DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dubai & UAE

Dan_L_E

Reactions
Hey guys,
Seems as though they have banned all drones which have cameras in the UAE for personal use.
Has this happened anywhere else?
So frustrating as the DJI salesman in the store said it's ok to fly bla bla bla, just do a course, but now seems there are heavy fines in place if you're caught flying anywhere with a camera attached...

Any other countries instilling the same laws?

Shame a few incidents globally have ruined it for everyone...

Where did you see that? As far as I know it's OK to fly in Dubai as long as you have done the necessary licensing and attended the course.

Hi

Reading that, permission from the authorities OR people you are filming, so for personal use with friends and family say camping in the desert or in the mountains that would be fine, just don't go down JBR and start tearing up the beach!! lol

This is true... anywhere worth going? Apart from Al Qudra?

I reckon we should start a meet up once a month, once the temp drops of course, share a bit of knowledge and banter, if there's an interest..

Hi

Reading that, permission from the authorities OR people you are filming, so for personal use with friends and family say camping in the desert or in the mountains that would be fine, just don't go down JBR and start tearing up the beach!! lol

hi there! planning a private safari trip to film friends in sharjah Do you think they can track a flying drone to see if i'm recording footage? it's a green zone and im registered in GCAA

Hi, I am transiting and visiting Dubai in 2 days time and moving off to another country to fly my Mavic Pro. I did not know about registering a permit. I am not flying my drone in Dubai.

what can I do now? Will there be an issue with the customs?

I know this thread a year back, just to update for the latest as per the UAE GCAA

This is the latest as of today from the UAE GCAA drone user manual

UNMANNED AIRCRAFT/DRONE USER MANUAL

● Your Drone must be registered before conducting any flying activities.
● Drone registered under your name is your responsibility.
● All UAE laws and regulations must be followed while operating the Drone.
● Manufacturers Operating manual must be followed for safe operation.
● Drone operations only allowed within the flying zones, not exceeding 400ft above sea level
● With no exceptions, No Drones are allowed to be operated near aircrafts, airports & helicopter landing sites.
● Also, Drone operation is not allowed above individuals, public and private & public properties or in a way which may endanger individuals or their properties.
● Ensure your Drone is operating within your line of sight. You must immediately land your Drone if you see or hear any aircraft or helicopter.
● Drone users are strictly prohibited from breaching others privacy. Failure to comply will lead to penalties stipulated in UAE law.
● Camera usage is only allowed in the flying zones. Drone users must not violate relevant UAE laws while using the camera.

Do we know if DCAA licence is still required?
Based on this article it seems that GCAA registration is sufficient for UAE residents.

That seems to be some private company trying to make money.
GCAA does not require such license.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi