DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic goes swimming or lands on cargo ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I got it back this afternoon! It took a little damage. Broken front legs and a little prop damage. Haven't really looked it over full yet but here's a few pics for everyone that requested them.

And thanks for everyone that helped out in getting it back! I got some beers for the guys at the dock but the security guard wouldn't let me leave them :/View attachment 32477 View attachment 32478
Haha I bet this thing raise a couple security alarms.... at least an eyebrow or two.

Yeah, the security guard at the dock was making it sound like I could have caused an international incident. Saying I was going to have to go through customs or the coast guard to get my drone back. Lucky the guys at the dock were helpful and the captain of the ship as well.

Always the guy with the least authority making the biggest of issues. An international incident? Come on...Really!? You should of deployed seal team 6 to extract your MP avoiding any “international incident.” with security. Everyone else in the cargo ship seem not to care and we’re cool about it. Well congratulations international man of mischief. Glad you got your MP back. That makes 2 of us.

Reactions: robmacom
Stumbled upon this thread and just had to keep reading to see the ending...awesome it made it and still some good people out there!
Me too what an incredible story more so because of the way everyone on here pulled together

Well, I got some new arms next day shipping from Amazon and just took it out for a test flight and everything is looking good.
Glad for you buddy it' a great story. My DJI Air was lost on Sunday it hit a snow bank. I spent an hour looking for it and got it back with location finder. Horrible feeling so great you got yours back

Reactions: wallaces
Haha I bet this thing raise a couple security alarms.... at least an eyebrow or two.
The captain said they contacted the coast guard who just told them to hold onto it in case someone was looking for it. Glad they didn't freak out about it. The security guard was talking about drug smuggling. I was like wow... didn't even think of that.

Can't tell by the video, looks like you might have been short, funny how your video just happens to stop before showing a crash or safe landing.

I think there is a chance it’s on the ship but a slim one. It probably lost connection as it toppled over the railing on the far side or maybe it was just power failure. Those large square boxes could also cut the signal. If you watch the railing it looks like you could be over it. Also look at the spacing of the steel beams from the railing and how close you get to the one right before the video stops.
Should fly another drone there to have a look. Simple. Right?

Just because he got his drone back and nothing was said at that time dosent mean a "storm" wasn't born. Somebody somewhere is asking serious security questions ; the ships owners, the port authority, DHS...just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15