DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My amp/antenna build and distance test (I will update thread as i go)

0A4CC24A-248E-42D7-A797-221C1BE526B9.png This was a cheap panel run, the alt numbers are high because of the mountains,mostly 350AGL

Removed cables for a cleaner neater look, and a little less loss. Trees can be a pain. A Tower always helps. Or a small open area to fly out of.

Removed cables for a cleaner neater look, and a little less loss. Trees can be a pain. A Tower always helps. Or a small open area to fly out of.

ahhh ok and yes I am thinking of building a fight tower 10 by 10 platform :) 15 - 20 feet in the air :) I posted a thread about it awhile ago :)

An extension piece off this for another 8ft would make a nice light and portable setup.

https://www.amazon.com/Hammaka-Tripod-Hanging-Chair-Stand/dp/B0009ORGIG

AFiICzl.jpg

here are the pics I hope to test maybe later today :)

15 dbi panel.JPG

15 dbi panel 2.JPG

Hey Bro, I've been watching and reading your thread without comment for ages. Now you finally have added panels, I ask myself, then ultimately you! Why not a ground station set up? Like you dont have to raise yourself 10 foot in the air, but a good tower could put the antennae up there, the amps ect could all be in an 'elephant case'... and just a cable or two to your controller??

Hey Bro, I've been watching and reading your thread without comment for ages. Now you finally have added panels, I ask myself, then ultimately you! Why not a ground station set up? Like you dont have to raise yourself 10 foot in the air, but a good tower could put the antennae up there, the amps ect could all be in an 'elephant case'... and just a cable or two to your controller??

I want to keep it as portable as possible and I like being outside ( well when its warm out..lol) however I do have a few ideas so I may do something like that in the future!

on a side note I would put the amps by the controller then have then longer cables run outside to the antenna! this way the amps can help get that signal thru the longer cable better!

Reactions: Simmo
Here is the flight path for my furthest distance to date... as you can see I am 400 feet up! the trees are killing me!! lol lol battery is another problem.. I didn't fly a straight line I did that for a reason just in case I have to land I am not by trees! ( well for the most part that is...lol) this with the Omni 15 dbi antenna and 4 watt amps. my HD signal was cutting in and out at this distance!

I will be going the same path with the panels!

path.jpg

Just so that you can get an idea this is what I see when I sit in my chair to fly. The red arrow is the direction I fly! besides the trees I am also down lower like in a hole per se.. the road next to me is higher then me if that makes any sense..lol

view.jpg

I did get a ONE test done with the panel antennas..hummm not what I thought it would be :( I will post data later......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925