DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SUPER proud of this

Hi Ross
Yes he had several video issues, but I really liked what he was trying to achieve. When I look at the style you use I think it could be applied to make a much more cinematic version. Yes it would need some more footage of you taking iit out of the small bag and unfolding it and putting it on spot from your original video. Some footage of the Mavic hovering close in and making a nice slow rotation and then bolting out in Sports mode framed from the side in slow motion picking up the rise of the backs angle. Then maybe fast edit in at real speed.

The landing after editing in your Bay footage could be a full speed return catching the full breaking angle bring her right to a stop over the landing pad. A switch to tripod mode and a little slow turn to face the camera and a gimbal nod to look down then up and then down followed by a landing and you picking it up looking at it with a bit of awe and then folding it up and putting it back in the bag. Maybe a DJI Mavic logo as the finish.

That's just my half witted idea, I would love to see what you and your brother could come up with, if the idea interest you.

Rob
Oh I see what you're saying!
Yeah I'm already collecting more footage, so I'll keep those ideas in mind when I put together the next one.
Thanks!
-Ross

Cool, I look forward to it.

Rob

Seattle - Elliot Bay

This is the final edit of a video I posted earlier asking about legality.
Sorry for those of you who have already seen it!

If you have ANY feedback/questions I'd love to hear it!
I love being a part of this community.
Happy flying!
-Ross
Stunning video. I have a couple of questions, first how did you get approval from the multitude of helicopter, seaplane and Renton airports? Second, was that beautiful post sunset scene with the freighter done within the 30 minute window of sunset and did you have anticollision lighting? The FAA rules are often confusing and I am unclear about a lot of it. I am hesitant to fly in many areas because of the confusion about regulations. Any help is appreciated.

Stunning video. I have a couple of questions, first how did you get approval from the multitude of helicopter, seaplane and Renton airports? Second, was that beautiful post sunset scene with the freighter done within the 30 minute window of sunset and did you have anticollision lighting? The FAA rules are often confusing and I am unclear about a lot of it. I am hesitant to fly in many areas because of the confusion about regulations. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Bill! thanks for the questions.
To address the concerns about FAA legality:
I like to follow the rules as often as possible, but sometimes I don't.
I fly with common sense in mind, never above 400 feet, never when I hear planes in the sky, never above crowds of people, I've only operated from one Seattle park, and there are never people there and it's a total of 500 square feet.

Yes to the 30 minute window, and yes to anti collision lighting.
I would get the "airmap" app to be sure of where safe places are to fly, and keep in mind most of the seaplane/heliports are "advisories" not "strictly regulated"

Keep asking away!

-Ross

Fantastic footage Ross! I have been in Seattle for two weeks a couple of years ago, and reslly fell in love with that place. Good to seeing it portrayed so well!
Looking forward to your next movie!
Cheers,
-Joost-

Reactions: rossmoney
Very nicely done... fanfreakintastic from beginning to end. Thumbswayup

****, you're good. Simplicity of shots and perfect choice of moment at its best.
Mavic has pro in its name and I'm telling you - the same goes for your skills.
If you don't have years of experience in cinematography, that means you are seriously gifted.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony