DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

with Polar Pro Filters get "Aircraft motor overloaded, check whether gimbal clamp is removed"

Kentster

Reactions
Just received my Polar Pro 3 pack filters, 8ND, 16ND and Polarizer.

Put on 8 ND filter and fired up Mavic Pro which has been flying and videoing great up til now.
Got error " Aircraft motor overloaded, check whether gimbal clamp is removed"

Hmm. Powered down.
took filter off.
Powered up. AOK. Flies and videos fine.
Powered down, Added filter again making sure it was on all the way
Tip - When installing, leave the sleeve on to help support the gimbal).
Powered up - same error.
"Aircraft motor overloaded, check whether gimbal clamp is removed"

Any body have ideas here?

Did you buy the Cinema Series? It's the new version for the Mavic and can be installed before the Mavic is powered up with no gimble issues.

Other posts in this forum say that if you contact PolarPro, they will exchange what you apparently have for the new ones that do work without gimbal issues.

Ok. hmm. these are "brand new" ones I just received last Friday from Polar Pro

UPDATE - I have the "new" 3 pack which I bought online direct from Polar Pro. I tried them again before and after startup. Just too hard to press on. I have contacted Polar Pro and am returning and trying another brand called PGY. will be a while til I receive them tho.

Ok. hmm. these are "brand new" ones I just received last Friday from Polar Pro

I have the same issue. Contacted PolarPro and they requested photos of the filter installed on the drone. Once that was done they have agreed to replace them with a thinner and assuming lighter weight version that they have for situations such as this. They stated it was an issue for about 2% of Mavic Pro owners.

Had same issue then googled how to install Mavic camera filters on YouTube. Problem solved!

I have been using the PGY filters with good success. no issues. have ND4,8,16,32 and UV. mostly using 8, 16 in spring and they work fine. Also bought the DJI filters which seem to work just fine also. Polar Pro probably has fixed their issue by now.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun