DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Joe H

Reactions
Hi, just got an iphone8+ and want to use it to fly my Mavic with (connected to controller of course) and then edit video's on the phone itself, then publish.
anybody else doing the same on iphone? if so, how's the results?
am i stuck with imovie here?

sorry if there is another forum for this.

Thanks for input/feedback!!

Works great I bought an sd adapter to take all the images off the drone and import into my library. I edit photos with Snapseed and then delete off the junk. There are a few alternatives to iMovie however you will not get 2k or 4K out of them. iMovie will let you export in those higher formats. If you want to pay look at lumafusion in the App Store. I am just now changing my mind as it’s all abit too clumsy to be doing all of this on the phone. Instead I’m editing on my MacBook and it all syncs over to my phone through the photos app for me to view and share.

Thanks for your response! But! First flights today and none of my photos show up, on either SD card or photo album or dji go app. Videos are in app, but seems nothing getting saved to SF card or phone.
Any ideas?

LumaFusion is a lot better than iMovie, which is too dumbed down IMO.

No, it's iOS only.

It's good for bare-bone basics, but nothing more advanced.

I wouldn’t call it basic, I’ve made some pretty sick, quality vids from that app. But yes, if you’re looking for 4K support and new retro transitions then I’d say Lumafusion. But at that point I’d say just spend the money and time on quality post work through PC or Mac.

I wouldn’t call it basic, I’ve made some pretty sick, quality vids from that app. But yes, if you’re looking for 4K support and new retro transitions then I’d say Lumafusion. But at that point I’d say just spend the money and time on quality post work through PC or Mac.
"Retro transitions" has nothing to do with it. What I like about LumaFusion is that it provides 4k support, decent color correction, color grading and multitrack audio and video editing, as well as the ability to crop and straighten clips.

I might not use it on an iPhone, but it's great on an iPad Pro, which has a processor that's better than a lot of laptops.

I do most of my editing on a desktop PC with Premiere Pro, but when I'm away from home I like the ability to do some respectable editing on an app that's as close as you can get to full PC editing software, all on the same iPad I already carry in my Mavic bag to fly with, without lugging around a separate laptop.

If you have an iPad Pro it's a no-brainer for $20. I've spent a lot more on other Mavic accessories that get far less use.

Do you think that iMovie for Mac is good enough ?
I used to use iMovie but stopped after Apple dumbed it down so much a few years ago. If you're just wanting basics it's not a bad program to learn on. But if you start improving you'll want to upgrade to something else eventually.

Last edited:
Thanks Mr Salty ! Which one do you recommend ? One between iMovie and FCP

"Retro transitions" has nothing to do with it. What I like about LumaFusion is that it provides 4k support, decent color correction, color grading and multitrack audio and video editing, as well as the ability to crop and straighten clips.

I wouldn't use it on an iPhone, but it's great on an iPad Pro, which has a processor that's better than a lot of laptops.

I do most of my editing on a desktop PC with Premiere Pro, but when I'm away from home I like the ability to do some respectable editing on an app that's as close as you can get to full PC editing software, all on the same iPad I already carry in my Mavic bag to fly with, without lugging around a separate laptop.

If you have an iPad Pro it's a no-brainer for $20. I've spent a lot more on other Mavic accessories that get far less use.

I used to use iMovie but stopped after Apple dumbed it down so much a few years ago. If you're just wanting basics it's not a bad program to learn on. But if you start improving you'll want to upgrade to something else eventually.

Interesting, I’ll have to try it on the iPad.

Reactions: Mr. Salty
Thanks Mr Salty ! Which one do you recommend ? One between iMovie and FCP
Well, one is free and one is, what, $300? You should probably start with iMovie and go from there if you find the need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98