DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

What. If you’re stating your range you need evidence other than “ 3878 metre “.
He didn't know I believe I moved that post from a thread he started on ..How far.
MBM

Took her out for an evening flight, strait into the sunset. She liked it and went further then ever before...10754 meters and back

IMG_1940.PNG IMG_1941.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: lolo780 and cwil193
Reactions: JB999
First: what was your battery config
Second: What voltage do you need to stay above because you flew a good 1500meters on 0% and couldn’t quite see your voltage.

Im using a 2200 mah @ 210 gr on this flight, getting a 3000mah yet lighter this coming week, we'll see what that brings...
Im still learning about the voltage levels, so i wouldnt know for sure, but I had a run the other day with over 3000 m on zero % on the reading. So the only thing that is certain is that the % telemetry is not accurate when running with external batteries.

Took her out for an evening flight, strait into the sunset. She liked it and went further then ever before...10754 meters and back

View attachment 37333 View attachment 37334

Man, you never cease to astonish us with these numbers! With the 3000 mah battery I think you will goal will change from a range test to a whether or not you can cross the continent or not :p

My battery mod should arrive soon. I wonder if litchi app would allow me to fly with a modded battery.

Reactions: JB999
Man, you never cease to astonish us with these numbers! With the 3000 mah battery I think you will goal will change from a range test to a whether or not you can cross the continent or not :p

My battery mod should arrive soon. I wonder if litchi app would allow me to fly with a modded battery.

Thanks !! Yeah we'll see what the bigger batteries will do...
I dont see why Litchi should not work, i dont think i will matter what app you use.
Cheers !!

Reactions: comthre3
I've been over 10km out and back on a lightened MP, stock battery. Battery mod more than doubles that range, but of course the MP/MPP is limited to 17.9km range from the RC.

Anyways I wanted to share a trick I use on the DJI batteries which keeps them always on. A removable jumper from the cell pack + to battery connector terminals which bypasses the smart on/off switch. This will lower the resistive losses slightly and more importantly prevent the stock battery from shutting off or flipping into charge mode when coming back near empty with external packs.

With jumper out the battery charges as normal, and the mAh reading in the app works fine as the shunt is on the negative side. (at least on the MP)

xWo32cf.jpg
Nice setup. Can you do a step by step guide on how to achieve that? I would like to try it on my Mavic Air.

KILLING IT. Range for me is hard because Oklahoma has 10-15mph winds EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Dont want to be that guy, but it is possible in those winds, this is my wind reading on the 11,8 km flight :
IMG_1954.JPG

You just need to make the most of the tailwind, stay low in the head wind (or go crosswind) AND do the math on when to turn and stick with it even if it is scary to go full speed into the headwind down to 30-32%. The other day i made close to 12000 m on 31% in a good tailwind.

Its much easier in no wind but that rarely happens in my corner of the world...[emoji41][emoji41]

Reactions: cwil193
It's been awhile. No one else wants to get on the leaderboard or is this just a lapse on new entries?
There are plenty of positions left! The MA has been out for over 6 months now.
Please post your best range Newbie's! Members on the board want to see your best!:D

I dropped off when modded birds became more prevalent. They are great feats but don’t represent the regular population.

Reactions: TroutboyNZ
I've been over 10km out and back on a lightened MP, stock battery. Battery mod more than doubles that range, but of course the MP/MPP is limited to 17.9km range from the RC.

Anyways I wanted to share a trick I use on the DJI batteries which keeps them always on. A removable jumper from the cell pack + to battery connector terminals which bypasses the smart on/off switch. This will lower the resistive losses slightly and more importantly prevent the stock battery from shutting off or flipping into charge mode when coming back near empty with external packs.

With jumper out the battery charges as normal, and the mAh reading in the app works fine as the shunt is on the negative side. (at least on the MP)

xWo32cf.jpg

What is the 17.9km range limit? How is it limited?

Just got my mod today, Waiting for the batteries. So do I install it the same way you have? leave the middle two connectors untouched and connect it to the other 4 on the sides?
Its not my pictures, but yes the module is installed the way shown, the third and fourth pin, both from left and right, are the ones where the mod is attached.

Just realised i have not posted my latest record flight, 12099 m (Total 24200 m)

IMG_1958.JPGIMG_1959.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569