DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Yeah, i eventually got rid of the autolanding, have tried before with the Air but not succeded, but a couple of weeks ago i got that mod to "stick". I simply did what i have done with other DJI drones in the past: Select "Non-DJI battery" in the "Flight settings" in the DJI Assistant (debug mode). However, doing this seems to not give the wanted effect every time you do it, but i have now finally got it to take effect.
Ok, I’ll try that but the last time I hooked up my MA to DJI Assistant it kept disconnecting and I wasn’t able to even do anything.

I’ve finally decided on the 2.4ghz band, due to longer ranges and better penetration. Using a CP antenna should help with interference to make it more like the 5.8ghx band.

I’ve finally decided on the 2.4ghz band, due to longer ranges and better penetration. Using a CP antenna should help with interference to make it more like the 5.8ghx band.

Why do you feel that you need to choose, except per flight. With my 4Hawks Raptor antennas i will boost them with a pair of dual band amps. However, 2,4 may very well be the only thing that works at distances from 6,5 km, so your choice is probably wise. Up to 6+km i have not had any problems with 5,8ghz though, was there again twice today but without making it home, i think my 5,8km flight is the limit with stockbattery, i have had so many unsuccesful attempts on 6km now that i think i will give up on making 6km with stock. Expecting the mod module early this week....

Why do you feel that you need to choose, except per flight. With my 4Hawks Raptor antennas i will boost them with a pair of dual band amps. However, 2,4 may very well be the only thing that works at distances from 6,5 km, so your choice is probably wise. Up to 6+km i have not had any problems with 5,8ghz though, was there again twice today but without making it home, i think my 5,8km flight is the limit with stockbattery, i have had so many unsuccesful attempts on 6km now that i think i will give up on making 6km with stock. Expecting the mod module early this week....
I hope that batteries will be able to get it out to 10-11k, I was going to order but it’s out of stock now, guess I’ll have to wait

Just found this thread! So a couple questions. I'm at 8400 ft. Elevation. Will this effect my distance? What is the determining factor you guys are using to determine when to return?

Are you guys turning off obstical avoidance for more speed? What other settings should I be using?

Are you guys turning off obstical avoidance for more speed? What other settings should I be using?
Most of us go full speed in sport mode, which cancels the Avoidance anyway, your elevation shouldn’t be an issue, it might actually help out a bit. I flew mine at a little over 9000ft elevation and got the same range I normally do. We are just now getting into battery mods and antenna upgrades and amplifiers, we are shooting for 40,000ft but we’ll see...

Yeop, Im thinking of expanding the leaderboard range for stock MA range to top 20.
Do the members currently on the leaderboard have a issue with that?
Please vote. 1 for ok with it, and 2 if your not.
Personally, I'm ok with it.:cool:
It will bring new members in to challenge the top best.
Let me know your vote.:D

Yeop, Im thinking of expanding the leaderboard range for stock MA range to top 20.

Sure, expand to 20!
Vote: 1

Perhaps you should also add a new leaderboard, for batterymods, it will not be a fair comparison with vs without batterymods.
Cheers!

Most of us go full speed in sport mode, which cancels the Avoidance anyway, your elevation shouldn’t be an issue, it might actually help out a bit. I flew mine at a little over 9000ft elevation and got the same range I normally do. We are just now getting into battery mods and antenna upgrades and amplifiers, we are shooting for 40,000ft but we’ll see...
Thanks. I'm assuming elevation might help due to density altitude? So fly on colder days for better performance. I would have thought that sport mode would have used up more battery. Thanks for the help. I'll be playing with this.
So what is the determining factor on when to turn around? 30%?

Vote 1!

Vote: 1

Thanks. I'm assuming elevation might help due to density altitude? So fly on colder days for better performance. I would have thought that sport mode would have used up more battery. Thanks for the help. I'll be playing with this.
So what is the determining factor on when to turn around? 30%?

Vote 1!
By turning around I hope you mean when you gotta bring it back home, which we normally turn around at 55%, you could try going to 50% but you migh land with or even fly at 0% for a bit.

By turning around I hope you mean when you gotta bring it back home, which we normally turn around at 55%, you could try going to 50% but you migh land with or even fly at 0% for a bit.

Thank you, yes I meant when to turn back home.

Hi guys I am really impressed with your 4Hawks results. I ordered one and my supplier sent me a Nanosync, said it was the same thing. Well on my first flight out with it I was losing signal at 200 meters straight up. So far I am not that impressed. I am getting nowhere near your ranges. Does it matter on the PCB which ports the cables are attached to. The **** writing was so small I am not sure if I read it correctly.

Hi guys I am really impressed with your 4Hawks results. I ordered one and my supplier sent me a Nanosync, said it was the same thing. Well on my first flight out with it I was losing signal at 200 meters straight up. So far I am not that impressed. I am getting nowhere near your ranges. Does it matter on the PCB which ports the cables are attached to. The **** writing was so small I am not sure if I read it correctly.
The nanosync is NOT the same thing, it is made for the Mavic Pro’s OcuSync technology exclusively on 2.4ghz. Don’t expect good results on a Mavic Air.

Doing some testing I get 28mph when I'm in RTH with right stick forward. I get 38 mph when I'm in sport mode. Curious which would be better when returning home. Use the faster sport mode but eat up more batteries or stay in RTH with stick forward to save battery. Anyone done this test?

Doing some testing I get 28mph when I'm in RTH with right stick forward. I get 38 mph when I'm in sport mode. Curious which would be better when returning home. Use the faster sport mode but eat up more batteries or stay in RTH with stick forward to save battery. Anyone done this test?
Yes. If you watch some of @JB999 's videos, he explains this in detail.
You can also check with DustinDunnill 's videos as well. Check out his YT channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
The nanosync is NOT the same thing, it is made for the Mavic Pro’s OcuSync technology exclusively on 2.4ghz. Don’t expect good results on a Mavic Air.
Well I did contact them and was assured it would work fine on 2.4ghz channel obviously not in the 5 band.

Yes. If you watch some of @JB999 's videos, he explains this in detail.
You can also check with DustinDunnill 's videos as well. Check out his YT channel.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I found Dustins YT videos but don't know who JB is? Other then what I've seen him post on here. Does he have YT videos? Under what name?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs