DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro Surfers in North Carolina

billem16

Reactions
Do you think the quality is good? I do 99% videography, but I liked the look of this so much that I switched to camera mode to snap a few. I set it as my iMac wallpaper, and I love it... but I wonder if my quality isn't as good as it should be? The surfers are a little bit blurry, maybe because they are so small. Let me know what you think! Surf-1.jpg

I agree , this is a little soft, does not have that pop, what was this shot with ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.

Isn't it a bit cold to be surfing in NC right now??

It's an interesting image with a good composition and placement of the surfers, especially the one "on the wave".
But it lacks "pop" as mentioned above, and I think it needs cropping to draw focus to the important parts.
I hope you don't mind that I did a little quick and dirty editing to show what I mean. This is of course done to my personal taste.
If you do not like that I edit your photo I will of course delete it.

Mavicpilots_edit.jpg

Reactions: billem16 and A.O.
Nice photo, and it is clear that the wave is breaking along the sand shelf. A closer approach will give you a sharper image of the surfer, but their motion would contribute more blur the closer you get.

Do you think the quality is good? I do 99% videography, but I liked the look of this so much that I switched to camera mode to snap a few. I set it as my iMac wallpaper, and I love it... but I wonder if my quality isn't as good as it should be? The surfers are a little bit blurry, maybe because they are so small. Let me know what you think! View attachment 125798

Since a pic - maybe crop it some to make the surfers look bigger / closer.

For good ones, you'd need to be about 50-100 feet above them max.

It's an interesting image with a good composition and placement of the surfers, especially the one "on the wave".
But it lacks "pop" as mentioned above, and I think it needs cropping to draw focus to the important parts.
I hope you don't mind that I did a little quick and dirty editing to show what I mean. This is of course done to my personal taste.
If you do not like that I edit your photo I will of course delete it.

View attachment 125817
thanks that definitely adds some pop for sure! I need to learn how to edit in Adobe Lightroom. Impressive!

Since a pic - maybe crop it some to make the surfers look bigger / closer.

For good ones, you'd need to be about 50-100 feet above them max.
Gotcha! I guess the reason I didn't crop it was because I thought if I cropped-in, it would lose some resolution and make it a lower quality image. But maybe I needed to have my drone lower in the first place

Isn't it a bit cold to be surfing in NC right now??
haha it definitely is a bit cold, but people who love surfing wear wetsuits in the winter and actually enjoy it more than summer because there aren't millions of kids and families in the water to avoid while surfing

Reactions: A.O.
haha it definitely is a bit cold, but people who love surfing wear wetsuits in the winter and actually enjoy it more than summer because there aren't millions of kids and families in the water to avoid while surfing
Yeah, I can understand that!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manu Gopinath