M2P+ Zoom+ will you upgrade?

• Yes. I will upgrade

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No. I will not upgrade.

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters

Drone on

Reactions
According to an article published in Dronedj, DJI may release + versions of the Mavic 2 line.

It's believed that the + will incorporate the ADS-B safety feature.

I appreciate the advancements toward safety. However, unless the FAA further relaxes restrictions to recognize the advancement in safety particular to these models, I will not upgrade.

How about you?

However, unless the FAA further relaxes restrictions to recognize the advancement in safety particular to these models, I will not upgrade
Which restrictions are you thinking could be relaxed/removed due to this advancement in safety?

Don’t plan on spending another $1500 USD plus cost of the receiver. It’s a good idea. Hope there is an unobtrusive retrofit.

Reactions: M2Pro
Only if the quad transmitted the signal rather than just receiving it could I see grounds for some relaxing of restrictions, since planes and ATCs could then see you and possibly avoid you.

I've tried using Airmap's traffic warning system about a year ago. The warning appeared too brief to be useful, and not all traffic was reported.

Got a specific example?
Yes, and no
Yes in that there is an a site near me that would make for a great reveal shot. However, it is not available for LAANC authorization. It is well to the east of the take off and landing path of an executive airport that is class D during the day, and class E other times, but the site is within the very edges of the impermissible grid. While I've not measure it, I suspect it is within 1/8 to 1/16 of a mile of an area that is suddenly 400 feet LAANC approved.
I'm suggesting that with technology as specific as it is, that the safety advances allow for a gradation of altitude, and not blocks of 0, then 400 as in this example, which is real.
I know there is a gradation of blocks in other areas near me, but they go 0, 100, 200, 400. How about 50, 100, 150, etc..

No, in that I don't have the Lat/Long.

Yes in that there is an a site near me that would make for a great reveal shot. However, it is not available for LAANC authorization
At some point (I believe this year), the FAA is going to allow hobbyists to manually get FAA authorization via the FAA Drone Zone (like Part 107 pilots can do today). So, you might be able to get approved that way before this said advancement in safety is even released.

FWIW, I don't think this is really going to be a useful feature until all aircraft (unmanned and manned aircraft) are able to transmit and receive these signals.

Reactions: Drone on
FWIW, I don't think this is really going to be a useful feature until all aircraft (unmanned and manned aircraft) are able to transmit and receive these signals.
Agreed. Any current drone flown without the transmitter will never be picked up, and that is really the biggest risk that can't be seen or heard, unlike manned aircraft. It's just another DJI marketing gimmick, kind of like TSA at the airports! It's all about appearances, rather than truly increasing safety.

I have both the MA and MPz and find I used the MA more as it is easier to fly and the image resolution is better. I like the MPz better for long range as the connection is more solid and it is perfect with the goggles due to the wireless connection. I am keeping both.
I have owned all previous phantoms and spark but the MA would be my ultimate go to drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78