DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107

Greenhornet

Reactions
Hi all thinking of getting 107 certified , so looking into books or some kind of material to study, what have you use in order to pass the test , thanks in advance

Bill

Last edited:
I’m doing remote pilot 101 very good. But still having a hard time with airspace. Hdr3 website has free practice tests i think that’s the right place they used to make drones.

I have a private pilot certificate and I still had trouble with some of the airspace questions. Even though I passed it made me study up even more on airspace though some of the situations eg military flight routes are not often encountered where I am.

so looking into books or some kind of material to study, what have you use in order to pass the test
You can find a list of commonly used FAA Part 107 study resources here.

Reactions: Thomas B
I am also doing the course study for Part 107 and struggling with the "airspace" component. My problem is a 70 year old brain! Not as spongy as it used to be!! But...soon as I pass 107, I'm going for fighter-pilot rating...snicker-snicker!!

Reactions: JimP Florida
I opted for a paid course. I chose Gold Seal UAV Ground School, they had a discount on the Phantom Pilots site a while back. While you can find all the material to study online, this was a course that presented it well and saved me the time of looking elsewhere. I passed on my first try with a 93%.

I have a private pilot certificate and I still had trouble with some of the airspace questions. Even though I passed it made me study up even more on airspace though some of the situations eg military flight routes are not often encountered where I am.

you do know if you are CURRENT on your Part 61 or other card, you can take the "Readers Digest" version of the Part 107 and do about half the work

Reactions: TR Ganey
I am also doing the course study for Part 107 and struggling with the "airspace" component. My problem is a 70 year old brain! Not as spongy as it used to be!! But...soon as I pass 107, I'm going for fighter-pilot rating...snicker-snicker!!

My brain such as it is, is also 70. Go for it. I’ll be your wing man.

Attachments

• 924CCAF1-D11D-4329-8966-B6F48E7F527D.jpeg
    924CCAF1-D11D-4329-8966-B6F48E7F527D.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Haha
you do know if you are CURRENT on your Part 61 or other card, you can take the "Readers Digest" version of the Part 107 and do about half the work

I am a LTA pilot and current. Spent 2hrs on computer reviewing material. Took multiple ans test at end. Needed 100% to pass. Had 2 wrong. The test allowed me to change wrong ans and I passed. Took more time to get a flight instructor to sing me off than to take test.

Hi all thinking of getting 107 certified , so looking into books or some kind of material to study, what have you use in order to pass the test , thanks in advance

Bill
just passed my test I watched the Tony Northrup Video which was Handy and also took a Udemy course .
I found reading the sectional charts to be the most challenging part of the test but I watched the videos a few times and passed on the first go round

Reactions: HVYMTL
I’d say it’s a lot less work than that, excluding all the time it took to get my instructor to do all the IACRA stuff. Course and test (which allows corrections, so you can’t really fail) took maybe an hour and a half. Of course, that’s also excluding the 2-3 hours of flight time I needed to get current since my BFR had just expired, but I needed to do that anyway.

Fighter pilot rating you only have to be aware of the country border lines all else is open :D

Some of the Part 107 threads I have seen and saved.

Billy Kyle – How I got my Part 107 - Youtube
Drone Pilot – ground school - $$ but good for a lifetime – Code "BILLYKYLE50" for $50 off”
Tony Northrup's – see below
It is not necessary to pay for a training service to pass 107 test. Use the following videos in conjunction with
the FAA material
Tony Northrup's - FREE Drone Certification Study Guide: FAA Part 107 sUAS Test – Youtube
Free FAA Part 107 Drone Test Study Guide - Answers and Explanations – Youtube
#006 - FAA Part 107 Test Prep and Study Guide for Drone Pilots - Youtube
Practice Part 107 Knowledge Test Webinar - Remote Pilot 101 - Youtube
FAA UAS / UAV Commercial Operations 107 - Youtube
Need Help On This TAF Report – part of 107 certification
FAA Part 107 testing – other links and thoughts
FAA part 107 prep discussion – Some free several $$
Part 107 study suggestions
And of course, the comprehensive list that our very own Msinger has compiled

Last edited:
My brain such as it is, is also 70. Go for it. I’ll be your wing man.
what's the exact struggle you're having ?
I only ask as I may be able to offer a few pointers or tricks around it .
I found that we get more bogged down than we need to and that a good understanding of reading the sectional charts really helped out

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21