DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which editing software are you using?

• Total voters

UAV Man

Reactions
To try and get an idea of the best editing suites out there I wanted to understand which is the most popular. So please answer the POLL and give feedback as to why you have chosen the specific software and any advice you wish to share.

Last edited:
We've always used Premiere as we are all very familiar with the Adobe Suite and once you understand the Adobe environment in another program such as Photoshop, Lightroom or Illustrator you can easily move into Premiere. Premiere can be a bit overwhelming if you're not familiar with editing and have never interacted with the Adobe environment. Final Cut is a great program as well, very straightforward and allows for more advanced features as you become comfortable.

I am voting for Other.

"Best" is too subjective a word. Technically, the "Best" editing software is the one the user already knows how to use. Maybe a better title would be "What software are you planning on using." I hate using the word "best" when it comes to this stuff. It is really "Best for me".

I dont know Premier, so even if it is a very powerful piece of software, I will never get the best results from it over the software I currently use and know, Sony Movie Studio 13 (Consumer version of Vegas). Though, for simple color grading, I use the free DaVinci Resolve (if I am passing the footage to our editor using the full DaVinci suite.) or Sony Catalyst Browser.

If I am working on a Mac, it is FCPX. But only because I know it. If I didn't, I would probably use iMovie.

What software is free and good? This will be my first drone and want to start editing my videos for personal use. Thanks

I am using Davinci Resolve 12.5. It is a full featured editing suite, takes advantage of multiple monitors, edits 4k, has great color correction, allows for LUTs and other plug-ins. Available on Mac, Windows, and Linux. Oh, and did I mention it is free? My only issue, doesn't do MP3 audio, but that is easily fixed with a quick conversion via Audacity.

What software is free and good? This will be my first drone and want to start editing my videos for personal use. Thanks
I guess @MPPilot just answered that question ;)

Reactions: kameit00
Blackmagic Design: DaVinci Resolve 12 - Free, powerful, not the most user-friendly for new users. Personally, I have only used it to do color grading so far. Takes advantage of extra GPU's in the PC for very fast rendering (by comparison.) Oh, and Free

Sony Creative Software - Catalyst Browse 2016 - Free (I believe). Mostly just for color grading. Easy to use and manipulate. Good exporting capabilities.

Blackmagic Design: DaVinci Resolve 12 - Free, powerful, not the most user-friendly for new users. Personally, I have only used it to do color grading so far. Takes advantage of extra GPU's in the PC for very fast rendering (by comparison.) Oh, and Free
I agree that it may not be the most user friendly for new users, but everything I have wanted to do that I couldn't figure out I found on YouTube or the Ground Control website.

Never used Resolve myself.... may give it a shot. I split my time between Adobe CC suite and Final Cut Pro and Motion. Any ideas for best LUT for this birds cam? Or any suggestions, the tendency is to record FLAT and grade I believe.

I agree that it may not be the most user friendly for new users, but everything I have wanted to do that I couldn't figure out I found on YouTube or the Ground Control website.

Yeah, for those who want to. I am working more in it lately, since our editor uses the full Blackmagic suite. This way I can send my footage over to him easier and he doesnt have to make any changes. Everything is a learning experience.

Never used Resolve myself.... may give it a shot. I split my time between Adobe CC suite and Final Cut Pro and Motion. Any ideas for best LUT for this birds cam? Or any suggestions, the tendency is to record FLAT and grade I believe.

Yes, Flat and then grade. I havent found a LUT for the Mavic yet, but the guys at Cinema5D have a Phantom 4 LUT. Considering the 2 have the same sensor, it should be fairly spot on.

I downloaded black magic last night and boy was I lost I tried to edit a video from my dash cam and ended up making it look like it was recorded in 240p

now I just need to figure out where to add it to Resolve so I can use it.
Just chucked in on some Inspire X3 footage I had and seems okay....

What software does the smoothest transitions from video to video? I seen quite a few strong (bad) transitions and a few quite smooth ones (really well done) lately but I don't know what software is used in them!

I'm pretty sure its the user in most cases...

What software does the smoothest transitions from video to video? I seen quite a few strong (bad) transitions and a few quite smooth ones (really well done) lately but I don't know what software is used in them!

This is all based on user, not software. Bad transitions are lazy transitions - the user didn't want to put the time in to do them well. It happens.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada