DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Torbay, DEVON

Tony O

Reactions
Hi.

Are there any flyers who know of and use suitable 'practice' areas in and around Brixham, Torqay and Paignton?

Cheers

Tony O

Broadsands area is quite good, but can still get busy later in the day.

White Rock football field but only when they are not playing a match!!

Any of the beaches at low tide give you plenty of room to practice but best in the early morning when there is no one around.

Hi. Thanks.

Broadsands sounds OK. It's a big enough area and NATS Drone Assist doesn't log it as a no go spot.

With Dartmoor and any National Trust coastal areas out of bounds, does anyone have any suggestions as to fly areas around Torbay?

With Dartmoor and any National Trust coastal areas out of bounds, does anyone have any suggestions as to fly areas around Torbay?

It's Dartmoor common land that is no go, you need to find a land owner and get permission, you will find most are happy to chat.

It's Dartmoor common land that is no go, you need to find a land owner and get permission, you will find most are happy to chat.

With this in mind, I'm looking for local possibilities. Thanks for the pointer.

Are you local to Torbay sandiego?

Paignton

Bought my Mavic nearly a year ago but job suddenly took me to Europe. Now I am back ( no, I wasn't in jail !! ) I am looking for some venues. Really wanted to fly Dartmoor but I gather they are very strict now.

Paignton

Bought my Mavic nearly a year ago but job suddenly took me to Europe. Now I am back ( no, I wasn't in jail !! ) I am looking for some venues. Really wanted to fly Dartmoor but I gather they are very strict now.
Hi

My thoughts are that maybe we could meet up? I'm 65 and in Paignton. I'm looking to get a Mavic and am hanging on until I find out which to buy and a safe place to learn to fly. I have a couple of irons in the fire on the latter.

Tony

I think with the weather at the moment there won't be any flying for a while :)

Hi

My thoughts are that maybe we could meet up? I'm 65 and in Paignton. I'm looking to get a Mavic and am hanging on until I find out which to buy and a safe place to learn to fly. I have a couple of irons in the fire on the latter.

Tony

Hi Tony
We are of the same age group and I would like to keep in touch.

I am very busy at the moment and at the same time watching and reading everything I can on the Mavic Pro. I can recommend the beast but there is a steep learning curve.

When the weather is a bit better I would like to meet up somewhere and go flying!
Unfortunately the same problem keeps coming up....where to fly (safely and legally) down here?

Hi Tony
We are of the same age group and I would like to keep in touch.

I am very busy at the moment and at the same time watching and reading everything I can on the Mavic Pro. I can recommend the beast but there is a steep learning curve.

When the weather is a bit better I would like to meet up somewhere and go flying!
Unfortunately the same problem keeps coming up....where to fly (safely and legally) down here?

Hi.

It has already occurred to me that the learning curve is steep. I have also spent a lot of time on YT looking at videos of the experienced operators - mostly from the USA. They make it look so easy. However, that they have three or four of these beasts and sometimes many more reflects on their experience.

I have already commented that I haven't taken the plunge and purchased anything other that a Micro Drone 3 a year or so ago. The thought of having a GPS 'stable' flying machine sounds great but I have little doubt there is more to it that that.

I have down loaded the NATS Drone Assist as to suggestions where flying might be possible. I have a friend trying to ascertain if I can use a private field to begin with.

That's where I'm at at the moment and given the poor weather, chatting over a beer seems the best option :)

Regards

Tony

Hi guys i am 52 and live in paignton,i normally go to goodrington beach around 7am,its mainly desserted at that time untill dogwalkers arrive at 8ish,even then most people are interested rather than annoyed.

Hi Tzonny

Chances are, people would be like that. Now, if you were flying aircraft or helicopters, I would expect problems. I saw someone last year with a quad on Paignton sea front at about 7pm. There were a few people about but, other than me, no-one batted an eyelid. This flyer said it was his first time out - ever. It was over the sand looking inwards.

Unfortunately, I work mornings every day so a morning session anywhere would not be possible.

Tony

Hi tony thats a shame,i did find a massive field next to the velodrome that i did my first 110m high flight nobody around,its behind clennon valley,again nobody around and handy to park a pay a pound and fly,a man walking his dog the other day remarked how quiet the mavic was too the one his neighbour was buzzing over his house all the timeits that type of behaviour that gives us all a bad name.
Anyway why are you working on sunday morning a 7am

Reactions: BrianTM
We have a guest house - breakfast every morning.

I, too, have thought about the field behind the velopark. If you're in the middle and keep your eyes open, I don't see a problem if you fly safely. NATS Drone Assist only shows it as a caution zone.

We have a guest house - breakfast every morning.

I, too, have thought about the field behind the velopark. If you're in the middle and keep your eyes open, I don't see a problem if you fly safely. NATS Drone Assist only shows it as a caution zone.

Ah that explains the sunday mornings.i stood on the path and flew towards the trees on the other side,it may be different in the smmer as the field was water logged which i expect keeps the walkers away at the moment so i only saw one person,just stay well clear of the houses.

Hello everyone I am a newbie and live in Brixham. Looking at buying a DJI 4 Pro. Doing some research and wanting to stay legal I wondered where the best spots are in Torbay to fly a drone? Is there a local club or perhaps regular meet where drone flyers in the bay get together?

Reactions: BrianTM
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR