed...

Thanks for the reply -- the problem and where the confusion comes in is that April 6th date made it appear that this was the go live date...I've not found the April 21st date posted anywhere...

The new rules don't take effect until 4/21. After that date, the LAANC system will presumably be updated to grant authorizations for night flights, but since that is currently still by waiver it will not do that.
What are the new rules, especially regarding night flying that take effect on 4/21?

What I found interesting is that RECREATIONALLY it was ok to fly at night with anti-collision lights, but one could not fly at night as a Part 107 pilot if it wasn't specifically for recreational purposes. That all seemed (seems?) kind of bass-ackwards to me.

What are the new rules, especially regarding night flying that take effect on 4/21?

What I found interesting is that RECREATIONALLY it was ok to fly at night with anti-collision lights, but one could not fly at night as a Part 107 pilot if it wasn't specifically for recreational purposes. That all seemed (seems?) kind of bass-ackwards to me.

This will replace 107.27 Daylight operation:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garydwillett