DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travel with Lipo batteries advice

jag32266

Reactions
On the TSA blog there is some dated material that is still referenced by the current TSA blog- Travel Tips Tuesday: Safely Packing Batteries for Your Trip

and the info contained in the PDF file is prolly just as current meaning- if they haven't changed it etc. Might want to consider printing and traveling with this info as it comes FROM TSA. Not all screeners will know this.

Attachments

• Airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf
    551.1 KB · Views: 47
I flew with my mavic in October. My camera bag came on board with me and no issues at all coming through security.

Same here. I carried my mavic with extra battery on plane with no problem. Your not supposed to put lipos in checked luggage.

I don't remember where it was but I also read that they would like the charge state to be 30% or less but that doesn't seem to be spelled out in that battery info sheet.

Hi Steven, to whom do you speak when you mention "they"? Airlines or TSA? AFAIK, neither has the equipment to che k for this. To me a mute point. And I've never read that anywhere- former airport employees here.

TSA Precheck, no issues with a properly packed MPP; 3 spare w/ terminals covers, w/ one attached to the AC, Titan modded RC, Atlas Signal Booster, Crystal Sky 5.5” w 2 batteries, GoPro 6 w/ 2 extra batteries, AQI Reader, and multiple cables/accessories.

It went straight through, and I flew domestically.

On the TSA blog there is some dated material that is still referenced by the current TSA blog- Travel Tips Tuesday: Safely Packing Batteries for Your Trip

and the info contained in the PDF file is prolly just as current meaning- if they haven't changed it etc. Might want to consider printing and traveling with this info as it comes FROM TSA. Not all screeners will know this.

Thanks so much!! I just went to their website, this is still current!! Printed and in my suitcase!! Thanks again!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000