DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the BEST range extender right now for Mavic 2 Zoom?

Stringfellow-Hawke

Reactions
I just picked up a Raptor XR & had installed but I do not notice a significant difference in range in my residential area... Someone mentioned a powered range extender that is the best one to use.. But no one can tell me the name of it or where to order it.. Any help would be appreciated! 20200304_165400.jpeg

In the past I have been very happy with this brand. Install is involved, but tutorial videos on the website are good.

Is the Alientech powered? What is the strongest one for the Mavic 2?

I'd say "no range extender" is what you need.

But if your money is burning a hole in your pocket and since you already have the 4hawks mod to the controller then consider this amplified system

I just picked up a Raptor XR & had installed but I do not notice a significant difference in range in my residential area... Someone mentioned a powered range extender that is the best one to use.. But no one can tell me the name of it or where to order it.. Any help would be appreciated! View attachment 95824
Just boost your existing Raptor XR.

Get two of these and a little power bank and it will increase your range substantially. Raptor XR is just an antenna, a really good one but still just an antenna.

A powered purpose built range extender is just an antenna (which you already have) and two amps probably not as good as these tucked in a housing with a battery pack built in. It might look prettier but no more functional and you’d be buying a component again that you again already own one of the nicer ones.

Sunhans eSunRC 5.8GHz 2000mW 33dBm Extender Compatible with DJI RC Drones

Reactions: DagDerniT
Just boost your existing Raptor XR.

Get two of these and a little power bank and it will increase your range substantially. Raptor XR is just an antenna, a really good one but still just an antenna.

A powered purpose built range extender is just an antenna (which you already have) and two amps probably not as good as these tucked in a housing with a battery pack built in. It might look prettier but no more functional and you’d be buying a component again that you again already own one of the nicer ones.

Sunhans eSunRC 5.8GHz 2000mW 33dBm Extender Compatible with DJI RC Drones

Interesting, so just one of these? where does the power come from? what else do i need so i have all components?

Interesting, so just one of these? where does the power come from? what else do i need so i have all components?
No you need two of those and the power comes from the USB power bank like this one

You don’t need this exact one in fact I didn’t look at it closely. it just needs two USB ports with 2A per port Some power banks say 2 amps but that’s only if you are using only one port, you need 2A on both ports!

You could actually use any 5v-16v 2a DC power source and the amps come with lots of different connectors.

Last edited:
So should buy 2 Sunhans eSunRC 5.8GHz boosters & hook one up per antenna port? Then the 2 batteries which will power the boosters? Any other wires or connectors required or do they come with the boosters? Is hookup easy?

So should buy 2 Sunhans eSunRC 5.8GHz boosters & hook one up per antenna port? Then the 2 batteries which will power the boosters? Any other wires or connectors required or do they come with the boosters? Is hookup easy?
Two Sunhans 5.8 boosters. One battery that has two ports that support 2A charging like the one I showed you above. You could use two batteries but that would be unnecessary amount of weight.

It comes with the cable connectors. It’s just like hooking up your antenna now only difference is your antenna will connect to the booster and the booster to your RC

Reactions: Stringfellow-Hawke
Wow ok thank you! Sounds like something I can setup easily.. I will order the 2 boosters & the battery... That being said, what type of range might this add in a residential area & how long will the battery last on average? Thanks

By the time you have bought the 2 sunhans and the battery and worked out how to mount it

It might be the same price to get a boosted solution using your 4hawks in a nicer form factor

The sunhans are 5.8ghz while the Command Case solution is 2.4ghz. 2.4ghz will give the longer range in principle

By the time you have bought the 2 sunhans and the battery and worked out how to mount it

It might be the same price to get a boosted solution using your 4hawks in a nicer form factor

The sunhans are 5.8ghz while the Command Case solution is 2.4ghz. 2.4ghz will give the longer range in principle
This would be a good option too. Looks like it’s out of stock and I would probably rather boost on 5.8 than 2.4 but this is a good option and yes it would look better.

Wow ok thank you! Sounds like something I can setup easily.. I will order the 2 boosters & the battery... That being said, what type of range might this add in a residential area & how long will the battery last on average? Thanks
It’s always hard to say the range increase but you could realistically expect on the order of 50% to 100% better range.

The battery pack I listed above is likely several days of flying and might be extreme overkill. You could do a smaller one and easily still get more than a day out of one charge. It doesn’t take a lot of power.

The 5.8ghz setup would be stronger plus yes the command case is out of stock... It's a decent option but I believe it's pricier... For the setup we were discussing I was probably going to order.. I was thinking of securing the battery & both boosters on the back of the 4hawks with velcro... Will the battery last a few flights powering those dual transmitters?

The 5.8ghz setup would be stronger plus yes the command case is out of stock... It's a decent option but I believe it's pricier... For the setup we were discussing I was probably going to order.. I was thinking of securing the battery & both boosters on the back of the 4hawks with velcro... Will the battery last a few flights powering those dual transmitters?

2.4ghz is definitely better for range than 5.8ghz. 5.8ghz might be more useful in a wi-fi dense urban environment but 2.4ghz is better at penetrating objects like trees etc.

Reactions: bumper
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan