DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji 4G dongles m3

thantzel

Reactions
Regarding the dongles 4G, may I buy 2 devices for connectivity or one only this with the module mounting kit in the Mavic 3??
I read that I have to buy another for rc pro.. is it true???

You need two 4G dongles, one for the Mavic 3 and one for the controller plus a harness to attach the dongle to the drone. The service isn't widely available though and not officially available in Europe, there is a longer thread here where is going to try it in New Zealand;

As others have rightly stated, don't waste your money on it, the dongles DO NOT work anywhere outside of China, DJI have locked these down as do with all their products, such a shame as the idea was sound, but the practicality as per usual for DJI was a failure for worldwide customers, **** them - DJI that is.

Reactions: thantzel
Works in Australia as well apparently
do you have some links or more info on Australian users.
I have yet to see someone that is successful and happy.
Im undecided whether to grab one or not

I can get the DJI 4G Dongle to work in the RC Pro, Data transfers are fine, can surf the net etc, but then when I install it on the Mavic 3 same SIM and dongle and then using RC-N1 after repairing it doesnt allow me to turn on the Enhanced option,
The reason I used the RC-N1 is because when I try and connect with the RC Pro without the dongle it fails to even get the enhanced connection on the screen, seems like it needs a pair of these paper weights, I mean dongles.
I even have an external antenna, figured there is an external antenna for the RC Pro so I should use one on the Mavic as well. The antenna Type is TS-5 but the CRC-9 is the same expect a little longer and slots straight in.
I get a solid Green light, checking with Telstra they said I am connected to 4G but no data transfer is happening. (probably because I cant turn on the slider)
It would appear that I may need a second one and try again with the RC Pro, so to put it simply it works for DJI RC Pro and unknown on the Mavic 3. Maybe it only works with RC Pro and Mavic 3 when they both have it installed? Just guessing here.

Last edited:
A little confused with what you are saying.
But if the point is that both rc pro and mavic need the dongle, then I believe this is true.D8FE9D61-8FA9-4B6A-9EC7-23481DFBE973.pngD94CFC85-3378-4721-8251-7BB19DF7B6F1.jpeg

Last edited:
A little confused with what you are saying.
But if the point is that both rc pro and mavic need the dongle, then I believe this is true.
I only have 1 dongle and concluded the following

4G Dongle in RC Pro only works fine for connecting to internet / all functions internet related.
4G Dongle on Mavic 3 and attempt to click on enhanced transmission with RC Pro screen statement complains that RC Pro doesnt have dongle
4G Dongle on Mavic 3 Green Light Connected to 4G network, using RC-N1 and tablet with 4G, but cant turn on enhanced transmission, says cant connect to 4G (despite carrier - Telstra saying they can see it has connected)

Thinking that
Possibly need 2 dongles, one for RC Pro and another for Mavic 3 in order to get the 4G working.

Ahh ok I understand now. I did think that a device on RC-N1 would work as a dongle but have no experience
I know the system “phones home” to dji so perhaps it can only happen with their dongles

Ahh ok I understand now. I did think that a device on RC-N1 would work as a dongle but have no experience
I know the system “phones home” to dji so perhaps it can only happen with their dongles
Actually everywhere I have seen examples of it in action it has always been with the RC-N1 and a Phone, DJI 4G dongle only on the Mavic 3.
So that why I tried that method, but it didnt work for me.
At worst I just simply keep this dongle for my RC Pro as it works inside the RC Pro.
At best I get a second dongle from somewhere and try it as a combination, dongle in the RC Pro and dongle on the Mavic 3.

Would be nice to be able to test with second dongle before purchasing

I have no hands on experience, but if you're using the cheap controller, and your device has a sim card, I think you only need the dongle on the drone

I have 2 of these and it does not work in New Zealand, Enhanced Transmission is turned off for us here, I can browse the internet as well on the RC Pro but it does not work on Enhanced Transmission.
Do you ever goto Australia? One guy said he got it to connect, but he never posted any drone video of flying with it. I'm interested in trying it here in the Philippines, but I also doubt it will work. But it would really be a game changer for me.

Do you ever goto Australia? One guy said he got it to connect, but he never posted any drone video of flying with it. I'm interested in trying it here in the Philippines, but I also doubt it will work. But it would really be a game changer for me.
It would be a game changer for all of us, and 4G support was a widely advertised feature when the drone was first sold in the United States! Nowhere was it disclosed that this capability would not be available in the United States!

Last edited:
Reactions: Suren and shb
I have a few mates that live there and confirm that they can/used to fly with the 4G dongle, even sent me a video showing them flying with enhanced transmission enabled.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have a few mates that live there and confirm that they can/used to fly with the 4G dongle, even sent me a video showing them flying with enhanced transmission enabled.
I can confirm that the 4G dongle works perfectly in Australia.
Also, I was chatting with you a while back about whether or not I'd need a 4G dongle in my RC Pro or if I'd just need to hotspot it...
Turns out you don't need a 4G dongle in the RC Pro and hot spotting it works just fine but I'm usually just sitting on the couch using my home wifi anyway :)

The 4G dongle is so much fun!

Also, I was chatting with you a while back about whether or not I'd need a 4G dongle in my RC Pro or if I'd just need to hotspot it...
Turns out you don't need a 4G dongle in the RC Pro and hot spotting it works just fine but I'm usually just sitting on the couch using my home wifi anyway :)

I'm confused. 4G cellular and wifi are two totally different things. Right? Do you need internet to use a cellular connection?

Last edited:
Reactions: AnzacJack

One thing we should try to find out, is why it works in some countries, like China and Australia, and not in other countries, like New Zealand.

It has something to do with how the cellular network allows or disallows the system to call home to China, i believe. I dont think it works on all of our networks. Ill try and purchase a couple of dongles in the new year and do some testing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan