DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you interested in delivering food and drinks with your drone for cash?

At Zing, we're developing a peer to peer delivery system that connects any two people using a DJI drone, the Zing app, and the Zing delivery box.

We launched a Kickstarter to improve our iOS app's features and functionality, develop an Android app, and improve Zing delivery box production through contract manufacturing.

Kickstarter Link

We envision a future where the everyday drone pilot can make deliveries around their community with the same drones they have been using for photography. Whether it’s a cup of sugar to the neighbor down the road, a tool across the farm, a part from one factory building to another, or any number of use cases where it’s more convenient or effective to send a small item by drone. Current drones have both the physical and technological capabilities to do this. We are building Zing for the everyday drone pilot to facilitate these point to point deliveries using the drones they already have. We also hope to lay the ground work for eventual commercial deliveries that could enable more than 90,000 certified drone pilots to earn money using their own drones. To do all this, we have built a fully functional mobile app and delivery device for the world's most trusted drones, DJI's Mavic series. Zing's app allows drones to fly on autopilot and the Zing Delivery box is aerodynamic and lightweight.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-3.gif

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-5.gif

I foresee losing signal being a problem as soon as trees and houses are in the way as the Mavic gets low enough to land, then not being able to take off again.

This entire concept doesn’t seem to have been thought through.

Boy you've really poked the bear on this forum, kudos. While I agree with many of the comments about the hurdles you are/will face getting this off the ground (so to speak). I also applaud your efforts and ability to think out of the box. Keep working on perfecting your idea. I doubt those egomaniacs on Shark Tank would give it a second thought, but technology is shaping our future. It would be a shame if everyone was afraid to test the waters. Good Luck!

Reactions: ianannase
There are so obstacles to overcome I just don't see it being feasible at this moment in time or in the near future, we were supposed to be flying cars but were not.

Last edited:
At this point in time, I think it's going to require a lot more tech than what a Mavic can deal with. But tech is expanding. I fly at a NASA test facility that was once a Naval airbase and it gets used for a number of different types of vehicle testing. One is UPS testing driverless semi trucks. A slave truck operates via wireless communication to the master truck (which has a human driver) to follow feet behind the driven truck. They claim it to be a safer solution on the highways. YMMV

Kickstarter Project update: We have almost reached 50% pledged with 22 days to go. Please consider backing this project! By backing, you will be helping us to improve the iOS app, launch the Android app, and partner with a contract manufacturer for the delivery box. Backers also receive their own delivery box.

The Zing delivery box is aerodynamic and lightweight. Check out this video of it in flight!

Check us out on Instagram: @zinghq

Join the drone delivery revolution on Kickstarter

Kickstarter Project update: We have almost reached 50% pledged with 22 days to go. Please consider backing this project! By backing, you will be helping us to improve the iOS app, launch the Android app, and partner with a contract manufacturer for the delivery box. Backers also receive their own delivery box.

The Zing delivery box is aerodynamic and lightweight. Check out this video of it in flight!

Check us out on Instagram: @zinghq

Join the drone delivery revolution on Kickstarter

Great idea but current hobby style Drones aren’t reliable enough

Drone on.........

ZING, I’m in! I joined in on the Kickstarter several days ago. I was going to post the information here for others to try to get in while your project is just starting. We have a lot of hurdles to get through but when it happens (and it will happen) I’ll be glad I signed on. It’s such a small dollar amount to throw at a great idea, so let’s just say it doesn’t work out, it’s only $45-$50. We spend that buying fast door, or we can invest in 1 guys dream and hope that he works through the red tape and just like “Uber” he makes it happen. Like I said before I invested in it thru Kickstarter as I do a bunch of other projects, I just enjoy watching the little guy win and take a piece of the “American Dream”. Plus there are some really really cool ideas on Kickstarter. Good luck Zing I’m signed up thru the website and I installed your app. Hope it works out for you

Great idea but current hobby style Drones aren’t reliable enough

Drone on.........

Why do you think they are not reliable enough?

Not practical with current battery tech.

10 minutes of battery life with a payload at 35 mph will allow the drone to travel a total of 5.8 miles straight shot. That is being generous with the amount of battery drain from a lightweight payload!

ZING, I’m in! I joined in on the Kickstarter several days ago. I was going to post the information here for others to try to get in while your project is just starting. We have a lot of hurdles to get through but when it happens (and it will happen) I’ll be glad I signed on. It’s such a small dollar amount to throw at a great idea, so let’s just say it doesn’t work out, it’s only $45-$50. We spend that buying fast door, or we can invest in 1 guys dream and hope that he works through the red tape and just like “Uber” he makes it happen. Like I said before I invested in it thru Kickstarter as I do a bunch of other projects, I just enjoy watching the little guy win and take a piece of the “American Dream”. Plus there are some really really cool ideas on Kickstarter. Good luck Zing I’m signed up thru the website and I installed your app. Hope it works out for you

Thank you!

Reactions: Ken Nash
Weed delivery much more profitable and feasible .
Food delivery???? You will be out of business within 30 days.

When it is legal to do weed delivery - this WILL be the niche market for drones...along with a bag of Doritos? Little weight (an ounce or so - verified/repeat customers - likely to want their "product" on demand) make for an attractive drone delivery item.

Right now, although Washington State has legalized marijuana, the delivery is illegal. Seattle has tried a couple of times to get this passed and I suspect it will be happening soon. What a great way to start a proof of concept!!!!!

yea I looked at your kickstarter had to shut it off it was so bad, It shows nothing just an idea. Sorry I agree this is doomed.

yea I looked at your kickstarter had to shut it off it was so bad, It shows nothing just an idea. Sorry I agree this is doomed.

What about it was bad? Please elaborate so we can make it better.

And the upfront cash investment from those interested is...?

The company has been bootstrapped up to the point of this Kickstarter. This is the first time we are getting any outside investment. Why do you ask?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmy poole