DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommendation for Video Editing Software or App?

Take the patience to learn how to use DaVinci Resolve. There is a free version and is also used by some movie studios. There are plenty of YouTube videos on how to use it. I finally edited my first drone vid from start to finish using only Resolve. I used to use Windows Movie Maker in conjunction with Resolve, but now that I have learned the editing features, the quality of the final product is so much better!

Reactions: plee
I'm a professional I use Premiere Pro. I will say that I use it now because I have been using it for 14 years. I'm sure there are better options but for me I can do everything I want in Premiere quick stuff for friends and family or productions for clients. My question to you would be what will you be using to edit. MAC, Windows, Tablet or mobile. That is probably the biggest question. I use Windows and have a lightening fast laptop and a purpose built editing desktop which is why I can cut through 4k footage like butter. If you don't have a quick editing solution keep it simple.

Hi m0j0,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I am using Windows on my desktop but I am a newbie to this scene as I have never used. You are way beyond me. I need something simple, easy and user friendly. I am looking into Wondershare Filmora at the moment to start out with. Perhaps from there, I can get an ideal of what it is like and what it takes to put a good video together and move on to a more advance program .. Again, thanks for your thoughts.

Perry

Take the patience to learn how to use DaVinci Resolve. There is a free version and is also used by some movie studios. There are plenty of YouTube videos on how to use it. I finally edited my first drone vid from start to finish using only Resolve. I used to use Windows Movie Maker in conjunction with Resolve, but now that I have learned the editing features, the quality of the final product is so much better!

Hi Bigfootbuilt,

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. I'll take a look at DaVinci Resolve. I'll put it down on my list. I just started looking into something I think is very simple called Wondershare Filmora as I am a total newbie. As you have used Movie Maker in the past, I can tell you have experience. I'm starting from scratch but will check into the DaVinci Resolve as I move up to better programs. Thanks again for your suggestion .. :)

Perry

I am a Windows user but find that iMovie on my iPad is excellent for editing ands producing videos. It is not entirely intuitive but with a little practice it is very useful and means that videos can be edited and produced on the hoof and even dropped onto my website.

Hi Paul48,

Currently I am doing stuff on my desktop as I have a 52" TV I use as a monitor. The only iPad I have is a second generation .. hahaha .. from way back. I would imagine that probably would not do. But thanks for sharing your thoughts and although I am considering going back to the Mac, I will put it on my list .. Thanks again.

Perry

I agree with Darren6270, I have been using Lumafsion now for about two months and it is really good and the "help desk" is very quick in response. In Switzerland it's about CHF 20 and in my opinion well worth it.

Hi Harryw,

Thanks for your comment. I'll put it on my list and check it out and let you guys know how it goes. :)

Perry

Hi m0j0,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I am using Windows on my desktop but I am a newbie to this scene as I have never used. You are way beyond me. I need something simple, easy and user friendly. I am looking into Wondershare Filmora at the moment to start out with. Perhaps from there, I can get an ideal of what it is like and what it takes to put a good video together and move on to a more advance program .. Again, thanks for your thoughts.

Perry

That's where it starts... good luck. Seems like you have a good attitude and you appear to be researching all angles. Another method is to determine not where you are.. skill wise , but where you want to be . Then get the application that will accomplish that goaland learn it. You could learn basic editing by using on online course. Through a website like Linda.com. You could learn enough to be decent in a weekend.

Reactions: plee
Lumafusion on IOS is great. And Videograde for editing and grading on the go

Hi Darren6270,

Thanks for your suggestion but I am using Windows at the moment. I am considering picking up a Mac. I'll put it on my list for future considerations .. Thanks again .. :)

Perry

That's where it starts... good luck. Seems like you have a good attitude and you appear to be researching all angles. Another method is to determine not where you are.. skill wise , but where you want to be . Then get the application that will accomplish that goaland learn it. You could learn basic editing by using on online course. Through a website like Linda.com. You could learn enough to be decent in a weekend.

Hi m0j0,

Very nice. Good thought regarding where I want to end up .. but knowing myself, I need to start with baby steps otherwise, I may get frustrated and drop it all together .. hahaha. But thanks for the suggestion regarding Linda.com. That sounds like something I could definitely use and will check out. Thanks again, you have been very kind and helpful ... :)

Perry

Thanks everyone for your tips and suggestions. I have settled on starting with Wondershare Filmora just to get my feet wet. Seems like a pretty basic and easy program to use. Thanks again all.

Perry

Lumafusion on IOS is great. And Videograde for editing and grading on the go
Given you mentioned IOS, have you also used iMovie? I've used iMovie for its ease of use and have recently purchased Lumafusion. But after a few tries it seems quite a bit like iMovie. I'm curios to know what anyone thinks who have used both what Lumafusion has that iMovie doesn't. Not saying one is better, just curios

I'm a professional I use Premiere Pro. I will say that I use it now because I have been using it for 14 years. I'm sure there are better options but for me I can do everything I want in Premiere quick stuff for friends and family or productions for clients. My question to you would be what will you be using to edit. MAC, Windows, Tablet or mobile. That is probably the biggest question. I use Windows and have a lightening fast laptop and a purpose built editing desktop which is why I can cut through 4k footage like butter. If you don't have a quick editing solution keep it simple.

Can you recomend a mobile app??

Thanks for your help!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929