DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unsafe Mavic 2 Parallel Charging Hub

Received the “new & improved” version of Fstop Labs Mavic 2 Battery Charger.

Good news is that this newer version doesn’t have the overheating problem nor does it cycle on/off during charging.

Here are the not so good news: It still gets hot, 120 deg F (vs. 146 deg F). They reduced the charging amperage to solve the overheating problem. The MP2 charging went from 4.5A to 4.0A (11% reduction), the USB charging went from 2A to 1A (50% reduction).

The load is same as last time: 3 Mavic 2 batteries + RC + 10" Samsung tablet
USB down to 1A for a tablet is very disappointing. Fine for the remote I'm sure but not a big iPad:-(

It would have been better for the output to have been switchable. Normal (as in the new model) and boost/fast with appropriate warnings about temp as in the original. So if you are in a hurry you have the option.

USB down to 1A for a tablet is very disappointing. Fine for the remote I'm sure but not a big iPad:-(

It would have been better for the output to have been switchable. Normal (as in the new model) and boost/fast with appropriate warnings about temp as in the original. So if you are in a hurry you have the option.
I have a similar item on order via eBay. I'm pretty sure they are all made by the same company and just re-branded as they are all the same design.

I thought mine would be the "New Improved" version as it has a power switch just like the f-stops version 2.

In light of reduced output mentioned above I thought I'd check what I was getting. It's 2A USB and 4.5 battery - so it's the full fat version.

I'll see how it performs under full load when it arrives. Then consider updating the heatsink & fan if I think it's an issue.

I could always snap on a little USB fan :)

Anyone with the New and Improved FStop Labs Charger Amazon link?
It is not on amazon yet! We are still doing some testing and adjustment based on feedback! We did lower the current ratings a little 4.5-> 4.0A but it only impacts charge time at 3-5 minutes at most. Internally the heatsinks and components are beefed up as well.

Fstop: I received my replacement charger today, thank you for the prompt service. A quick check with two batteries seems to indicate the unit works as it should. The fan is quiet and so far with two batteries the case temp barely gets warm. I can live with a few minutes more charge time for the reduced current and heat.

I reboxed the original and it will go out UPS on Monday.

Excellent service as well as spectacular product support..thanks again.

KB

i have one of these for the mavic 2 pro yes it does get a little warm but not hot, i stuck some rubber feet on the bottom to raise it of the floor a bit, been using it now a month with no issues at all, using all the charging points for batteries and tablets, i had the same charger for the mavic 1 to, would defiantly recommend it.

For anyone who has the 6 in 1, do you have access to a volt/multi-meter/and what voltages are you seeing across each charging channel?

In my case I found ports 1-2 only measuring 17.45v and 3-4 measuring 17.55v. It should be reading 17.60v

As a test I charged one battery with port 1 and was only seeing about 3450mAh via Litchi. I then compared same battery charged via stock charger and was seeing 3750mAh (capacity can be seen in litchi). This of course will result in slightly shorter flight times due to the battery being undercharged (by around 5-10% it seems). In both cases battery was reporting as "100%" but the cell voltage and capacity was lower with the aftermarket charger.

My Yx blue charger for Mavic 2 has stopped after less than 5 uses. Output voltage measured at 17.6V. Green led turns red, fan starts, the within a few seconds it stops charging with the red led returning to green and then the fan stops.

Have put in a returns claim with Amazon UK.

My Yx blue charger for Mavic 2 has stopped after less than 5 uses. Output voltage measured at 17.6V. Green led turns red, fan starts, the within a few seconds it stops charging with the red led returning to green and then the fan stops.

Have put in a returns claim with Amazon UK.
Which one do you have? The new or old revision? New one has a toggle switch.

@fstop.labs

I had originally purchased the fstop labs 3 battery and 2 USB charger and was happy with it. My only complaint was I thought it should of had a power switch. I was happy to see the 4 battery version become available and it arrived yesterday. I planned on flying today so I decided to try out the new 4 battery charger.

NOT HAPPY!! I plugged the batteries into the charger, plugged the charger into the power and turned the switch on. All the batteries started blinking (no LEDs on the charger :( ). About 5 minutes into the charge cycle I heard a pop and all the batteries stopped blinking and now my room smells like burned electronics! The charger was also very warm. It took from October 8th until yesterday to receive it and it could have started a fire (I know to never leave charging batteries unattended). I was going to return the 3 battery one when the 4 battery one arrived, I guess that is not going to happen! Very dissapointed in this product. I am very happy with the 3 battery charger and the 2 battery car charger also seems to work well? In order to charge the 4 batteries I am using the 3 battery charger and the factory DJI single charger.

IMG-20181101-082321574.jpg

Which one do you have? The new or old revision? New one has a toggle switch.
Mine does not have an on off switch. When it worked it never got excessively hot. I only used about 3 maybe 5 times and it never got excessively hot, unlike some who stated the one without a on off switch got very hot.

Well, that might be the reason that DJI charger charges in sequence despite of room for 4.

Well, that might be the reason that DJI charger charges in sequence despite of room for 4.
No thats because its only an 80w power supply. It would take literally 5hrs to charge all 4 batteries in parallel. The aftermarket chargers are 180-240w power supplies.

5 or 6. It takes about 90min per battery so x4 it already takes 6hr in sequence.

Why the stock charger wasn't at least 100W I don't know, considering what we're paying for the M2.

I got the one from Fstop Labs for the Mavic 2, ordered on Oct 7th. Recently used it to charge 3 batteries at the same time. It does get very hot, but did not shut off. The fan was running, but I felt like it needed more. It was in an air-conditioned room. Not sure how it would have fared outside in warm weather. Anyone else have new info on these?

With the few reports similar to mine and a few posts of the 4 battery newer model not working or stopping working I opted to return for a full refund!

I am happy with the 3 battery 120 volt charger and the 2 battery car charger. I will update if that changes.

It took 3 weeks to receive the 4 battery charger and fstop refunded me $5.00 for the trouble. When I posted yesterday about the issue with the 4 battery charger I had already messaged them about the issue and added my name and address and included my email to make sure they could find my order. So in their 3rd message I get asked for my name and address and order number (that same order they refunded $5.00 for the 3 week delivery time). In the end they offered either a replacement or refund. I opted for the refund.

My suggestion to fstop and their customer service (this goes for DJI and many others). Please read our emails before sending replies asking the same questions over and over again? Just a thought. In the end they did the right thing. I also believe there are issues with the new chargers. I hope they fix it before it ruins an expensive battery or causes a fire.

I purchased the new version with the switch on the back. However, within 8 minutes of starting to charge 2 x Mavic 2 Pro batteries and the remote, it went up in smoke with a loud phhhuttt! noise and burning smell. My batteries and remote survived but the charger didn’t.

Had to get eBay involved to get my money back as the seller was just delaying my refund. These don’t feel safe in my opinion. I think I will stick to the official charger.

The faulty component seems like a large power resister or something. See photo.

View attachment 52090

View attachment 52091

I found something strange with mine, when 4 batteries are charging, if I connect two controllers the RC's start flashing on/off while charging via USB. No problem with 1x RC but I suspect (at least mine) may have issues running fully loaded. Its drawing about ~290w with 4x batteries and 1x RC charging.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCaffs10778