DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro STEALTH Propellers - Master Airscrew Upgrade Premium Pack x4

I also just got a set yesterday. VERY impressed with how much quieter these props seem to be, even over the low noise DJI variant. Side note: Also emailed Master Airscrew, late last night, asking if there were any plans to make these for the Spark and got an email, first thing this morning, saying they are currently under developement and they hope to have them released soon! :D

I had props from Master Airscrew 30 years ago already on my fixed wings. Still have the scars on my fingers from hand starting. :) Very reputable brand if they still make them in the US. Not that I ever need a more silent or better prop than the originals, but if I would I'd buy from them.

Goddammit - mine have been grabbed by the Post Office here in the UK and I have £12.56 fee to pay before they will deliver them. The annoying thing is, £8 of that is a handling fee so the actual VAT and duty is probably only £4.56.

It is not the amount of the money that pi$$es me off but it is the %age of charges vs cost of the props. I regularly buy things from all over the world including the US at this kind of low value and have not had to pay any fees for a long time now.

So for the benefit of anyone else here who is thinking of getting a set, Mr Angry of Mayfair (I wish) is going to get to the bottom of this when I go to pick up the parcel tomorrow (my local sorting office still thinks it is the 1960's and so closes at 2pm). I am not blaming Master Airscrew but they are obviously marking the package in some way which triggers these charges as earlier in the thread another guy mentioned having to pay. There has to be a way to avoid this happening.

For personal use, VAT is not charged on imports from outside the EU that are valued under £36. If the item is subject to duty then if the value is under £630 a flat rate of 2.5% is charged. The props cost $21.79 & $9.99 USPS delivery charge = $31.78 = GBP £26 ish = 65p of Duty.

So this is what makes me mad - 65p turns into £12.56 just because of an inflexible attitude by our Post Office. If it was a B2B transaction then I understand everything has to be by the book but having to pay £12.56 charges on a hobby product that has a retail value of £17.50 is unreasonable imo.

There is also the issue of what must be many millions of pounds of imports coming in mainly from the Far East which are misdeclared and therefore no VAT and duty is charged. These goods are then sold online as grey imports mainly on a large shopping site and also on an auction site. A bona fide importer trying to compete has no chance as the amount of VAT and duty they pay when importing 'properly' is more than the profit that the small scale 'grey' importers are happy to make. The Post Office handles a lot of this traffic and if they put as much effort in stopping this practice as they do charging a hobby flyer then I would complain (a bit) less.

Just ordered a set of white ones, $35 with delivery, plus will be an extra $2 duty when arrives... now I just have to hope they arrive! I have a very poor record with incoming international.

@Storyline

Believe me, your jangled nerves will be soothed the first time you fly with those props. Be sure to unfold them before you try to take off. The hinge pins in mine were a little bit tighter than dji props and didn't want to unfold with centrifugal force at first.

Is there any gimbal vibration issues with these props without adjusting gain settings? (I have had issues with the Platinum Props...)

Seen a video on these props, vibration occurs when Mavic is idling on a table. The other brands including DJI low noise props didn’t vibrate on table during idle.

But in the air they are great, and they are a little heavier not much though.

Paul

Seen a video on these props, vibration occurs when Mavic is idling on a table. The other brands including DJI low noise props didn’t vibrate on table during idle.

But in the air they are great, and they are a little heavier not much though.

Paul

Can you link to that video?

Received my orange ones and just also ordered the white ones.
They are very well built, seem strong, and manufactured in the USA by a company that has been making props (airscrews) for decades. I don't find them any quieter than the low noise Mavic Pro Platinum props but they are as quite. Seems to increase responsiveness a little though most people may not notice. IMO they are as much or more durable than the OEM props although I can't prove it.

@Storyline

Believe me, your jangled nerves will be soothed the first time you fly with those props. Be sure to unfold them before you try to take off. The hinge pins in mine were a little bit tighter than dji props and didn't want to unfold with centrifugal force at first.
Yes you are right. All seems much better today. I have just tried them out and they do make a quieter, less aggressive type sound. It is absolutely gorgeous outside with a mild temperature and lovely autumnal light with the sun low in the sky.

There is one thing I will have to be careful of and that is that I nearly switched the Mavic on with the combined gimbal lock/cover in place. This is because I have a piece of ribbon attached to it and it is the exact same shade of orange as the props ! It used to stand out so obviously but just now I did not notice it.

The other good thing is the orange props do not stand out too much in the air. I was a bit worried that they would draw attention but it is still the grey air frame which is most noticeable.
House-small.jpg

Reactions: Trolleydodger
Just got mine...

Definitely quieter, slightly better performance too. I bought an orange set and a white set. Got stung for customs (an extra £15.91) - I’m not sure if that was the result of additional parcel weight or the purchase $ amount.

Either way, I’m happy and would definitely recommend them. The build quality is the best I’ve seen for aftermarket props. Image1539110356.779249.jpg

Weight?

Using digital kitchen scales, I’m showing 7 grams for stock, 8 grams with the Master Airscrew.

I never noticed any vibration or handling issues - the climb rate is like sport mode though (noticeably quicker).

Mike

Just got mine...

Definitely quieter, slightly better performance too. I bought an orange set and a white set. Got stung for customs (an extra £15.91) - I’m not sure if that was the result of additional parcel weight or the purchase $ amount.

Either way, I’m happy and would definitely recommend them. The build quality is the best I’ve seen for aftermarket props. View attachment 49487

I agree the quality seems outstanding. Here's a few comparison pictures.

DSC_0295.JPG

11.JPG

22.JPG

33.JPG

I’m Impressed! First and only aftermarket blades Ive used to be honest : I own an Inspire, Phantom and MPP.

THESE are quieter than the low noise DJI.
THESE are more responsive...produce negligible heat delta to the OEM low noise .
I’m ordering an orange set too!!

Thanks for this post...until they fail then it’s all you peeps fault !!!

SWEET!

Agree that they are a bit quieter than the DJI low noise props but they lack the little winglet on the end that these have. All modern aircraft seem to have them so they must alter the vortices that form there in some beneficial way.

The only downside I have noticed is that the extra width fouls my case slightly. No big deal and nothing that a few moments with a craft knife can't fix. EDIT - to save confusion - a few moments work on the PU foam - NOT the props ;)

Reactions: Jimmyk
Agreed. The only down is that the props are a wee bit wider ; when folded they have a slightly bigger footprint. I use the DJI fly more carry bag and these props make for a tighter fit.... too tight for my liking.

Reactions: Wilbur
Agree that they are a bit quieter than the DJI low noise props but they lack the little winglet on the end that these have. All modern aircraft seem to have them so they must alter the vortices that form there in some beneficial way.
My understanding is that the "winglet", as you called it, is designed to reduce the air disruption at the tip of the prop - which is supposed to reduce drag and noise. I'm surprised they didn't add to their design with that shape.

Is anyone seeing an increase in battery life with these - like you (supposedly) get with the DJI low-noise prop?

- Gary

I'm surprised they didn't add to their design with that shape.
- Gary
If you mean the DJI low noise aftermarket props then yes I thought exactly the same. They have a similar broader part near the hub, a different swept back tip and even a bit of go faster paint but no winglet. Very surprised they did not add it but assume they must have tried in the development phase so can only think it did not work for some reason.

Reactions: swill
How about overtorque? One issue with the wider prop is you may stress the motor as it is designed for a certain RPM range and torque. Note this does not neccesarily mean heat as a result, but torque stress as you are now flying outside of design. I'll hang back a bit and listen to any possible motor failures over time before I buy.

When you say orange and white is that a set of each ? I ordered just otrange and I think I paid a bit less. I used PayPal so maybe they will hit me with an extra charge. I don't know why I used them as I have often logged on and found an unexpected negative balance.
Also, if we both get hit with import charges which have a minimum amount and the props are as good as people say it may be worth a group buy to the UK.
Don't they sell in 2s? If they did and it was under £20, we could avoid tax by placing 2 orders...right?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661