DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
I've just powered on my BT-300 for the first time, updated the firmware. Waiting to hear how lannes proves out the clean reinstall before i do anything. I can't seem to find the version number on the app description in the moverio app store, though- only see that it includes pano mode so that indicates the 1.4.18 version I presume.

Reactions: Silver Surfer
I've just powered on my BT-300 for the first time, updated the firmware. Waiting to hear how lannes proves out the clean reinstall before i do anything. I can't seem to find the version number on the app description in the moverio app store, though- only see that it includes pano mode so that indicates the 1.4.18 version I presume.

mreloc, if you down loaded it from the Moverio App Store than it is the 1.4.18 version updated on 12/7... Also if it includes PANO mode it's an indication that it is the 1.4.18 :)

mreloc, if you down loaded it from the Moverio App Store than it is the 1.4.18 version updated on 12/7... Also if it includes PANO mode it's an indication that it is the 1.4.18 :)
Yes, that's what I figured. I'd just like to be able to read the version number somewhere on it... I've been too afraid to download it at this point :)

Yes it is DJI Go4 1.4.18, do you have an option to stay on 1.4.15 ?

I don't think you would have if it was not pre-loaded, so your'e going to have to download 4.1.18

Yes it is DJI Go4 1.4.18, do you have an option to stay on 1.4.15 ?

I don't think you would have if it was not pre-loaded, so your'e going to have to download 4.1.18

No I don't have an option than .18. The app that is pre loaded is DJI Go

No I don't have an option than .18. The app that is pre loaded is DJI Go

So, I guess you don't have any option but to use 1.4.18, unless you use Litchi which traditionally has less latency issues than DJI Go 4

The method is the exactly the same way you install Litchi on the Crystalsky monitor

I talked with Epson technical support about this problem and they didn't seem to know anything about it. I recommended putting 4.1.15 back in the Moverio App Store and he was going to pass that along. So anyone who is having problems please call Epson Tech Support at (562) 276-4394. They may not listen to just one person so everyone who is having issues needs to report the problem.

Yes, I called them up two days ago and they did get back to me yesterday. But he claim that there is no problem at all for his try out with 4.1.18. Although he promised me to pass on the problem to their software engineer but I doubt they will have solution any shortly. So I will plan to sell my BT300 as it is petty useless.

Yes, I called them up two days ago and they did get back to me yesterday. But he claim that there is no problem at all for his try out with 4.1.18. Although he promised me to pass on the problem to their software engineer but I doubt they will have solution any shortly. So I will plan to sell my BT300 as it is petty useless.

You should wait until the new Epson developed flight software arrives, that may change the experience for you.

I think it's purely a DJI Go 4 4.1.18 issue, even DJI have moved past this version onto 4.1.20 as it was too buggy.

All we have to do is wait for Epson to port over 4.1.20 or 4.1.22 and then we should be fine.

Also note the latency and pixelation issues are only related to the Mavic, both the P4P and Spark work perfectly and the Spark is over wi-fi instead of OTG, which is surprising .

Reactions: godiva92
You should wait until the new Epson developed flight software arrives, that may change the experience for you.

I think it's purely a DJI Go 4 4.1.18 issue, even DJI have moved past this version onto 4.1.20 as it was too buggy.

All we have to do is wait for Epson to port over 4.1.20 or 4.1.22 and then we should be fine.

Also note the latency and pixelation issues are only related to the Mavic, both the P4P and Spark work perfectly and the Spark is over wi-fi instead of OTG, which is surprising .

Also, Epson does not do any porting of the software, they just check it out and in the case of 4.1.18 they must have checked it on something other than the Mavic, as Iannes said the problem is only on the Mavic.

The Epson software guys were telling me about the new software and were pretty excited about it. With their own software they won't be reliant on someone else when there are problems.

For those having problems with 4.1.18 on the Mavic, try Litchi it works well.

You can side load other apps as well e.g Google maps, Hover, UCGS , Uavforecast, Trackimo, Netflix etc. once you have installed the relevant google services files

I flew the Mavic today and there were absolutely no latency or pixelation with 4.1.18, at first.
I did have all the caching back to the BT-300 turned off and I cleared the video cache as well
Regular mode was set and the image transmission rate was around 12mbps, frequency was auto

Some pixelation started to occur as the BT-300 got hotter after about 20mins

I think the latency and pixelation issues could be related to heat and the faulty DJI Go 4 4.1.18, it is causing all devices to run hotter for some reason.
The cpu's and the inbuilt gpu's are definitely being hammered by some errant code in the recording functions
I also notice when recording that the pixelation goes away when you lock the exposure settings, the pixelation was occurring when the auto exposure was transitioning from light to dark and back.
Even my CS monitor's have the fans coming on straight away with 4.1.18 when the app is first started, while with previous versions of DJI Go 4 the fans never came on at all.

These issues are not due to the BT-300 but relate purely to DJI Go 4 4.1.18, even DJI have now released for IOS 4.1.20

Following on from WTFoxtrot's lead, I've also installed DJI Go 4 4.1.22 on the BT-300 instead of 4.1.18 which I unistalled.

I can confirm that DJI Go 4 4.1.22 , for me it removes all latency and pixelation on the BT-300 with the Mavic Pro and the Platinum

Tested while shooting 4k video at 25 fps, image transmission regular and image transmission rate is now at the maximum 12.36mbps

Here is the process:

I removed all the side loaded apps e.g Litchi, UAV forecast, google services for now via a clean BT-300 install

Then using the BT-300 browser, I went to apkpure.com and downloaded the following files to the BT-300

1) DJI GO 4 For drones since P4_v4.1.22_apkpure.com.xapk (164.4 MB) , note it is a .XAPK file that will need the Apkpure android app to install it

Download DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.22 APK | APKPure.com

2) Apkpure android app - APKPure_v2.5.3_apkpure.com.apk (7.9 MB)

Download APKPure latest 2.5.3 Android APK

Instructions for the Apkpure android app, you will need to allow for the "install from unknown sources" in the BT-300 settings

How to install unknown sources APK to Android

3) Install process on the BT-300

• Go to "downloads" on the BT-300, install the APKpure android app
  • After install open the app, and hit the 3 lines icon in the top right of the screen to go the next menu
  • Select APK/ XAPK Management tab to open
  • Then install DJI Go 4 4.1.22 from here

Then have fun flying again :DThumbswayup

Last edited:
The video advises care when installing apps that do not come from the Movario app store as Epson no longer has control of what is installed. When using the side loading procedure It would be very easy to install an app that would not be compatible, could cause problems or worse. Nothing new here, it's been this way since the glasses were first introduced. But.....

My suspicion is that reason for the video is that Epson is about to introduce a device plug-in that will permit running cross platform apps. It will probably be necessary to side load these files and apps as we go forward to gain access to new, long promised, functionality. Read this article about Open Source Virtual Reality (OSVR) content creation to get an idea of what may be in store for us to have actual AR content.

Last edited:
If you check the Movario App Store, the two most recent apps are an OSVR AR Demo and an OSVR VR demo. Both are made by Senics, the developers of OSVR mentioned in my previous post.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine