DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS locators

The best bet is usually to use find my drone built into DJI go 4. But of corse if the battery falls out it ain’t reliable no more... I’d hate putting an external one on because of weight and possible interference. That’s just me tho.

Are they recommended?
Highly recommended if you're going to be flying BVLOS or in locations where a crashed drone would be hard to find.

Ping? Anyone have any first hand experience with it.

I own a Ping. It's a good option if you want a GPS tracker (as opposed to the popular Marco Polo radio tracker). The accuracy has been dead on for me since the recent firmware/app update.

I own a Ping -- if that's what you're asking.

In case your bird goes down and you can't find it.

Are they recommended?

I use Samsung Smartthings tracker on mavic air. Under $100.00 at Best Buy includes 1st yr service then $50.00 a yr following yrs but only good in U.S. I think.IMG_20190129_155624541.jpg

Another option might be a "Tile". I am not sure if it would work, and I haven't tried them, but was thinking of buying a four pack to use with my RV.

I use a Trackimo on all my drones.. It logs into the 3g cellular network, and has a built in GPS. You can use their app or their website to see where the trackimo device is located. As long as you are operating within a cell cover area it works great.

The best bet is usually to use find my drone built into DJI go 4. But of corse if the battery falls out it ain’t reliable no more... I’d hate putting an external one on because of weight and possible interference. That’s just me tho.
I used to use Trackimo but since DJI go 4 introduced “find my drone“ I couldn’t see the point of getting any form of tracker as if the drone crashes or lands where it shouldn’t, “find my drone“ will tell you where it is and even if the battery fails you will be able to find where it was when the battery failed. Or have I totally misunderstood what “find my drone“ does!

With the ping cell service a must, I am in country, I could track bird everywhere while it was in the air so I felt comfortable, the one time I crash it wouldn't receive signal, was no help.IMG_20181011_170952305_HDR.jpeg

Reactions: mereflyer
I used to use Trackimo but since DJI go 4 introduced “find my drone“ I couldn’t see the point of getting any form of tracker as if the drone crashes or lands where it shouldn’t, “find my drone“ will tell you where it is and even if the battery fails you will be able to find where it was when the battery failed. Or have I totally misunderstood what “find my drone“ does!

Find my drone will only show you the last time it had connectivity with the remote. If the wind takes it away or you lose connectivity.. you’ll be like everyone else.. praying that SAR104 will help you..

Last edited:
Reactions: WAXMAN

Maybe I don’t understand Find My Drone but I believe that in the event of a fly-away where connection with the controller is lost Find My Drone will only show the drone to the location where you lost connection. If, as can easily happen, it keeps flying thereafter the best you can do is extrapolate out the flight to make an educated guess as to where it came down. Far different from having a tracker tell you exactly where it is. And yes I have a trackimo.

Reactions: Jamie Preston
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu