DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

flying around downtown areas Mavic Pros

Reactions
Do Mavic Pros encounter remote sensor reception problems fling around a city environment (buildings, trees and power line environments) more than in the open country?..thank you in advance for your reply. James in Universal City.

Do you mean signal interference between controller and aircraft ?

If signal interference between controller and aircraft in city environment vs open country then yes definitely. City environment means more channel noise but also buildings blocking signal LOS. There is a "Channel" setting in WiFi page in the GO 4 app. Take a look while standing in the middle of a city street and compare it to open landscape.

Reactions: JAMES C PUCCIO
Ah ha.
M1P and MPP have pretty reliable Ocusync system, much better than any of the wifi signal drones.
The M2 drones have Ocusync 2, nd this is better again then original Ocusync.

These have a great range usually in wifi heavy urban areas, to within reason.
Neither Ocusync system will be able to maintain signal with a building in between the drone and controller though.
For signal LOS, that is as little in between drone and controller as possible, keeping higher as you go further away is a way to keep better signal.
Maintain clear LOS over buildings, terrain, trees etc, all can gradually dilute the signal if too much gets in the way.

"Channel" setting in WiFi page in the GO 4 app.

??
Not following this part.
I think the channel selections are automatic.
You don't mean flying in wifi mode using just a phone or other device do you ?
This is where you need to switch from regular mode to wifi mode, the little witch inside the side micro USB port.
Then you go into the WiFi settings screen on your device and search for the network, your wifi details are located on back of one of the front arms or under the battery.

I've never flown that way, only with the std controller.

Do Mavic Pros encounter remote sensor reception problems fling around a city environment (buildings, trees and power line environments) more than in the open country?..thank you in advance for your reply. James in Universal City.
The simple answer is Yes.However this is always qualified by the environment you are flying in. As no-one is sure how or where interference from, it is always wise to keep you visual line of site to minimise this. Autonomous Aerial Vehicles (Mavics are one) use GPS and have preprogrammed responses when P to P signal is lost, so make absolutely sure that this last line of defence is set correctly. i.e. height of the RTH, obstacle avoidance etc

Reactions: JAMES C PUCCIO
I think the channel selections are automatic.
You don't mean flying in wifi mode using just a phone or other device do you ?
This is where you need to switch from regular mode to wifi mode, the little witch inside the side micro USB port.
Then you go into the WiFi settings screen on your device and search for the network, your wifi details are located

Yes, thats the mode that I was thinking about. Then you have the image transmission channel options. Both have manual modes, at least from what I remember.

The simple answer is Yes.However this is always qualified by the environment you are flying in. As no-one is sure how or where interference from, it is always wise to keep you visual line of site to minimise this. Autonomous Aerial Vehicles (Mavics are one) use GPS and have preprogrammed responses when P to P signal is lost, so make absolutely sure that this last line of defence is set correctly. i.e. height of the RTH, obstacle avoidance etc.
Do you mean signal interference between controller and aircraft ?
thank you. good answer. clear, informative and sounds experienced.

If signal interference between controller and aircraft in city environment vs open country then yes definitely. City environment means more channel noise but also buildings blocking signal LOS. There is a "Channel" setting in WiFi page in the GO 4 app. Take a look while standing in the middle of a city street and compare it to open landscape.

Thank you Ajkari. Especially interesting was your reference to WiFi settings which I make sure I am always in WiFi mode all my devices. Now I understand that even in WiFi, the city features such as building, trees, power lines which obscure clean LOS operation is very much in play in city flying, thereby adversely affecting wifi remote to aircraft signal- something that it sounds like just does no happen with clear LOS operation in the country settings and out in open territory and nature.

Reactions: Ajkari
The simple answer is Yes.However this is always qualified by the environment you are flying in. As no-one is sure how or where interference from, it is always wise to keep you visual line of site to minimise this. Autonomous Aerial Vehicles (Mavics are one) use GPS and have preprogrammed responses when P to P signal is lost, so make absolutely sure that this last line of defence is set correctly. i.e. height of the RTH, obstacle avoidance etc
Good answer thank you ShadowCat. James in Universal City.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc