DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Since when does National Trust Own Airspace?

Ikopta

Reactions
National Trust look after many UK Landmarks, since when do they get to control the airspace?

Reactions: BigEegit
They don’t thats CAA. They can restrict permission from taking off on their land as land owners or management authority

NT own large sections of the UK coastline,Dorset etc, and other large areas of land with no property on it. These places are little used by the public and most people are unaware that NT owns so much land.Just look at an OS map and you will see how much they own.
If there are no people about then I fly on these coastlines etc. I have only once been asked to stop by a warden who appeared from nowhere.
I agree NT do not own the airspace, but they do own the land and can prevent you from taking off and landing. A useful fact for coastlines is that the land below high water mark is usually Crown land, and you can legally take off and land here.
It may be that you can fly from a public footpath, but legally a public footpath only grants the right of passage and nothing else.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I have some sympathies with the National Trust. They have so many interesting and photogenic sites but have been caught on the hop by the sudden rise in drone users flying over their property. They'd be better off asking nicely rather than trying to make it sound like they can stop you. That's conning people and some will react very badly to that on principle.

No love for drone pilots. That's the benefit of having a craft that you can control from a distance. You can be two miles away get the shot without trespassing on land.

We feel your frustration here in the US.

We also have tens of thousands of acres off limits, for no reason other than "they say so".

Here's to hoping clearer minds prevail as time goes on.

I st
We feel your frustration here in the US.

We also have tens of thousands of acres off limits, for no reason other than "they say so".

Here's to hoping clearer minds prevail as time goes on.
I envy the vast areas of wilderness you have in your country. Comparatively the UK has so little open space

I st

I envy the vast areas of wilderness you have in your country. Comparatively the UK has so little open space
I get that. I prrobably shouldn't be complaining. But it is getting harder and harder to fly legally in those wilderness areas.
Odds are, if it's wild and beautiful here it's off limits!

I get that. I prrobably shouldn't be complaining. But it is getting harder and harder to fly legally in those wilderness areas.
Odds are, if it's wild and beautiful here it's off limits!
I understand your pain. It does feel like the places to fly are getting fewer and further between. Hopefully it won't come to the point where we won't be allowed to shoot videos from a moving drone, and all we will be able to do is a straight up in the air launch, grab a couple of still shots, then land again

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78