DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Goggles for Avata Compatible With Air 2S?

The Avata FAQ shows they are only compatible with the Avata. Who knows what the plans are for the future though.

That is a shame. DJI didn't listen to people who ask them to include an HDMI in since they come up with FPV V1 goggles. They could have a lot more sales if they did.
Probably not, and that's why they don't.

Really? how many units of V2 do they sell without buying the combo? A lot and still people buying those.
Could you share the sales figures and your source?

I'm highly skeptical sales of standalone V2 goggles is anything more than a tiny dribble.

Are you perhaps misinterpreting sales of the FPV kit for non-DJI drones?

DJI's lack of forward/backward/cross compatibility is a slap in the face to Victor Hasselblad, now rolling in his grave with his name on DJI products. Hasselblad for decades had been known for foward/backward compatibility and non-obsolescence. DJI bought the name, but sadly, not the principles which Hasseblad proudly stood by.

Reactions: Jubjub Bird
No, but then I'm not claiming there's some market for an HDMI input, you are.

However, if we're to speculate based on the behavior of DJI w.r.t. offering HDMI, it seems apparent that the financials just don't support it, rather than that DJI is, well, just mean.

That would be a bad way to run a business. Very bad.

DJI's lack of forward/backward/cross compatibility is a slap in the face to Victor Hasselblad, now rolling in his grave with his name on DJI products. Hasselblad for decades had been known for foward/backward compatibility and non-obsolescence. DJI bought the name, but sadly, not the principles which Hasseblad proudly stood by.
I don't like it either, but I feel a little guilty complaining when I keep slobbering up more slop from the trough every time they pour out another bucket (next, an Avata 😉)

Picture a pig trough at meal time. Yup! That's what we all look like every time DJI releases a new drone 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 10thirty
That is a shame. DJI didn't listen to people who ask them to include an HDMI in since they come up with FPV V1 goggles. They could have a lot more sales if they did. Seems they don't care.
I use this combination if interested

View attachment 153982
In the process of installing these antennas, it looks like the sc isn’t quite back to factory condition. The left pad seems to be a bit out of place. Did something get damaged? The goggles work well?

In the process of installing these antennas, it looks like the sc isn’t quite back to factory condition. The left pad seems to be a bit out of place. Did something get damaged? The goggles work well?

No there is nothing damaged. I forgot to put some double-sided tape when I put it together. That's all
everything else is great. Yes the goggles are pretty good in comparison with others I try so far.

Thanks. That tape that DJI uses is a pain sometimes. Works great the first time, but then……. not so good.

They could have a lot more sales if they did. Seems they don't care.

DJI simply make a new better goggles model to suit an new drone they want to sell, so they can sell more drones.
I don't think they care about user experiences, or we'd still have RE goggles on the market, and more cordless compatibility with newer occusync versions on the models newer than the M2P/Z.

DJI simply make a new better goggles model to suit an new drone they want to sell, so they can sell more drones.
I don't think they care about user experiences, or we'd still have RE goggles on the market, and more cordless compatibility with newer occusync versions on the models newer than the M2P/Z.
I understand they want to sell more combo packages than solo goggles. But wait until they change the firmware in the Goggles 2 to support the DJI air unit camera and Caddx Vista then they will sell stand-alone goggles like crazy. RE goggles are bulky and heavy nothing compared with the new Goggles 2. I get rid of my RE a long time ago because at 90 degrees in the sun was a pain to wear them.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54